• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth - 1883 on Paramount

Toad Jones

Sir, they are already here in the thousands. Wife has been in the high end homes construction for 30 or so years and presently they hv fifteen contracts to be built, all from Cali. Recently an influx of people from Chicago are pouring in to D/Ft.Worth. Getting away from the high crime rate in Chicago. Just last week one said to them, and I quote, you have no idea what a relief it is to drive a car on any street and not bein robbed or killed. And people here actually speak to you in a friendly manner here and mean it! This is wonderful! close quote. Our country has recently turned into a pitiful place and add covid, no need to go on, you know what our citizens are saying!
Talk about Cali people. Where I live you never saw a Contac car, Ferrari. Maserati to California women are like the Lexus type here. Drove thru the Chick last week and its mile long waiting line to find three Maserati waiting in line also. This is good and its bad because the crime rate will most likely go up as the criminals follow the money. Here we have an increase from people wanting to come to the safe, friendly zone of Texas and people in the safe zone are moving to secondary homes in outlaying areas to get away from the people moving in. Good friend is an investor of large tracks of land to be broken up into 30 - 40- 50 acre tracks. Last year sales went thru the roof with 300 million in sales. This year it hit close to 650 million in sales. Every aspect is moving so fast its hard to print business cards because of business ventures here. Florida, Wyom, Montana, and Idaho. Mostly to be honest, its those states and places controlled by different political parties and beliefs are held. That ought to say something to the cliff hangers who are undecided politically.

OmniscienceFrog

there is no Nicole Sheridan - she does not use Taylor's name and never has - she still goes by Muirbrook since she was a successful model before they ever married.

And she is in those pics - so guessing you have not actually ever seen her. For instance, that is her with GP and Kelsey in the picture with only three people in it.
Sorry, it was a joke. Didn't land with you I suppose.

HToady

Sir, they are already here in the thousands. Wife has been in the high end homes construction for 30 or so years and presently they hv fifteen contracts to be built, all from Cali. Recently an influx of people from Chicago are pouring in to D/Ft.Worth. Getting away from the high crime rate in Chicago. Just last week one said to them, and I quote, you have no idea what a relief it is to drive a car on any street and not bein robbed or killed. And people here actually speak to you in a friendly manner here and mean it! This is wonderful! close quote. Our country has recently turned into a pitiful place and add covid, no need to go on, you know what our citizens are saying!
Your wife needs to tell those people that when they come in to sign their contracts, they must be wearing starched Wrangler jeans, Lucchese boots, and a JD Stetson hat or NO DEAL....

Toad Jones

The larger family tree/bush includes Marions, Burnetts, Waggoners, and Tandys. Extremely deep Fort Worth ties that also cross many paths at TCU.
Would it something to gather those men and just listen to what they're saying. I think they would be ashamed of us and how we have diminished their struggles in established their empires. and our country.

Toad Jones

Give it time Doc to develop the characters and environment of those days to the screen. I do believe their will be a third series before long*. How I wish I could bring back Edna (Eddie to most) Brite* and listen to her story again. She was a little girl in a covered wagon as her family fought Apaches multiple times, Mexican bandits every other day for two years as her Dad sought good land in SW Texas to settle. Then years later she had to content with that no good for nothing murderer and thief Poncho Villa stealing cattle and horses,. Simply amazing how those early pioneers made it.

* maybe something along the lines of Longmire except with a character of the TX Rangers.
* If the name Brite sounds familiar no surprise b/c she gave millions to TCU and is the founder of Brite Divinity College. She stood 4'9" but the kindest, most loving lady, who was btw, one tough lady.. I asked her. . one time if she had to kill another person in those early days. Her answer speaks of the understated Texas heritage even today saying, I won't go into that paused and said only if I had to. and walked away w/o a word. She had just attended church service ten minutes before. She was in her nineties about that time. The Brites and the Kleburg's were very good friends and together developed some of the best bred horses in the world. Because of her influence the Kleburg's sent many of their children to TCU. Do you know who the Kleberg's are? The King Ranch folks.

In her gentle way, she said to me, NEVER ask a fellow Texan how many acres they own because it would embarrass them and it sounded like they were braggin". BTW that still stands today with many old Texan ranchers.

Last edited:

Eight

why is it that the oldest daughter is the only one in the family who speaks with an accent?

wife kept asking if she was supposed to have a lisp

she also asked about the white elephant, but i thought the elephant didn't open until close to 1900.

Prime BEEF

why is it that the oldest daughter is the only one in the family who speaks with an accent?

wife kept asking if she was supposed to have a lisp

she also asked about the white elephant, but i thought the elephant didn't open until close to 1900.
Opened as a restaurant in 1884 and turned into a saloon in 1885