• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth - 1883 on Paramount

Eight

Name something better..
There's not... Definitely some issues with it... But for non-sports, what else are yall watching? The Bachelor? Sheridan loves Texas and the horse... and he glorifies the toughness of Fw... I'm in till there is something better.

old versions of top gear, a book, seriously my wife who watches greys and that horrific firefighter show has come to see yellowstone is processed dog [ Finebaum ] and should be on a network it has become so bad

john dutton is basically immortal because if you go down the list of [ Finebaum ] he has had happen to himself in just 3 1/2 seasons the average man would have been dead long ago

Pharm Frog

you watching the same season as me and if i see one more cutaway to jimmy on the scheissing 6666's simply because sheridan wants to sell more gear and try to spin that damn thing off

While the incessant promotion of 1883 in and around YS borders on oppressive, I really can’t blame them for that. YS is played out and I hope they shifted their best writers over to a spinoff because it would be a waste at this time on YS in my opinion. The whole “Who shot John Dutton?” story is answered by design and the defining issue among the people I know who loved the show is this….they don’t care. Big mistake to go “all in” on Beth as well. Her character was far more interesting and entertaining in small doses. I think they realize this and have tried to rehabilitate her in a couple of scenes this week but pretty sure its burned. I know its burned for my father and my FIL who have abandoned.

Eight

While the incessant promotion of 1883 in and around YS borders on oppressive, I really can’t blame them for that. YS is played out and I hope they shifted their best writers over to a spinoff because it would be a waste at this time on YS in my opinion. The whole “Who shot John Dutton?” story is answered by design and the defining issue among the people I know who loved the show is this….they don’t care. Big mistake to go “all in” on Beth as well. Her character was far more interesting and entertaining in small doses. I think they realize this and have tried to rehabilitate her in a couple of scenes this week but pretty sure its burned. I know its burned for my father and my FIL who have abandoned.

so they didn't win you back at the start of season 4 with the tom reagan of millers crossing strategical move of only moving to market equities so beth could take revenge on her old boss and save the ranch?

if they let 1883 play out in a manner of say lonesome dove where the true story of the times is more than enough i think they have a chance, but if they start creating [ Finebaum ] or changing historical context i have no interest in contrived [ Finebaum ] when real life stories are compelling enough

netty2424

Looks like Anne Windfohr Marion, born Anne Valliant Burnett Hall was the owner of the 6666 ranch. She passed away in February 2020, and the 3 6666 ranches went up for sale for $341mil.

The Yellowstone Creators Group purchased the 6666 ranch. So y’all are probably both correct in the Sheraton is probably a Paramount exec/shareholder at this point, therefore at least part owner in the ranch.
“Sheridan is the face of the buyer group the new owners plan to continue running the working ranch and to offer employment to all employees. It’s all one deal, 266,000 acres with all three ranches . . . cattle, horses, equipment, furniture, brand, name, everything.”

Anne Windfohr Marion lived in the Westover Hills neighborhood of Fort Worth, Texas, in a 19,000 square-foot modernist home on Shady Oaks Lane. She was also part of the Tandy family through the marriage of her mom and Charles Tandy.

Looks like Anne Windfohr Marion, born Anne Valliant Burnett Hall was the owner of the 6666 ranch. She passed away in February 2020, and the 3 6666 ranches went up for sale for $341mil.

The Yellowstone Creators Group purchased the 6666 ranch. So y’all are probably both correct in the Sheraton is probably a Paramount exec/shareholder at this point, therefore at least part owner in the ranch.
“Sheridan is the face of the buyer group the new owners plan to continue running the working ranch and to offer employment to all employees. It’s all one deal, 266,000 acres with all three ranches . . . cattle, horses, equipment, furniture, brand, name, everything.”

Anne Windfohr Marion lived in the Westover Hills neighborhood of Fort Worth, Texas, in a 19,000 square-foot modernist home on Shady Oaks Lane. She was also part of the Tandy family through the marriage of her mom and Charles Tandy.

I believe the origins of that ranch were from Burk Burnett, so there’s a TCU tie there — Mary Couts Burnett.

Toad Jones

Sheraton didnt buy 6666 Ranch, Paramount did
Googled 6666 ranch and two articles came up.
"As per The Texas Spur, Taylor Sheridan is the new owner of the legendary 6666 Ranch. Western film maker Sheridan has hit the jackpot- he can now shoot whatever he likes on the 266,000 property."

Another article goes into a little more depth on the purchase concerning mineral rights, wind power, oil and so forth. Paramount has nothing to do with Yellowstone as it is only the distributor who paid large sums of money to Sheridan's bunch who own the show Yellowstone for distributor's rights. Normally large studios don't buy large properties of real estate as it is easier to lease or rent with tax advantages. In the old days studios had vast holdings of sets, props, equip and so forth, today they bid everything out, rent everything, meaning everything like table napkins, clothes, table lamps etc.. It's a fascinating business with vast amounts of profits to be had but cut throat to the extreme. For the actors, if you have a hit, the residuals 'meaning to the actor" being picked-up and redistributed years later, can be a slot machine of money. For instance, the comedy hit Jerry Steinfeld can be seen everyday on any tv station in America. Steinfeld's residuals to Jerry garners him a slot machine and a half. Most likely a whole warehouse of slot machines paying him about 60 million a year.
Sheraton didnt buy 6666 Ranch, Paramount did

Last edited:

FrogBall09

Mrs Anne was a Burnett - more like the Tandy's married into her family than the other way around to be honest, even if she was the "wife"

My grandfather knew her family pretty well growing up and she was a really well loved woman around the westside.

I was told a while back that Taylor is mostly the front man for his name and while he has some money invested - he is backed by some guys that have real money. And that it is finally closed but as we could all imagine - a deal of that size with all the different level of rights involved across multiple properties that fall within the name "6666" was extremely complicated and took a while to finalize.

FrogBall09

i just hope that all this renewed fascination with all things "cowboy", doesn't start another influx of Californians moving here.....
too late - but it is worse in the northern rockies - not sure if there are more Montana plates on cars in Cali or the reverse

FrogBall09

I've seen Nicole Sheridan and she's not in any of those pictures. :oops::cool:
there is no Nicole Sheridan - she does not use Taylor's name and never has - she still goes by Muirbrook since she was a successful model before they ever married.

And she is in those pics - so guessing you have not actually ever seen her. For instance, that is her with GP and Kelsey in the picture with only three people in it.

Toad Jones

i just hope that all this renewed fascination with all things "cowboy", doesn't start another influx of Californians moving here.....
Sir, they are already here in the thousands. Wife has been in the high end homes construction for 30 or so years and presently they hv fifteen contracts to be built, all from Cali. Recently an influx of people from Chicago are pouring in to D/Ft.Worth. Getting away from the high crime rate in Chicago. Just last week one said to them, and I quote, you have no idea what a relief it is to drive a car on any street and not bein robbed or killed. And people here actually speak to you in a friendly manner here and mean it! This is wonderful! close quote. Our country has recently turned into a pitiful place and add covid, no need to go on, you know what our citizens are saying!