• The KillerFrogs

frog news from 2020 nfl combine

jake102

apparently jalen prepared at exos training in frisco who has a history working with nfl prospects, but the single most common thing i have read is why he came to the combine 10+ lbs. heavier than his playing weight when he wasn't exactly a small guy in the first place

That wasn’t a complete thought

netty2424

I think there's a chance he maybe just isn't quite as fast, quick and explosive as everyone thought he was. I don't think the extra weight helps, but it would be a very strange strategy for him to start getting ready for special teams work before the draft. I think he sees himself as a first rounder, those guys don't worry about ST.

To me he always seemed like more a sprinter than a real quick, shifty guy. That would kind of explain the very slow 3-cone time.
You may be spot on, I don’t know. I feel like those reputations can take on a life of their own, but he had 3 years for that myth to be debunked.

Who knows, maybe he is a top end guy at longer distances.

Wexahu

apparently jalen prepared at exos training in frisco who has a history working with nfl prospects, but the single most common thing i have read is why he came to the combine 10+ lbs. heavier than his playing weight when he wasn't exactly a small guy in the first place

His dad was/is a pretty big dude. Maybe it's a case of as JR gets older, he's going to naturally just become bigger due to genetics.

Last edited:

PO Frog

So lets keep John Stephens buried at 3rd string WR instead of seeing if a freak athlete might thrive at a different, possibly more appropriate position. Got it.

An elite track athlete/sprinter is the same speed as he would be 10 lbs heavier. Got it.

Anymore thoughts?? You are batting 1.000 so far.....
I didn't say he wouldn't run faster so that makes you the one in error. I implied it wouldn't account for a full tenth. Why not drop 50 pounds and run a sub 4? Dummy

Punter1

I didn't say he wouldn't run faster so that makes you the one in error. I implied it wouldn't account for a full tenth. Why not drop 50 pounds and run a sub 4? Dummy

Oh so now you agree being lighter makes you faster but not a tenth faster...splitting hairs bro and you're probably deadass wrong.

Jalen has been clocked sub 4.4 at TCU and when he started his pro training numerous times at his old 190 to 195 lb playing weight . There was every realistic expectation by all the pro scouts he would go sub 4.4 again in Indy. So what changed?? His weight...duh....lemme point out the obvious.

And it's pretty easy math to explain that a 5% in increase in weight translated to a 2% decrease in time.

And as far as 50 lb bad joke goes...kinda embarrased for ya at this point.

CountryFrog

I'm not so sure about that, I think it definitely has at least some impact. If guys that run faster than expected can help their draft stock (which history shows is true) than the opposite has to be true as well, because for every guy that moves up the board, one is going down.

If he had run a 4.35 his draft stock would be different right now, I'm pretty sure of that.
There are a lot of things that happen between the end of the season and the draft that effect "draft stock" which is basically just the perception of people who are guessing at where guys might be drafted.

What I'm saying is that the people doing the drafting already know he's fast and none of those people suddenly believe he's not fast anymore. His draft position will not be determined by his 40 time.