• The KillerFrogs

Freeze has left team for personal reasons

Pharm Frog

ACroofrog said:
Now that the possibility of it being somehow connected to disciplinary reasons has entered the picture, I find it interesting that Coach P retweeted a nick Saban quote on discipline at midnight. I would post it here but not really sure how to do that. Possibly some kind of reference to this situation or could just be nothing but thought it was interesting.

If it was disciplinary reasons (or reaction to discipline), I will loudly applaud the program's willingness to confound the media.  I believe the CGP quotation was "I have no idea." followed by, "I had nothing to do with it.  It was personal.  It wasn't me."  There's just so much there that should create really cool follow-up questions with equally obscure and terse responses.  Does anyone really believe he has "no idea"???  Of course not, but he's allowed to say it and have it published with zero explanation or a "refused to discuss" follow-up.  Pure awesome and I'm usually a detractor of how CGP deals with the media.

NewFrogFan

TCaliU said:
tOSU started off without their Heisman candidate QB and a loss to VT at home and look what happened to them in the end...

Lets keep our heads up
I know it was tough for them but they just look to one of 17 guys they have for each position on the team.........BTW, anyone else impressed by Miller spin move???

GP's Step-Son

SnoSki said:
Ironic that this new angle to the story is post #420 in the thread.

It was Professor Freeze (and his girlfriend Miss Scarlet), with a baseball bat (Baylor logo, w/ Tech colors) laced with marijuana, in the dorm room.  

BankerFrog said:
Yeah guys, he dint quit "over a girl" or "because he's a quitter" he got in trouble for breaking school rules. I'm not going to say what, feel free to speculate. But bashing on the kid and calling him a quitter isn't 100% right. Just wait and see (hopefully they don't) when the facts come out before you spew a bunch of [Craig James] from your mouths. 

We've had a next man up philosophy in the past, and I don't see that changing now.

On to SFA.
For what it's worth, your revelation, true or not, just did more damage than all of the bashing combined.

gofrogs346

Had to wait for the perfect moment to post. Ha, funny coincidence though. Im close with multiple managers on the team, as well as players, and this is what I have heard from them. Not guaranteeing anything by any means though. 

gofrogs346 said:
I am a student at TCU, and it is pretty well known here that he was caught with marijuana in his dorm room for the second time. Additionally, he attempted to quit the team before the Minnesota game because he "hated the game" and "lost his drive". Does not look like he will be coming back at all. Huge loss for the Frogs, but in GP we trust. 

2nd time?  That didn't take long.

Moose Stuff

PhormerPhrog said:

2nd time?  That didn't take long.
This exact same poster just posted that Freeze was the guy who is responsible for the frat fight/beer stealing in another thread, so I think we can officially assume he's completely full of [ Finebaum ] .

maximilian

nwlafrog said:
Damnit, wait til Fubar and the other Rape Bears see this [Craig James]

They're waking up from their Taco Bell drive thru nap after realizing the In N' Out construction still hadn't started.

TheFDN

TCUdirtbag said:
I'm telling you, he felt the bright lights on Thursday, and went home to Graham on Friday. He's not the first college kid to go home on Labor Day, get outside where life is simple, see his old buddies and an old slam, remember the glory days, and hesitate to leave and go back to pressure, stress and something else that's a log way from home.

Obviously we as fans love these early enrollees. No doubt Freeze is one it paid off for in that in his 1-game career he's started all of them as a true freshman. But, I always worry a little about these guys. Starting in January lumps you in with transfers--that integration into TCU isn't ideal (T least when I was there that's what I always heard). And they miss out on a lot of rites of passage -- from finishing up the last semester of childhood in high school to starting college the normal way. Seems it might make it hard to find your place at first.

Anyways, I for one hope he comes back and we can tag this whole debacle as 18-year old hormones. I want him to be successful. On the other hand, if this isn't an aberration and is a character thing they TCU can't fix, then everyone would be better off moving on. I trust the TCU coaching staff will know the difference and the reality and that this will play out appropriately.
TCU slams > Graham slams
Amirite?