• The KillerFrogs

Fox Sports 1 on TCU and Baylor

ifrog

Had a good segment. But they are morons. They said Baylor wins the Big 12 since they won head to head. Really? How can these networks be that clueless this late in the season? I will say that the media is pro Baylor now
And they are pumping Ohio State over both teams.

SwissArmyFrog

I flew into Columbus, Ohio today.  The OSU apparel is incredible - literally, all over the place.  If the asphalt used in the streets of Columbus, I woudn't have been surprised   :tongue:

That said, I liked the smaller town atmosphere.  Everything seemed a little slower-paced and a little more friendly than the Dallas area.  Its been a very pleasant first day.

YA

They mess up the championship of the big 12 b/c it takes more than 20 seconds to explain the reality of the conference rules. That is America in a nutshell. If the explanation takes longer then most people can handle, most tune out.

It is the dumbing down of America.

YA

SwissArmyFrog said:
I flew into Columbus, Ohio today.  The OSU apparel is incredible - literally, all over the place.  If the asphalt used in the streets of Columbus, I woudn't have been surprised   :tongue:

That said, I liked the smaller town atmosphere.  Everything seemed a little slower-paced and a little more friendly than the Dallas area.  Its been a very pleasant first day.
The city of Fort Worth is approx 5k more than rhe city of Columbus. The place isn't all that small.

Long Time Lurker

YA said:
They mess up the championship of the big 12 b/c it takes more than 20 seconds to explain the reality of the conference rules. That is America in a nutshell. If the explanation takes longer then most people can handle, most tune out.

If you can't get it in a tweet it's not worth saying, anything longer is BOOOORRRRING!!!

bear2be2

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
They are in the business to have viewers. I'm with you, I don't understand why they mess up the conference champion so bad.
They probably assume a conference that pushes the "one true champion" BS so hard actually has a tiebreaker to decide the league title. Unfortunately, they would be wrong.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
bear2be2 said:
They probably assume a conference that pushes the "one true champion" BS so hard actually has a tiebreaker to decide the league title. Unfortunately, they would be wrong.

Bro, take your constant whining back to Baylorfans.  We don't want to hear it over here.

Horny4TCU

bear2be2 said:

UCF called. They said, "The Fiesta Bowl Rings look awesome." 

Deep Purple

YA said:
The city of Fort Worth is approx 5k more than rhe city of Columbus. The place isn't all that small.

In fact, Columbus (822,000; 15th largest city) is slightly larger than Fort Worth (792,000; 17th largest city).  But probably has smaller feel because it isn't part of a much larger metropolitan area, or "metroplex," like Fort Worth.

pastorfrog

YA said:

Thanks a lot Gerald Ford.  

FrogFrog

bear2be2 said:
Matt Mosley, is that you?

JugbandFrog

Baylor won. If there are two teams with similar records and a head to head victory, they are the champions. Any rings or trophies will be forever tainted with that fact. I wouldn't want it, and I sure wouldn't celebrate it.

The rules are dumb.

Now if there were a three way tie, well...that is different.

I hate how whiny we sound when we discuss the whole conference champion thing. Sure there schedule stinks. They got blown out, but they won. We lost. It may cost us, it may not, but all we needed to do to end that diacussion was win the dang game. Hell get a couple of first downs and that game is in the bag.

ifrog

jugbandfrog said:
Baylor won. If there are two teams with similar records and a head to head victory, they are the champions. Any rings or trophies will be forever tainted with that fact. I wouldn't want it, and I sure wouldn't celebrate it.

The rules are dumb.

I hate how whiny we sound when we discuss the whole conference champion thing. Sure there schedule stinks. They got blown out, but they won. We lost. It may cost us, it may not, but all we needed to do to end that diacussion was win the dang game. Hell get a couple of first downs and that game is in the bag.
#baylorlostto5losswv

netty2424

jugbandfrog said:

The rules are dumb.

I think to say H2H is the deciding factor is absurd with two 1 loss teams. To not consider those loses is short siding both teams.

If two teams are equal and one wins by a large margin, they would probably be considered conf champs.

The other side if the coin, if one loses by a large margin of victory, wouldn't t one assume the lesser of two bad losses should he awarded conf champs?

I'm not sure how that logic is considered whining. Rather it's further evaluating the 'body of work' as deemed by the CFPSC.

I know I'm biased, but two teams are one loss teams. There are two columns, wins and losses. Evaluate both, not just wins and you'll see who the better team is.

Baylor lost to a 6-5 team by 14
TCU lost to a 9-1 team by 3.

FrogSwagSurfin

netty2424 said:
I think to say H2H is the deciding factor is absurd with two 1 loss teams. To not consider those loses is short siding both teams.

If two teams are equal and one wins by a large margin, they would probably be considered conf champs.

The other side if the coin, if one loses by a large margin of victory, wouldn't t one assume the lesser of two bad losses should he awarded conf champs?

I'm not sure how that logic is considered whining. Rather it's further evaluating the 'body of work' as deemed by the CFPSC.

I know I'm biased, but two teams are one loss teams. There are two columns, wins and losses. Evaluate both, not just wins and you'll see who the better team is.

Baylor lost to a 6-5 team by 14
TCU lost to a 9-1 team by 3.
In their house, like a FSU vs ND game with better defense's. Yes you had an insane number of yards but that means our offense is more efficient than yours.

Horny4TCU

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
In their house, like a FSU vs ND game with better defense's. Yes you had an insane number of yards but that means our offense is more efficient than yours.

OR our Defense is that much better, and we got red zone stops and take aways. I believe we had three take aways.