• The KillerFrogs

Fox 19: Bearcats make historic rise in College Football Playoff rankings

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Fox 19: Bearcats make historic rise in College Football Playoff rankings

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - The Cincinnati Bearcats (11-0) are in the top four of the College Football Playoff rankings for the first time.

UC comes in at No. 4—one spot ahead of last week—in the fourth CFP rankings announced Tuesday night. Full rankings below.

It’s the highest-ever ranking for a so-called “Group of Five” team in the playoff era.

If the season ended today, the Bearcats would face Georgia on Dec. 31.

Read more at https://www.fox19.com/2021/11/23/bearcats-make-historic-rise-college-football-playoff-rankings/

Zubaz

We will see. I disagree. But there is no way a 2-loss team that just lost their CCG stays ahead of them. Zero chance. Alabama for instance.
Agreed, Alabama loses and they're out.
They should be rooting very hard for Georgia. 1-loss Georgia who lost the SEC title game would almost definitely be in over Cinci, as would 1-loss SEC champ Alabama.

Wexahu

Agreed, Alabama loses and they're out.
They should be rooting very hard for Georgia. 1-loss Georgia who lost the SEC title game would almost definitely be in over Cinci, as would 1-loss SEC champ Alabama.
Sure. But if Alabama beats Georgia there’s a very real chance Cincy is still in with OSU and Georgia.

OmniscienceFrog

Sure. But if Alabama beats Georgia there’s a very real chance Cincy is still in with OSU and Georgia.
Most likely Cincy will have tp lose to get knocked out of it now. Only way they could get knocked out of it at this point is if they lose one or look very unimpressive in one of their remaining two games AND Alabama beats Auburn, then Georgia in the SEC championship AND Ohio St or Michigan wins the Big10 championship AND Oklahoma beats Oklahoma St twice.

I could certainly see a 13-0 Cincy with an ugly win in the next two weeks being placed behind 12-1 Georgia, 12-1 Alabama, 12-1 Ohio St or Michigan and 12-1 Oklahoma in that scenario. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

ShreveFrog

If Okie State beats OU and Baylor again, won’t they have argument? Only loss is a tight game at Ames. If Bama loses the ccg, I could see Pokes getting in.

Last edited: