• The KillerFrogs

Frog Volleyball 2021

leofrog

Had maybe their best team ever 2 years ago?
One of the best, but not the best, so that’s a positive. But, the team has not progressed. I know you can blame Covid, but even pre-Covid they didn’t achieve their full potential IMO. This is coming from a women’s season ticket holder and big supporter of the team.

Moose Stuff

One of the best, but not the best, so that’s a positive. But, the team has not progressed. I know you can blame Covid, but even pre-Covid they didn’t achieve their full potential IMO. This is coming from a women’s season ticket holder and big supporter of the team.
Bets team they’ve had since I was at TCU in the early 90’s IMO.

leofrog

Bets team they’ve had since I was at TCU in the early 90’s IMO.
I would say any of Sandora’s team were probably better, but the 2005 team is probably the best. Beat several top teams (#13 and #3 back to back), and won the conference tourney. Fell flat in the first round of the NCAA tourney.

But, the 2020 team would not have won the conference tourney, and who knows what they would have done in the NCAA tourney. Also, they didn’t have the signature wins in the regular season.

Again, spoken as a season ticket holder.

TCUdirtbag

I would say any of Sandora’s team were probably better, but the 2005 team is probably the best. Beat several top teams (#13 and #3 back to back), and won the conference tourney. Fell flat in the first round of the NCAA tourney.

But, the 2020 team would not have won the conference tourney, and who knows what they would have done in the NCAA tourney. Also, they didn’t have the signature wins in the regular season.

Again, spoken as a season ticket holder.

Not sure how we derailed the volleyball thread to WBB. But WBB is a hard sport to reach the pinnacle in. Only a handful of colleges fund the sport at a competitive level (UCONN. SC, Baylor, LSU, Miss St, Stanford, Texas, Tennessee, etc). TCU isn’t one of them, and I’m not sure where you go from Pebley unless you’re fundamentally transforming your investment.

I don’t follow WBB remotely close enough to have an opinion on 2005 vs. 2020. But hinging your argument on the grounds of “one won the conference tournament and the other couldn’t” without acknowledging the first occurred in CUSA and the second refers to the Big 12 is objectively silly and diminishes your credibility. IMO.

leofrog

Not sure how we derailed the volleyball thread to WBB. But WBB is a hard sport to reach the pinnacle in. Only a handful of colleges fund the sport at a competitive level (UCONN. SC, Baylor, LSU, Miss St, Stanford, Texas, Tennessee, etc). TCU isn’t one of them, and I’m not sure where you go from Pebley unless you’re fundamentally transforming your investment.

I don’t follow WBB remotely close enough to have an opinion on 2005 vs. 2020. But hinging your argument on the grounds of “one won the conference tournament and the other couldn’t” without acknowledging the first occurred in CUSA and the second refers to the Big 12 is objectively silly and diminishes your credibility. IMO.
Not sure who derailed it either, but I was just replying to a poster.

But, as someone who says they don’t follow WBB closely enough, to question my credibility because of a CUSA vs Big 12 comparison shows your idiotic mindset. CUSA that year sent 4 teams to the tournament, including tournament regulars like DePaul and Louisville. In 2020, I believe the Big 12 was going to get 3 teams in, so defeats your asinine comment.

Stick to what you think you know!

crankuptheenolagay

Wow…just wow…the whole NCAA VB world must suck for the B12 to get 7 teams in. RPI game played very well I guess. And what a messed up system that is VB RPI….

I see no reason why ISU and K-State get a bid. K-State is okay but 15-12 I think. These teams helped by losing to either Texas and Baylor on the road. Notre Dame has an RPI of 32 with a losing season record (12-15) but at least they aren’t in.

I begrudgingly agree that Tech at 17-12 might should get a bubble bid because they’ve gotten better every week but I’m still thinking this should have been a 5-bid conference at best.

I see that Colgate made it. Saw them play TCU in 2019 and was very impressed at how much that coach was able to get out of those players. Excellent coaching just not enough height or athleticism.
Three former Frogs make the playoffs, Katie Clark at Penn St., Elan McCall at UCLA, and Tori Dilfer at Louisville. I didn’t see Katie in the box score before Penn St was eliminated, Elan started for UCLA but they lost in straight sets to Wisconsin. Number one seed Louisville just punched their ticket to the final four with Tori Dilfer as their starting setter.

leofrog

Three former Frogs make the playoffs, Katie Clark at Penn St., Elan McCall at UCLA, and Tori Dilfer at Louisville. I didn’t see Katie in the box score before Penn St was eliminated, Elan started for UCLA but they lost in straight sets to Wisconsin. Number one seed Louisville just punched their ticket to the final four with Tori Dilfer as their starting setter.
What could have been!

TCUdirtbag

Not sure who derailed it either, but I was just replying to a poster.

But, as someone who says they don’t follow WBB closely enough, to question my credibility because of a CUSA vs Big 12 comparison shows your idiotic mindset. CUSA that year sent 4 teams to the tournament, including tournament regulars like DePaul and Louisville. In 2020, I believe the Big 12 was going to get 3 teams in, so defeats your asinine comment.

Stick to what you think you know!

Look I don’t have any plans to be a WBB know-it-all-[ Arschloch]. But the road to a Big 12 conference regular season or tournament title has run through Baylor for a long time. Per Wikipedia just now, Baylor won the national title in 2005 and was ranked #3 when the 2020 season got covid-ed. But I dunno maybe winning the 2005 Conference USA title would’ve been akin to winning the 2020 Big 12 title. But I’m betting not.

Anyways, just thought your argument had a pretty obvious hole in it. I don’t know which team was better and tbh don’t care. Enjoy the games this year.

leofrog

Look I don’t have any plans to be a WBB know-it-all-[ Arschloch]. But the road to a Big 12 conference regular season or tournament title has run through Baylor for a long time. Per Wikipedia just now, Baylor won the national title in 2005 and was ranked #3 when the 2020 season got covid-ed. But I dunno maybe winning the 2005 Conference USA title would’ve been akin to winning the 2020 Big 12 title. But I’m betting not.

Anyways, just thought your argument had a pretty obvious hole in it. I don’t know which team was better and tbh don’t care. Enjoy the games this year.
If you don’t know or don’t care, then why are you being a dumbass putting your $0.02 in. Again, so be a dumbass with your baseball posts!!

JogginFrog

Eh -- lots of smoke but not much fire on the women's hoops argument.

2005 -- TCU was a 7 seed and was the second-highest seed in its conference (C-USA teams were seeded 5, 7, 9 & 10)
2020 -- TCU was projected as a 7 seed (ESPN) and the second-highest seed in its conference; RealtimeRPI projected Frogs as a 5

Either is a good choice as best team since the 1990s.

PO Frog

They sell season tickets for women’s sports? Huh

JogginFrog

Well, since we're mixing volleyball with other sports...and since we're a women's soccer powerhouse...I think footvolley would be fertile ground for development.