• The KillerFrogs

Fred's at TCU

Paint It Purple

Same for me. Regarding the Hard Rock, the food is an afterthought. I go mainly to view the memorabilia...but it's been awhile since I went to one.
if you're talking about the HR in London across from Green Park, the memorabilia is probably still the real deal. In fact, I think this is the original HR. I have guessed that all the copy cat locations are mostly fake reproductions. Could be wrong.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
if you're talking about the HR in London across from Green Park, the memorabilia is probably still the real deal. In fact, I think this is the original HR. I have guessed that all the copy cat locations are mostly fake reproductions. Could be wrong.

What was the first Hard Rock Cafe?
The first Hard Rock Cafe (HRC) opened on June 14th, 1971 at [Old Park Lane], Mayfair, London, under the ownership of two Americans, Isaac Tigrett and Peter Morton.

stbrab

Actually, it is the original...the memorabilia collection started when the owner hung one of Eric Clapton’s guitars to reserve the table for him. A while later, Pete Townshend did the same...the rest is history.

Edit: If I remember correctly, it was one of Clapton's favorite bars and he gave the guitar to the owner as a gift. But the owner didn't play the guitar, so he put on the wall.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

No, that's in the existing space where Tom Thumb and Fresh Market were. My office is literally right above it.

He's talking about there the old motel was. It will be more retail and restaurants.

What I've been told is that Trademark would like a boutique hotel in part of that space and move Silver Fox as part of it. Silver Fox spent a significant amount of money updating their current space a few years ago and is balking. Trademark needs that footprint for more parking.

I do not blame Silver Fox. I would do the same.

HFrog1999

Our office built out 3 extra private [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ters in addition to the common area ones, so it's never been an issue for the 4th floor.

I’ve got a private bathroom

george-costanza.jpg

Spike

Imagine, for you, a class that can teach you how to better prepare your bowels to take a huge dump in a Waco toilet. Or to provide ready excuses for stopping at Waco motels and using their facilities when questioned by management. Or better techniques to clog the toilets in said facilities to provide maximum damage and inconvenience to Waco and its denizens.

That is CLE.

I missed that class.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Actually, it is the original...the memorabilia collection started when the owner hung one of Eric Clapton’s guitars to reserve the table for him. A while later, Pete Townshend did the same...the rest is history.

Edit: If I remember correctly, it was one of Clapton's favorite bars and he gave the guitar to the owner as a gift. But the owner didn't play the guitar, so he put on the wall.
Dined there in '84. Food was decent. The gear hanging from the walls was fabulous, though.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Mrs. Brewingfrog says two weeks. Tops.
I’m sure they have plenty of cash on hand to weather any storm for a couple years at least. I can’t see how opening a vegan Mexican restaurant, where a non-vegan Mexican restaurant just failed, in the middle of a pandemic, with only 50 percent capacity allowed and the highly likely potential for another complete economic shutdown looming could go wrong. I think they’ve got this.