• The KillerFrogs

Fox 4: TCU celebrates first graduating class of its medical school

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU celebrates first graduating class of its medical school​

By Dionne Anglin

FORT WORTH, Texas - TCU's new medical school reached a major milestone with the graduation of its first class of doctors.

Dozens of new grads participated in their hooding ceremony Friday ahead of walking in Saturday’s graduation.

There were 52 eager, excited, and unprecedented TCU physician candidates who made their way to the stage at the Van Cliburn Concert Hall as the first ever graduating class of TCU’s Burnett School of Medicine.

Read more at https://www.fox4news.com/news/tcu-medical-school-first-graduating-class

Virginia Frog

"Proud families witnessed the hooding ceremony, like Dilan Shah’s parents and sister, who recalled challenges he faced on his journey to becoming a psychiatrist."

I hope Dilan becomes a Kf.c regular - At times here we NEED a psychiatrist:).

Congrats to the 52 new Frog docs.

froginaustin

"Proud families witnessed the hooding ceremony, like Dilan Shah’s parents and sister, who recalled challenges he faced on his journey to becoming a psychiatrist."

I hope Dilan becomes a Kf.c regular - At times here we NEED a psychiatrist:).

Congrats to the 52 new Frog docs.

You realize that all psychiatrists and clinical psychologists are crazy . . .

that's the reason they're drawn to that sort of field.

Do we need another crazy person on this board?

JkJk

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Got to see my son receive his MD hood this weekend in Tampa. No small feat, and he financed it all himself. Very proud to be his dad. Congrats to the inaugural TCU class!
That's impressive! A kid I know joked to me, after doing that same thing, "You know what that MD stands for, right?"
"Well, I thought I did. What is it?"
"Massive. Debt."

Brog

11 AM Sunday morning. Church services everywhere. TCU graduating exercises means loud, repeated fireworks. Loud. Repeated. 11 AM Sunday morning. Texas CHRISTIAN university.

Chieves

11 AM Sunday morning. Church services everywhere. TCU graduating exercises means loud, repeated fireworks. Loud. Repeated. 11 AM Sunday morning. Texas CHRISTIAN university.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Frog79

That's impressive! A kid I know joked to me, after doing that same thing, "You know what that MD stands for, right?"
"Well, I thought I did. What is it?"
"Massive. Debt."
I was so lucky. I went to UT Southwestern medical school in the late 70s and paid $300 per semester for tuition. Needless to say tuition rapidly escalated in the following years. I managed to get out of school with no debt thanks to an athletic scholarship at TCU and the low tuition at Southwestern.