• The KillerFrogs

Former TCU player in NBA history last night

JogginFrog

Just caught the clip of the record-breaking moment. I like how the color guy pointed out how tough Kenrich was playing him. "Made him earn it." When you're going to be part of another guy's iconic moment, that's the way to go.

A testament to high-level talent, consistency, health, and getting an early start. LeBron had a fantastic stat line for the game: 38 points on 13/20 shooting, 8/10 from the line and 4/6 from deep. Not a guy creeping over the goal line. It's worth noting that LeBron accomplished the scoring record while also being fourth on the NBA career assists list. (Would take another 700 games for him to catch Stockton, though.)

It's his moment, and he can celebrate it how he wants. What stood out to me was that he didn't immediately go to Kareem to share the moment with him. I don't follow the NBA but that moment suggested they didn't have a good relationship. And a Google search proves that to be the case.

Kareem's substack post addressing their lack of relationship is worth a read.

Also worth noting is that Jabbar had 2,325 points in his college career--I hope and expect that LeBron will put up at least that many additional points in his NBA career. Greatness.

Frog-in-law1995

LeBron always had the 3 pt line. Lew Alcindor only had 1 in his entire career.

Kareem played with a three point line for a decade. What he didn’t play with are refs who would call a foul for breathing on a star player.

Edit: that said, both are still all-timers. I’ve never been a LeBron fan and would love to find a way to knock him out of my all time starting 5 (with Duncan or Malone) but just can’t.

FTR: 5-Kareem, 4-Bronny, 3-Bird, 2-Jordan, 1-Kobe. Yes, I know Kobe’s really a 2 and I should have Magic (or Oscar) there. Never saw Little O and think the world of Magic, but I can’t drop Jordan and Kobe was a scheissing stone cold killer.

Last edited:

tcudoc

My all time top 10 best NBA players:
Jordan
Bird
Magic
Dr J
Maravich
Abdul Jabbar
Kobe
Gervin (Iceman)
Bill Russell
Chamberlain
Number 11 might be Lebron, though I would probably still put Olajuwon and David Robinson ahead. May have something to do with the fact that I haven’t paid much attention to the NBA in the past twenty years and the fact that I think Lebron likely stands against everything that I look for to admire in an athlete. No loyalty. No humility. Only in it for himself. Perhaps there are some on my list who were also that way, but they didn’t have Twitter accounts proving it constantly.

Last edited:

FrogCop19

My all time top 10 best NBA players:
Jordan
Bird
Magic
Dr J
Maravich
Abdul Jabbar
Kobe
Gervin (Iceman)
Bill Russell
Chamberlain
Number 11 might be Lebron, though I would probably still put Olajuwon and David Robinson ahead. May have something to do with the fact that I haven’t paid much attention to the NBA in the past twenty years and the fact that I think Lebron likely stands against everything that I look for to admire in an athlete. No loyalty. No humility. Only in it for himself. Perhaps there are some on my list who were also that way, but they didn’t have Twitter accounts proving it constantly.
That's a damn good list.

61 years ago today, in 1962, Wilt the Stilt scored 100. He was a career 51% free throw shooter and at his best on the line that season at 61%.

But on that day, he made 28 of 32 free throws, 87.5%! Also 25 rebounds and 36 of 63 shooting. Played all 48 minutes.

Virginia Frog

61 years ago today, in 1962, Wilt the Stilt scored 100. He was a career 51% free throw shooter and at his best on the line that season at 61%.

But on that day, he made 28 of 32 free throws, 87.5%! Also 25 rebounds and 36 of 63 shooting. Played all 48 minutes.
I'd like to celebrate the date that ole Wilt bedded his 25 thousandith lady...that's what HE bragged in his later years. (BTW, the math doesn't work for his claim.):)

I was always a Wilt Man vs Bill Russell when it was the '76ers vs the Celts back in the '60s. Both were GREAT!!!