• The KillerFrogs

Former Players - Your Thoughts

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Brewing, believe we are now at that point, he has to go. No more bandaids, when major surgery is required. Bleed Purple or bleed out, we keep waiting for something good to happen that Kill or anyone else will bring to the table to turn this program around and by that time, we will be bled out.
I had hopes that Kill would contribute quickly in easily visible things, such as team unity, esprit de corps, overall poise, etc. These are the things he has been known for instilling in his past career stops. Instead, all of those measures have fallen.

From my standpoint, four whole games into the season, the Kill hire was a worthless failure.

We still have the Derp twins screwing up the shambles that is the offense. None of their abilities, schemes, evaluations, or predilections have altered a whit. If anything, they have gotten worse.

The kids were beaten coming out of the tunnel. you could see it in their body language. You could see it in their eyes. The coaches have lost this team.

Out of sheer respect, and in gratitude for where he has brought us, I still refuse to countenance marching GMFP to the gallows. But, but, playtime is over. Ray Charles can see that our direction is headed down, with an anvil. This season is a goner already. We may win at Rape U., but from there on out? We're looking at a sparkling 3 wins. Tops. And I'm lumping Kansas in the win column, which is dangerous...

The insular, introvert that is our Head Football Coach needs to let us know what the hell he's thinking, keeping those two morons (Sonny and Meach) on the payroll. They have certainly shown us little to justify a paycheck so far this season. Why? What has he seen that we dullards are missing?

4th. down

I had hopes that Kill would contribute quickly in easily visible things, such as team unity, esprit de corps, overall poise, etc. These are the things he has been known for instilling in his past career stops. Instead, all of those measures have fallen.

From my standpoint, four whole games into the season, the Kill hire was a worthless failure.

We still have the Derp twins screwing up the shambles that is the offense. None of their abilities, schemes, evaluations, or predilections have altered a whit. If anything, they have gotten worse.

The kids were beaten coming out of the tunnel. you could see it in their body language. You could see it in their eyes. The coaches have lost this team.

Out of sheer respect, and in gratitude for where he has brought us, I still refuse to countenance marching GMFP to the gallows. But, but, playtime is over. Ray Charles can see that our direction is headed down, with an anvil. This season is a goner already. We may win at Rape U., but from there on out? We're looking at a sparkling 3 wins. Tops. And I'm lumping Kansas in the win column, which is dangerous...

The insular, introvert that is our Head Football Coach needs to let us know what the hell he's thinking, keeping those two morons (Sonny and Meach) on the payroll. They have certainly shown us little to justify a paycheck so far this season. Why? What has he seen that we dullards are missing?

IMO, what you say is right and by any reasonable Frog, cannot be denied or whitewashed.

You are what your record says you are. Now, more than ever, the Boykin, Green, Bee, and Doctson 2 years now make it evident that those were outlier years, not the norm or what we should expect going forward. You would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to think this program will pole vault into the playoffs as one of the top 4 teams at any reasonable time in the future. It reminds me of kinda like filing for a divorce, frustrating and painful, but you know that you have to pull the trigger and the sooner, the better.

Horny4TCU

He was my position coach when I first started. Good guy, I think his style is better suited for a receivers or RB coach than DL or OL coach. It's not that he doesn't know what he is doing, but just his demeanor and coaching method is a little bit more laid back and analytical rather than the tough IN YOUR FACE GET AFTER IT style of coach.
He may be a good guy, but we see what he does when he coaches the OL... not much. Then when he was the inside receivers coach, I think that groups had the most drops I have ever seen... Not sure good guy merits a coaching position. But I don't know him like you, so if anything would you agree he should probably be given a recruiting position and stay away from coaching a unit?

CountryFrog

FWIW, I was told by a former player that Anderson probably knows more about football than anyone else on the staff. Not exactly sure what that meant, but I think it was strategies, techniques, etc. And I know that doesn’t really make someone a good coach, but he’s not some idiot that has no clue what he’s doing.
This doesn't mean a thing. I know more about football than anyone else on this board but I'm still a scheissing idiot and have no clue what I'm doing.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
IMO, what you say is right and by any reasonable Frog, cannot be denied or whitewashed.

You are what your record says you are. Now, more than ever, the Boykin, Green, Bee, and Doctson 2 years now make it evident that those were outlier years, not the norm or what we should expect going forward. You would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to think this program will pole vault into the playoffs as one of the top 4 teams at any reasonable time in the future. It reminds me of kinda like filing for a divorce, frustrating and painful, but you know that you have to pull the trigger and the sooner, the better.
There are a few games yet to go this season. While big postseason things are no longer possible, some good things may yet blossom. Phoenix, ashes, all that...

I won't link the Wagner until the season is done.

2themax

agree with wex as meacham is the guy calling the plays and yet he isn't using formations and play calls that protect max, make the most of what this offense can do, and reduce the pressure off the offensive line

your comment is akin to saying gary isn't accountable for the offensive problems because he primarily works with the offense. if anyone can make a change in the offensive play calling it is meacham just as gary is the guy who can make staff changes
I'm in agreement with questionable coaching, but firing them is a bit strong.
My point is for Patterson to bend Meach's ear in regards to working with what he has.
This is a team where the majority of its potential is very young.
Obviously we're expecting too much too fast.

DubaiFrog

FWIW, I was told by a former player that Anderson probably knows more about football than anyone else on the staff. Not exactly sure what that meant, but I think it was strategies, techniques, etc. And I know that doesn’t really make someone a good coach, but he’s not some idiot that has no clue what he’s doing..

Wasn't he demoted to an offensive analyst when we originally brought on M&C in 2014? Honestly might have been the best fit for him, if he's a great X & Os guy stick him in the film room and never let him out.

wilson912

I loved the quote from Dave Aranda when asked to describe TCU’s offense. He described it as something like “they do a little bit of this and a little bit of that”. Perfect!