• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth Magazine: TCU Reveals Next 150th Mural Honoring NBA Star Desmond Bane ‘20

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Fort Worth Magazine: TCU Reveals Next 150th Mural Honoring NBA Star Desmond Bane ‘20

BY FWTX STAFF

Screen%20Shot%202023-03-23%20at%208.27.37%20AM.png

The latest Horned Frog alum to be honored with a mural to celebrate TCU’s 150th anniversary will feature NBA player Desmond Bane ’20.

Besides being a guard for the Memphis Grizzlies, Bane is also known as an enthusiastic youth advocate, an endeavor he credits to TCU. Today, he participates in basketball camps, backpack drives, and other opportunities using his platform as a professional athlete to inspire and motivate kids, according to a release.

“I chose youth advocacy as a major because of my love for my community and my love for kids who are in the same position that I was in growing up,” Bane says, who was raised in Richmond, Indiana, with a population of around 30,000. “I didn’t get a chance to see too many people playing Division I basketball, playing in the NBA, and doing successful things outside of high school. I wanted to be that light and guidance for them — something that I wish that I had when I was growing up — to help them reach their dreams and goals.”

Read more at https://fwtx.com/news/tcu-reveals-next-150th-mural-honoring-nba-star-desmond-bane-/