• The KillerFrogs

Frog Club Luncheon

SuperTFrog

• 1st & 10 at TCU 20​

(1:30 - 3rd) Max Duggan pass complete to Daimarqua Foster for 22 yds to the TCU 42 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at TCU 42​

(1:00 - 3rd) Max Duggan pass complete to Quentin Johnston for 19 yds to the Okla 39 for a 1ST down
  • 1st & 10 at OU 39​

(0:20 - 3rd) Taye Barber run for 1 yd to the Okla 38
  • 2nd & 9 at OU 38​

(0:14 - 3rd) Max Duggan pass incomplete to Daimarqua Foster
  • 3rd & 9 at OU 38​

(0:07 - 3rd) Max Duggan pass incomplete to Savion Williams
  • 4th & 9 at OU 38​

(0:02 - 3rd) Jordy Sandy punt for 32 yds, fair catch by Marvin Mims at the Okla 6
I think he is talking about the 4th quarter punt with 6 minutes left. It sure what happened but we got to the 17 yd line and ran the next from our own 12. Maybe a penalty but it wasn’t recorded in the play by play.

Pharm Frog

I think he is talking about the 4th quarter punt with 6 minutes left. It sure what happened but we got to the 17 yd line and ran the next from our own 12. Maybe a penalty but it wasn’t recorded in the play by play.

Fine....I don't think anyone was that torn up that he punted in this situation. Punting from the OU 38 was inexcusable. By this time he'd already conceded the game at least twice. That he may think THIS was the irritating punt is even more indicative of lunacy. The 5 yard false start penalty was on Coleman and it happened on 2nd down just prior to the 6 yard rush for Foster. The ESPN PBP is incorrect. Guess what happens after this punt? 8 consecutive rushes by Kennedy Brooks and then a TD run for Gray....stops were made by Mathis, VZ, Coleman, Carter, Bradford so it wasn't like we had emptied the bench (if we have one).
  • 1st & 10 at TCU 5​

(10:05 - 4th) Max Duggan pass incomplete
  • 2nd & 10 at TCU 5​

(9:50 - 4th) Kendre Miller run for no gain to the TCU 5
  • 3rd & 10 at TCU 5​

(9:05 - 4th) Max Duggan run for 11 yds to the TCU 16 for a 1ST down
  • 2nd & 9 at TCU 17​

(8:06 - 4th) TCU Penalty, False Start (Brandon Coleman) to the TCU 12
  • 1st & 10 at TCU 16​

(8:06 - 4th) Kendre Miller run for 1 yd to the TCU 17
  • 2nd & 13 at TCU 12​

(7:15 - 4th) Daimarqua Foster run for 6 yds to the TCU 18
  • 3rd & 7 at TCU 18​

(7:06 - 4th) Max Duggan pass incomplete to Taye Barber
  • 4th & 7 at TCU 18​

(6:53 - 4th) Jordy Sandy punt for 50 yds , Marvin Mims returns for no gain to the Okla 32

Froggy Style

Fine....I don't think anyone was that torn up that he punted in this situation. Punting from the OU 38 was inexcusable. By this time he'd already conceded the game at least twice. That he may think THIS was the irritating punt is even more indicative of lunacy. The 5 yard false start penalty was on Coleman and it happened on 2nd down just prior to the 6 yard rush for Foster. The ESPN PBP is incorrect. Guess what happens after this punt? 8 consecutive rushes by Kennedy Brooks and then a TD run for Gray....stops were made by Mathis, VZ, Coleman, Carter, Bradford so it wasn't like we had emptied the bench (if we have one).
And This is the problem. Gary spins and then believes his own BS so he can’t correct.

If you were conceding, then do so at halftime and put in the backups.

Truth of the matter is, “he doesn’t coach to lose”, he just doesn’t know how to coach other than to try and win by defense….which isn’t a thing when you have little time left.

He’s a d coordinator and not a head coach. Unfortunately he’s the 111th best coordinator out there and probably about the same as a head coach.

I wonder if he’s be last in defense if he didn’t give up.

Strat Frog

Can someone translate the second half of #13 for me? What does ‘step off the ledge’ mean??

“..even when winning we need to step off the ledge”?

Who is we? Us, the fans?

YA

Can someone translate the second half of #13 for me? What does ‘step off the ledge’ mean??

“..even when winning we need to step off the ledge”?

Who is we? Us, the fans?
In context he was saying people critique when we win just as much as when we lose. People need to stop stepping off the ledge on everything and sometimes not take it so seriously. One of the reasons I rarely read the game threads. Even when we win people were complaining even in a win.

