• The KillerFrogs

Frog Fandom

SparkleFrog

I know, I know. How dare I post something random on Early Signing Day, aka Baby Christmas?!

However...I have been thinking about a recent post discussing fans who didn’t go to TCU. I was just in Walgreens picking up medicine and (as almost always) was wearing a TCU sweatshirt. The pharmacist was shy but said, “Hey! I like your shirt!” I asked if she was a “Frog Fan” and she said that she didn’t go there but she just loves everything about TCU and that all she asked her husband to get her for Christmas was a dry fit TCU shirt. That’s so sweet to me, and a sign things are shifting. Just brightened my day even more and wanted to share.

SparkleFrog

Everyone hates t-shirt fans except for the ones who root for their own school

I wouldn’t say “everyone”. I think that depends. If they are nice people and are just looking to be supportive and part of the fun, that’s one thing. If they are [ Arschloch]s in the stands or really in general, then that is the type of person who creates the visual for that negative connotation. So bring on fans of all kinds...unless they [ Arschloch]s.

SparkleFrog

Bring RhineStone with you, say it was her idea.
Reduces the creep factor by 90%.
You’re welcome.

Now about that world peace thing....

Great idea. My kid is the one who just invited her math teacher to our Christmas dinner, so that would be completely within the scope of who she is.

West Coast Johnny

We've come a long way since I graduated in the late 80s. I remember having to explain to people in Fort Worth what TCU was and where it was located. I'm not exagerating, we literally had no local exposure at all. Now we are big time.

Leap Frog

Way back when, I don't know how many times I was asked " Where is TCU located?" This occurred at places like Norman, Ok. Lawrence, Kan., and other assorted out-of-town games the Frogs went to. It's been awhile since that question was posed-- thanks TCU.

YA

We've come a long way since I graduated in the late 80s. I remember having to explain to people in Fort Worth what TCU was and where it was located. I'm not exagerating, we literally had no local exposure at all. Now we are big time.
Yep--even into the early 2000's when TCU would go to Lockheed for ticket sales, routinely TCU folks were asked where is TCU and does it play division I ball.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I remember always having people not knowing the difference between TSU and TCU. It would drive me crazy. At the time UT was big on ‘THE UNIVERSITY’ window stickers that were 5 inches high. So I would go on the offensive and ask which university their sticker referred to or if A&M was a part of Arkansas AM&N (now State I believe).