• The KillerFrogs

Frog Club Luncheon

Purp

Personally I wouldn’t have punted either time.
It was about the percentages. What I want to know are what percentages was he evaluating? The way I assess those situations is you are giving up a TD the other way (unless we get a turnover) whether you punt or go for it. And you have a 100% chance of not scoring (unless you get a pick 6) if you don't go for it. Those are the only percentages that matter.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It was about the percentages. What I want to know are what percentages was he evaluating? The way I assess those situations is you are giving up a TD the other way (unless we get a turnover) whether you punt or go for it. And you have a 100% chance of not scoring (unless you get a pick 6) if you don't go for it. Those are the only percentages that matter.
Who was that deranged H.S. coach some years ago that never punted, always on-side kicked, went for 2 after every TD? He put together a pretty good record, if memory serves...

Probably ought to lock GMFP in a room with that guy, and a bottle of Wild Turkey.

4th. down

Who was that deranged H.S. coach some years ago that never punted, always on-side kicked, went for 2 after every TD? He put together a pretty good record, if memory serves...

Probably ought to lock GMFP in a room with that guy, and a bottle of Wild Turkey.

steelfrog

Tier 1

Deranged hell, he was good. Pulaski Academy. They snapped Highland Park's 84-game home winning streak in 2015, whooped em 40-13.

Wexahu

Coaching at Presbyterian. FCS school in South Carolina. Kevin Kelley is his name.

The TCU Football Jerk

In context he was saying people critique when we win just as much as when we lose. People need to stop stepping off the ledge on everything and sometimes not take it so seriously. One of the reasons I rarely read the game threads. Even when we win people were complaining even in a win.

People complain because its not a test just stepping on ants. The test is facing the lions and bringing them down. We are definitely not the latter.