SuperTFrog

• 1st & 10 at TCU 5​

(10:05 - 4th) Max Duggan pass incomplete
  • 2nd & 10 at TCU 5​

(9:50 - 4th) Kendre Miller run for no gain to the TCU 5
  • 3rd & 10 at TCU 5​

(9:05 - 4th) Max Duggan run for 11 yds to the TCU 16 for a 1ST down
  • 2nd & 9 at TCU 17​

(8:06 - 4th) TCU Penalty, False Start (Brandon Coleman) to the TCU 12
  • 1st & 10 at TCU 16​

(8:06 - 4th) Kendre Miller run for 1 yd to the TCU 17
  • 2nd & 13 at TCU 12​

(7:15 - 4th) Daimarqua Foster run for 6 yds to the TCU 18
  • 3rd & 7 at TCU 18​

(7:06 - 4th) Max Duggan pass incomplete to Taye Barber
  • 4th & 7 at TCU 18​

(6:53 - 4th) Jordy Sandy punt for 50 yds , Marvin Mims returns for no gain to the Okla 32
I’m very well aware that it didn’t work at all. We can differ in opinion, but I thought the 4th quarter punt was worse. Punting with 6 minutes left down 14 concedes the game. That one KILLED me. Neither were good, though.

Time to move on and whip WVU. I’m predicting a TTU type of game.

YA

Personally I wouldn’t have punted either time.
And sure as hell not run it on the last series. Throw up the 50/50 ball. Show off the offense he says he believes in. Show your team that no matter the circumstances fighting for yardage is the key. Some teams need to know who is pulling who during the season. This year the offense is carrying the team. Continue to feed that till he can get defense fixed, if possible.

I was screaming at the tv stepping off the ledge.

PO Frog

1. N Daniels will not play this week
2. 5th year senior will play safety. Calls him a nickname of Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. Some players will be back and some more are out, including one hurt yesterday at practice. Toe/foot issue. Hard to hear exactly who as he was speaking away from my direction.
4. Texas tech field is trash and one reason we have a lot of hurt players.
5. Max is tough kid and will not get better till season is over. He has been limited in practice but less than last week when he only practiced Friday.
6 . Some other players are limited in practice this week. See #3.
7. Lots of injuries. But that’s football.
8. Says former defensive players have communicated with current players about what they see and how to correct. CGP thinks this is a good thing.
9. Players are excited to get back to a night home and pissed off about losing.
10. More 3 fronts again this week to help out secondary.
11. Wants to blitz more
12. 4th down call was based on %’s and he claimed we just lost 5 yards on last play, I don’t recall if we did. Said mojo wasn’t on our side.
13. Said he wants all of us to be happy and he wants us all to realize even when winning or losing we need stop stepping off the ledge.
14. Says he reads everything because sometimes the fans are right in their assessments.
15. He gets lots of drunk/mad/happy dm’s, texts, etc from 11pm-2am. Said he can tell the real mood of the fan base during that time.
16. Very proud of the offense and they can score a variety of ways.
17. Waited 3 years to get a older qb and now we have a defense not up to par. Said all of that is on him and he will get correct.
18. wvu is trying to find an identity on offense, but their defense is built to stop the run. We need more success against them at home.
19, Happy mood, but very horse.
20. ou qb is a stud and will get better as the year goes by. Says he is the difference in a game compared to the benched qb.
21. Lots of use “at the end of the day.”
22. Food was grilled chicken, cheese grits and green beans.
Lol at you knuckleheads sending drunk angry DMs to GP throughout the night.

Also, a couple of quotes from him in the past few days make me think someone has gotten to him and he’s had a change of attitude. More likely the wife than the AD, but he seems a little less chippy than post game OU and the prior weeks. Maybe he’s resigned to a losing season…

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Lol at you knuckleheads sending drunk angry DMs to GP throughout the night.

Also, a couple of quotes from him in the past few days make me think someone has gotten to him and he’s had a change of attitude. More likely the wife than the AD, but he seems a little less chippy than post game OU and the prior weeks. Maybe he’s resigned to a losing season…
(Psst: Gary is Wexahu...)

netty2424

He does not have a physical injury. He has other issues that he deals with.
According to a poster on the other board, who’s quick to come to his defense, said he’s having trouble with his knee again. Played a little and he’s having some issues with it he can’t seem to shake. So it sounds like it is injury related at this point.

If that’s the case, I feel for the young man.