• The KillerFrogs

Former Houston OL alleges Dana Holgorsen asked seniors to redshirt after 1-3 start

Billy Clyde

Saw this guys long twitter feed last night..He was getting bombed in a he comments

That's always gonna be the immediate response to someone who "goes against the family." Never mind he may be telling the truth. If it is true, seems like a pretty bad sign for Holgo, to be giving up on his first season. This ain't MLB or NBA where you can tank to stockpile draft picks and your fans will tolerate it.

Eight

So Holgo is smart?

if it works, houston has a number of transfer who are having to sit out this year so keeping the seniors on paper makes sense.

things don't always work out as planned and houston isn't exactly hitting all the local high schools hard like mensa or applewhite trying to sell the miami model.

looks like dana is going to try the transfer, juco, mixed with some high schoolers that he did at wvu and that never really hit big for him.

Eight

That's always gonna be the immediate response to someone who "goes against the family." Never mind he may be telling the truth. If it is true, seems like a pretty bad sign for Holgo, to be giving up on his first season. This ain't MLB or NBA where you can tank to stockpile draft picks and your fans will tolerate it.

the only person at uh that matters is fertitta and for right now he is all in on dana unless holgerson makes some comment about hong kong

Chongo94

Kid may be right about how it’s going down but he comes across as arrogant and entitled with an axe to burn. If I remember correctly, many Tech fans were somewhat happy to see him go.

Edit: he also medically “retired” from Tech back in 2016 for reasons that Kingsbury could apparently only guess at as injuries. And now he’s talking about UH and injuries? A two time graduate transfer after medically retiring once already? Interesting.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/2...ineman-justin-murphy-to-retire-from-football/

Last edited:

Billy Clyde

Checked on their 2020 sched, they are at Wazzou and at BYU so could easily go 2-2 to begin the year. If that happens, wonder how quickly the give up mentality resurfaces. . . OTOH, those are also both winnable games, which would put them 4-0 before conference, and their conference is not exactly murderer's row. Guess he's going all in on next year.

Edit- their other two games to open are Rice and University of North Texas.

Eight

Well, after Fertitta threw Morey under the bus the other day, all things Coog high can suck it. Can’t believe that asshat owns DF and DF Grille now.

won't eat at one of his restaurants and most of the people i know who have done some type of work for him have ended up getting screwed in one fashion or another.

morey gets a bit full of himself at times, but he has done a great job keeping the rockets relevant throughout his tenure. i would suggest he keep the resume up to date because i can see him taking a bullet if the westbrook/hardin marriage doesn't work

DeuceBoogieNights

So Holgo is smart?

How is it smart? This isnt the NFL. They don't get a high draft pick next year. The more you lose the harder it is to recruit and he is already at a disadvantage at Houston. Players aren't gaining experience by not playing. It may pay off I guess, but I think its dumb and I would be furious if I was a senior.

WhatTheFrog

Regardless of the optics in this particular situation, I don't see the problem with it. Like someone before said, as long as there was no "additional pressure or incentive" for these guys to take the redshirt, it's their lives and prerogatives. They can do as they please. They likely aren't going pro, anyway.

Horny4TCU

Wish we could redshirt some seniors... Too bad our injury bug probably means everyone has redshirted at one point on our team...

Eight

How is it smart? This isnt the NFL. They don't get a high draft pick next year. The more you lose the harder it is to recruit and he is already at a disadvantage at Houston. Players aren't gaining experience by not playing. It may pay off I guess, but I think its dumb and I would be furious if I was a senior.

dana has a number of transfers sitting out this season so on paper they will be better