1. The KillerFrogs

Fred's at TCU

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by don, May 20, 2020.

1. if you're talking about the HR in London across from Green Park, the memorabilia is probably still the real deal. In fact, I think this is the original HR. I have guessed that all the copy cat locations are mostly fake reproductions. Could be wrong.

BrewingFrog and stbrab like this.
  2. Our office built out 3 extra private [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ters in addition to the common area ones, so it's never been an issue for the 4th floor.

3. What was the first Hard Rock Cafe?
    The first Hard Rock Cafe (HRC) opened on June 14th, 1971 at [Old Park Lane], Mayfair, London, under the ownership of two Americans, Isaac Tigrett and Peter Morton.

Paint It Purple and stbrab like this.
  4. #124 stbrab, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Actually, it is the original...the memorabilia collection started when the owner hung one of Eric Clapton’s guitars to reserve the table for him. A while later, Pete Townshend did the same...the rest is history.

Edit: If I remember correctly, it was one of Clapton's favorite bars and he gave the guitar to the owner as a gift. But the owner didn't play the guitar, so he put on the wall.

5. I'll remember that

Sweat Equity and Peacefrog like this.
  6. I do not blame Silver Fox. I would do the same.

7. I’ve got a private bathroom

[​IMG]

YA, tetonfrog, Eight and 1 other person like this.
  8. I missed that class.

9. Dined there in '84. Food was decent. The gear hanging from the walls was fabulous, though.

stbrab likes this.
  10. What's replacing R taco.

20200703_123829.jpg

Sweat Equity likes this.
  11. Failure in less than 6 months

12. I am a career vegetarian though can agree with this comment.

13. Mrs. Brewingfrog says two weeks. Tops.

Peacefrog likes this.
  14. I continue to have no reason to be on Bluebonnet Circle.

HToady likes this.
  15. I’m sure they have plenty of cash on hand to weather any storm for a couple years at least. I can’t see how opening a vegan Mexican restaurant, where a non-vegan Mexican restaurant just failed, in the middle of a pandemic, with only 50 percent capacity allowed and the highly likely potential for another complete economic shutdown looming could go wrong. I think they’ve got this.

TheFDN likes this.
  16. Hopefully they can get a 2 for 1 on restaurant license and bankruptcy filing all at the same time

Salfrog, BrewingFrog and Peacefrog like this.
  17. Pick up Mr. Gatti’s? The one by us was good when I was a kid. Don’t know about that one.

18. I applaud small business owners and those willing to take a chance to build something great. This is an interesting decision with interesting timing.

19. No longer there. It’s a vape shop.

20. [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ].

Peacefrog likes this.