• The KillerFrogs

For those who think NBA doesn't hate Mavs

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Alamo_Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 02:36 PM) [snapback]553400[/snapback]
Good point. I should have clarified that I was referring to fallaway jumpers. I watch the Spurs all the time and don't see him doing that very often. I would certainly say he is an excellent 'actor', but generally not brough on by just falling backwards on jump shots.

You must be high as balls when you watch them then! I bet if you sampled 100 NBA fans that weren't fans of either teams the majority would say Ginobili was the worst.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Alamo_Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:04 PM) [snapback]553436[/snapback]
Would those same 100 also say the Mavs consistently choke in the playoffs?

In every year but 2006, the year that exposed the NBA as a farce. And the year the "great" Spurs couldn't win a seventh game at home against what you call a loser. :laugh:

Alamo_Frog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 30 2010, 08:11 PM) [snapback]553449[/snapback]
In every year but 2006, the year that exposed the NBA as a farce. And the year the "great" Spurs couldn't win a seventh game at home against what you call a loser. :laugh:

Glad you could point to an exception.
The Mavs certainly won that year...and last year.
Bet those 100 people would all agree which is the 'greater' franchise.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Alamo_Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:04 PM) [snapback]553436[/snapback]
Would those same 100 also say the Mavs consistently choke in the playoffs?

Quite possibly, even likely.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Alamo_Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:14 PM) [snapback]553453[/snapback]
Glad you could point to an exception.
The Mavs certainly won that year...and last year.
Bet those 100 people would all agree which is the 'greater' franchise.

Not saying four rings is a lesser franchise.
In fact, until the past two days I was happy I rooted for SA and Rockets to win those six collected championships.
I will now lump NBA with college football - never, ever again will I root for a Texas team.

[SIZE=36pt]Go LA![/SIZE]

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 30 2010, 02:16 PM) [snapback]553456[/snapback]
In fact, until the past two days I was happy I rooted for SA and Rockets to win those six collected championships.
I will now lump NBA with college football - never, ever again will I root for a Texas team.

[SIZE=36pt]Go LA![/SIZE]

Even TEXAS Christian University?

713frog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 30 2010, 03:16 PM) [snapback]553456[/snapback]

[SIZE=36pt]Go LA![/SIZE]

I'll root for a Texas team...after we beat them in the regular season

Houston Frog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 30 2010, 03:16 PM) [snapback]553456[/snapback]

Well, there was no reason not to root for Houston when they won their 2 titles, there was nothing unlikeable about the players, the coach, the owner, or that great (clutch) city.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:21 PM) [snapback]553463[/snapback]
Well, there was no reason not to root for Houston when they won their 2 titles, there was nothing unlikeable about the players, the coach, the owner, or that great (clutch) city.

Vernon Maxwell was a real sweetheart.... :biggrin:

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 30 2010, 03:21 PM) [snapback]553463[/snapback]

OK, I take that back. (H)Akeem and The Glide are 2 of my all-time favorites.

gdu

QUOTE(TopFrog @ May 1 2010, 02:10 PM) [snapback]553795[/snapback]
Glad my sun doesn't rise and fall on the Mavs.

No joke. I'm surprised this place didn't do this after the Fiesta Bowl. Nope, it had to be a first round NBA series.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ May 1 2010, 09:10 AM) [snapback]553795[/snapback]
Glad my sun doesn't rise and fall on the Mavs.

Mine doesn't; but I root for the home team.
I hate the NBA. Most boring of all pro American sports. Mavs are the only reason I watch. Give me high school or college hoops anytime.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(2314 @ May 1 2010, 09:20 AM) [snapback]553798[/snapback]
I hate the NBA. Most boring of all pro American sports. Mavs are the only reason I watch. Give me high school or college hoops anytime.

You catch the Rangers last night (of course, only after the TCU game was over). Colby Lewis is pitching superb! Great win in 12 ...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(2314 @ May 1 2010, 09:20 AM) [snapback]553798[/snapback]
I hate the NBA.

Can't say I hate it, but I don't follow it, and now that the Mavs are done early again, it is officially Rangers season, hoping they and Frogs baseball give me a fun summer and shorten the gap to football ...