• The KillerFrogs

Frog v Anteater

I really wish/hope they can find a way to get Samuel and LeDee in the game together some. It would sure be nice to have some real size in the games sometimes.

I thought we might see some of this last night when Smith and Grayer were so undersized against their power forwards, but with Samuel in foul trouble it took that option out of the mix.

Moose Stuff

Someone has to because the guy that is supposed to take over games stood in a corner during crunch time and shot 1 three for the entire game. I’m 100% on board with giving RJ the keys if Bane is going to continue to play scared.

I don’t know if scared is the right word, but yes.

Big Frog II

I’ve learned a ton of [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] on here over the years since I started posting on here way back in high school over ten years ago.

Probably wouldn’t be married and employed without the life lessons, tough love, and constructive criticism I’ve received from killerfrogs.
We’re here to help.

Eight

still early so hard to get a a good gauge on the team overall.

this was the frog's best opponent to date, but how good is uc irvine? i know about the win last year in the tournament, but the loss by 16 to colorado is more intriguing to me than a win a year ago.

as pointed out, the frogs are not big up front and i am a bit concerned when the frogs get into conference we are going to see some struggles with bigger opponents. they are not going to win many games in the big 12 getting beaten on the boards the way they did last night.

who knows with bane what is actually happening, but in this offense is it possible to force the ball to him?

sure seems the origin of much of the offense in the half court offense starts with that high pick and if he drifts to the 3 point line he gets lost at times. that desmond or this offense?

this is not a great shooting team so far and i am a bit concerned we will continue to see the streaks from the outside.

rj's development should help the balance, but when the frogs get in to conference play the others are going to have to step it up if the frogs want to reach the middle of the conference this year.

guess we will get a better feel for this team soon. not sure how good clemson is despite their record but colorado is ranked with double digit conference win and beat uc-irvine by 16.

Eight

This team could beat anyone in conference by 10 if we are making 3’s. We could also lose to any team in the conference by 25 plus

not sure i agree on the upside of this team as the conference has some damn good teams.

guess on that one night it all clicks scenario, but outside of bane and grayer in the first 4 games the rest of this team is 20 of 71 from the 3 point line and 28% is a bit scary to me knowing what the frogs are going to face from opposing defenses come conference play.

just seems this offense can't create easy baskets if it isn't in transition.

RoyaltyWorePurple

Went to the game last night. First assessment was that we were a little static on the play calling- still too much standing around. Their bigs were more physical, and in my purple colored glasses on got away with some overly physical play. The first half felt like a colossal "brick fest" from both teams with almost no rhythm whatsoever.

It's a nice change to see an additional reliable scorer coming out in Nembhard. Its better than trying to force the ball to Bane every time to get a basket. Bane will be fine. I'll take a lucky win over a frustrating lose any day.

First World Problems:
The older couple near our seats were just about the most uninformed watchers of basketball I've seen. We could hear them yelling in the second half when Welp faked a shot from 3, "All Day 40!!! Take that shot all day!!!! Give him that shot all day!!!!" Not realizing that he was 1 for 1 on threes at that point. ANY foul called on TCU was "Ticky Tack" or "Never happened!!! He never touched him!!!!" Even when our player would put his hand up in the air to make sure the official knew it was him and not one of our other guys. They also bemoaned EVERY missed shot. I have no problem with people chastising your team on a poor decision, giving the refs a little heat when you think its a bad call (within reason), but to do it on EVERY PLAY gets old.

SuperBarrFrog

Where has everyone booked rooms for Atlanta? Downtown or Buckhead?

Depends on what you are wanting to do while In town. Buckhead has a Dallas vibe with big restaurants and ritzy shopping. If you want to do culture stuff and eat at new cool restaurants I would recommend dtown or midtown. There are nice hotels all of these places. I would personally much rather be in the center of town than up in Buckhead.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Depends on what you are wanting to do while In town. Buckhead has a Dallas vibe with big restaurants and ritzy shopping. If you want to do culture stuff and eat at new cool restaurants I would recommend dtown or midtown. There are nice hotels all of these places. I would personally much rather be in the center of town than up in Buckhead.
What are your thoughts on Yeah Burger?