• The KillerFrogs

Fort Collins Hotels

Meanie 23

Hey all! My wife and I are planning on going to the TCU vs. CSU game in Fort Collins. Do any of y'all know any hotels near the stadium, or any nice hotels in the area? Also, do students get discounted tickets to away games? I'll be attending TCU this fall. Thanks in advance!

AUFrog

QUOTE(Meanie @ Apr 28 2010, 10:33 PM) [snapback]552029[/snapback]
Hey all! My wife and I are planning on going to the TCU vs. CSU game in Fort Collins. Do any of y'all know any hotels near the stadium, or any nice hotels in the area? Also, do students get discounted tickets to away games? I'll be attending TCU this fall. Thanks in advance!

I don't know of any cool hotels (have stayed at Hilton on West Prospect and it was fine but nothing great/unique). Fort Collins is a pretty cool town and I've heard Odell Brewery & New Belgium Brewery have cool tours. Probably some others who can help more but hope this helps.

Meanie 23

We were thinking of staying Friday night in Denver, and Saturday night in FC due to the possibilty of tailgaiting pre-game. We've heard good things abou the Hilton near CSU. Any one else planning a trip to the game?

SnoSki

QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Apr 28 2010, 10:38 PM) [snapback]552032[/snapback]
I'd just stay in Denver...probably flying in/out of there anyway, correct? Not a whole lot in FC.

Not true.. I had a chance to go to the game 2 years ago, and Ft Collins is a neat little town. Not to mention that the New Belgium Brewery is there as well (they make Fat Tire).

Good tailgating scene there as well!

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 28 2010, 07:44 PM) [snapback]552110[/snapback]
Not true.. I had a chance to go to the game 2 years ago, and Ft Collins is a neat little town. Not to mention that the New Belgium Brewery is there as well (they make Fat Tire).

Good tailgating scene there as well!

I guess our definitions of "neat" are a little different.

I'll be staying with my old neighbor. He went to CSU. Moved back to FC a year and a half ago. We made a pact that he'd come down here when the Lambs played in Fort Worth and I'd go up there when we played in FC. He's the one that saved me in Denver when my plane broke down and I missed the bowl game that shall not be named. He picked me up and we went straight to the bar. I drank so much that the full impact of the ball game that shall not be named didn't hit until the next day.

JimSwinkLives!

QUOTE(Meanie @ Apr 28 2010, 05:33 PM) [snapback]552029[/snapback]

I would encourage you to look at The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. Estes is a mountain resort town, about a 40 minute drive west of Fort Collins. The Stanley is also the hotel that served as Stephen King's inspiration for The Shining.

froginaustin

QUOTE(JimSwinkLives! @ Apr 29 2010, 07:38 AM) [snapback]552280[/snapback]
I would encourage you to look at The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. Estes is a mountain resort town, about a 40 minute drive west of Fort Collins. The Stanley is also the hotel that served as Stephen King's inspiration for The Shining.

Estes Park is wonderful if you like outdoor activities or just looking at mountains. But I would hate to drive to Estes from FC at night, after an afternoon of tailgating and football-watching and related activity. The highway in is challenging enough under ideal conditions.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(tarfrog @ Apr 29 2010, 09:39 AM) [snapback]552319[/snapback]
I am surprised that South Texas Frog would be allowed back in Denver. After all he did lunch money a SMU grad.

HATE

Dogfrog

QUOTE(froginaustin @ Apr 29 2010, 09:52 AM) [snapback]552334[/snapback]
Estes Park is wonderful if you like outdoor activities or just looking at mountains. But I would hate to drive to Estes from FC at night, after an afternoon of tailgating and football-watching and related activity. The highway in is challenging enough under ideal conditions.

Agreed, thing to do is stay in EP prior to the game. Go Denver to EP first day, then drive to FC morning of the game. It's about 40 miles and very winding drive that takes a little over an hour.

Meanie 23

Yeah, I've started to consider Estes Park since it's more "in the mountains". I have a slight obsession with hiking in mountainous areas. :) However, as mentioned previously, the drive there after the game might not be the best thing. Still not sure, but I guess we have plenty of time to decide.

South Texas Frog

We flew to Denver on Friday night and drove to Laramie last year...didn't want to chance not making it for noon kickoff on Saturday. Drove back to Denver after the game and hilarity ensued.

tarfrog

QUOTE(froginaustin @ Apr 29 2010, 02:40 PM) [snapback]552760[/snapback]
Who is hilarity?

Hilarity is a person one becomes after drinking the Green Fairy. Hilarity is a person who shows great hate towards SMU fans in fine dining steak houses. Hilarity will slap the man of any SMU Women talking trash towards TCU. Hilarity has no standards when it comes to Moutain Women.

froginaustin

QUOTE(tarfrog @ Apr 29 2010, 02:58 PM) [snapback]552782[/snapback]
Hilarity is a person one becomes after drinking the Green Fairy. Hilarity is a person who shows great hate towards SMU fans in fine dining steak houses. Hilarity will slap the man of any SMU Women talking trash towards TCU. Hilarity has no standards when it comes to Moutain Women.

:biggrin:
Thanks for the explanation.