• The KillerFrogs

Frog Volleyball 2021

Pharm Frog

Frogs in action currently at home against KSU. The first set has been yuck by both teams. Patty cake game with atrocious officiating. Frogs have gotten a lot of breaks but neither team playing worth crap.

Pharm Frog

Frogs win Set 1 26-24. If anyone ever wonders if TCU gets home cooking in any sport…wonder no more. Frogs were gifted that set by ridiculous officiating. KSU used three challenges in the first set and should have won all three but only won two. Embarrassing volleyball on both sides of the net and on the sides too. KSU didn’t help itself with 5 service errors.

Pharm Frog

Frogs boat race Cats in Set 2 at 17. Cats look like they quit with only one or two exceptions. KSU coach subbed liberally in that set looking for anyone who might actually want to play. I have an idea if Set 1 had swung the other way this match would be much different.

Pharm Frog

It’s a shame that there’s a handful of high school volleyball players in the gym that’s watching this. Neither team is hitting over .200 and the errors are prolific. This is easily the worst KSU team I’ve seen ever. Maybe they are just uninspired but they play very poorly. They do have the best looking player on the floor though.

Pharm Frog

Cats win Set 3 at 23. Frogs are up 2-1 despite hitting .168 and getting out-blocked and out-killed. That tells the tale. I’m out. Hope the Frogs win but really don’t care. Would prefer good volleyball

JugbandFrog

Cats win Set 3 at 23. Frogs are up 2-1 despite hitting .168 and getting out-blocked and out-killed. That tells the tale. I’m out. Hope the Frogs win but really don’t care. Would prefer good volleyball
Yeah. I keep trying to get into the sport as there seems to be a lot of passion from our fans for it, but the more I watch, the more I’m just confused. This is especially true when I see us play a good team.

Pharm Frog

Wrong again Pharm. Cats win Set 4 at 21. Lose 3-1. Better volleyball (except service errors). Worse result. Shame because a W tonight would have lifted the Frogs out of the conference cellar.

Pharm Frog

Okay coach…2-6 in conference. In last place and have a losing season record to this point. You took the libero jersey off the freshman and gave it to a grad-Sr. While Dennison is a hard working player and may be marginally better at the position, it’s time to play for the future and develop your freshman. No reason to waste a single point on the past until Senior Night IMO. Put next year’s squad on the floor and let them play. You’ve figured out that Raiola is your best 6-way option and start making Cole a hybrid attacker-blocker.

JugbandFrog

Okay coach…2-6 in conference. In last place and have a losing season record to this point. You took the libero jersey off the freshman and gave it to a grad-Sr. While Dennison is a hard working player and may be marginally better at the position, it’s time to play for the future and develop your freshman. No reason to waste a single point on the past until Senior Night IMO. Put next year’s squad on the floor and let them play. You’ve figured out that Raiola is your best 6-way option and start making Cole a hybrid attacker-blocker.
Are you saying it’s time for her to “manage the season”? Hehehe

Pharm Frog

Are you saying it’s time for her to “manage the season”? Hehehe

It’s time to manage for future seasons. Hopefully to put the next coach in a better position to deploy developed players…or at least see who’s got what it takes. Who knows? Might just win a few along the way.

Pharm Frog

In keeping with the theme of coaching failures, I predict despite suboptimal leadership, your Frog VB team will go undefeated this weekend.