• The KillerFrogs

For those who think NBA doesn't hate Mavs

2314@work

Contributor
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...hy.c885dad.html

Tim Donaghy: Danny Crawford is 'proud' of his record in Mavs games
12:10 PM CDT on Thursday, April 29, 2010

On ESPN Radio, Tim Donaghy, former NBA referee and author of Personal Fouls, talked about Danny Crawford and his record officiating the Mavericks and how referees see Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. Transcribed by Sportsradiointerviews.com, Donaghy says Crawford's record officiating games with the Mavericks is suspect and that Cuban still makes the Mavericks a target.

“I write about this a lot in the book ‘Personal Foul’ that Danny was pretty much proud of the fact that what his record was while refereeing Dallas Mavericks playoff games so I don’t know that it is a streak that he wants to keep alive or what the story is with that, but I just think that it is almost humanly impossible a referee could have that record with one team during playoff games alone.”

And if officials take out their frustrations with Mark Cuban on the Mavs?

“I don’t think that there is any doubt that it still sticks with them. I think that it probably got a little worse when Mark made some positive comments about my book that recently came out in December and I think that it is very irritated to them that, basically, the cat is out of the bag and what he has been saying for years is basically have some evidence behind it and he has basically been right.”

OK, idiots, hang yourselves some more.
And take a bite from the reality sandwich.

713frog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:22 PM) [snapback]552507[/snapback]
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...hy.c885dad.html

Tim Donaghy: Danny Crawford is 'proud' of his record in Mavs games
12:10 PM CDT on Thursday, April 29, 2010

On ESPN Radio, Tim Donaghy, former NBA referee and author of Personal Fouls, talked about Danny Crawford and his record officiating the Mavericks and how referees see Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. Transcribed by Sportsradiointerviews.com, Donaghy says Crawford's record officiating games with the Mavericks is suspect and that Cuban still makes the Mavericks a target.

"I write about this a lot in the book 'Personal Foul' that Danny was pretty much proud of the fact that what his record was while refereeing Dallas Mavericks playoff games so I don't know that it is a streak that he wants to keep alive or what the story is with that, but I just think that it is almost humanly impossible a referee could have that record with one team during playoff games alone."

And if officials take out their frustrations with Mark Cuban on the Mavs?

"I don't think that there is any doubt that it still sticks with them. I think that it probably got a little worse when Mark made some positive comments about my book that recently came out in December and I think that it is very irritated to them that, basically, the cat is out of the bag and what he has been saying for years is basically have some evidence behind it and he has basically been right."

OK, idiots, hang yourselves some more.
And take a bite from the reality sandwich.

Are you really quoting Tim Donaghy? Why wouldn't he throw other refs under the bus?

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(The Main @ Apr 29 2010, 12:27 PM) [snapback]552509[/snapback]
Are you really quoting Tim Donaghy? Why wouldn't he throw other refs under the bus?

Hahaha...my thoughts exactly.

Meanie 23

Exactly.

2314@work

Contributor

Who is "you" child?
I believe there was a proper link inserted.
What's your question? :wacko:

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Apr 29 2010, 12:29 PM) [snapback]552512[/snapback]
Hahaha...my thoughts exactly.

Your thoughts are hallow.
Who is "you" idiot?
What an idiot post.

713frog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:30 PM) [snapback]552516[/snapback]
Who is "you" child?
I believe there was a proper link inserted.
What's your question? :wacko:

You pasted the article which quotes Tim Donaghy...a convicted criminal. And you're using this article to back up your hypothesis that the "NBA hates the Mavs".

So we should believe everything Tim Donaghy says?

FrogFaced

QUOTE(The Main @ Apr 29 2010, 11:27 AM) [snapback]552509[/snapback]

Look im a mutaul observer here, but Mavs have a 1-16 record with Crawford officialting in the playoffs, there is no other way to explain that descrepancy other than an apparent bias. If it was 1-5 maybe, but 1-16 is just ridiculous! It might not even be a concious thing but something about the way he officiates the Mavs is not correct.

713frog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:31 PM) [snapback]552519[/snapback]
Your thoughts are hallow.
Who is "you" idiot?
What an idiot post.

Hallow or hollow?

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(The Main @ Apr 29 2010, 12:34 PM) [snapback]552521[/snapback]
You pasted the article which quotes Tim Donaghy...a convicted criminal. And you're using this article to back up your hypothesis that the "NBA hates the Mavs".

So we should believe everything Tim Donaghy says?

When we want to we will :tongue:

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(FrogFaced @ Apr 29 2010, 12:34 PM) [snapback]552522[/snapback]
Look im a mutaul observer here, but Mavs have a 1-16 record with Crawford officialting in the playoffs, there is no other way to explain that descrepancy other than an apparent bias. If it was 1-5 maybe, but 1-16 is just ridiculous! It might not even be a concious thing but something about the way he officiates the Mavs is not correct.

[SIZE=36pt]+1[/SIZE]

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
23, I'm with you, but there's no way to prove this objectively, and they're right, Tim Donaghy carries about as much weight as a bucket made of tissues and scotch tape.

1-16, as FF said, is a strong indicator. But the conclusive evidence is lacking, so it's a moot point. And I'm tired of hearing about it.

You are provacateur this week aren't you? Not enough news going on over there?

NORMLFROG

Well I guess since Crawford isn't officiating tonight or in game 7(if needed) then who gives a crap? I swear mavs fans are more paranoid than TCUSA...and that is saying something.

NF

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(satis1103 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:41 PM) [snapback]552529[/snapback]
23, I'm with you, but there's no way to prove this objectively, and they're right, Tim Donaghy carries about as much weight as a bucket made of tissues and scotch tape.

1-16, as FF said, is a strong indicator. But the conclusive evidence is lacking, so it's a moot point. And I'm tired of hearing about it.

You are provacateur this week aren't you? Not enough news going on over there?

Just went to press. Long waits in between proofing pages is the reason.
My friend satis, 1-16 IS conclusive evidence.
Just read the article. I love all the Mavs haters suddenly discrediting Donaghy. That's rich. I wish those kids would go back to their play stations and Madden football games.

713frog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:45 PM) [snapback]552533[/snapback]
Just went to press. Long waits in between proofing pages is the reason.
My friend satis, 1-16 IS conclusive evidence.
Just read the article. I love all the Mavs haters suddenly discrediting Donaghy. That's rich. I wish those kids would go back to their play stations and Madden football games.

We all read the article...and it quotes Tim Donaghy...a convicted criminal. How can you NOT discredit him? He's a freaking criminal!

As opposed to Madden soccer games? :biggrin:

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(The Main @ Apr 29 2010, 12:51 PM) [snapback]552545[/snapback]
We all read the article...and it quotes Tim Donaghy...a convicted criminal. How can you NOT discredit him? He's a freaking criminal!

Yea...probably not your best "character" witness. 2314, get a life.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Apr 29 2010, 12:53 PM) [snapback]552547[/snapback]
Yea...probably not your best "character" witness. 2314, get a life.

[SIZE=36pt]1-16[/SIZE]

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:54 PM) [snapback]552548[/snapback]
[SIZE=36pt]1-16[/SIZE]

Did it ever occur to you that the Mavs' record of 1-16 when Crawford is officiating has more to do with the opponent than Crawford's (and the NBA's) desire to keep Cuban and the Mavs down?

The demise of print media...thanks to idiots like 2314.

pcf

QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Apr 29 2010, 11:59 AM) [snapback]552552[/snapback]
Did it ever occur to you that the Mavs' record of 1-16 when Crawford is officiating has more to do with the opponent than Crawford's (and the NBA's) desire to keep Cuban and the Mavs down?

Did it ever occur to you that John Wilkes Booth was just trying to kill a rabid bat that entered Ford's Theater when he shot Lincoln?

Is it too soon?