• The KillerFrogs

For the Robinson haters

SwissArmyFrog

You mean it could be worse than 6 pics and 2 fumbles??? At least a third of which directly or indirectly resulted in opponents touchdowns?????

I'm ready to take my chances.

Of course it could be worse than 6 pics and 2 fumbles - unlikely, but possible. However, I think the coaches feel that SR more than makes up for that with his play (not surprising, I might add). He's going to be a monster, IMO.

Someone said MC outplayed SR in the Spring Game. Well, if the coaches thought we're losing games because of playing SR instead of MC, MC would be playing.

The coaches haven't pulled SR for MC at any point this season save injury and mop-up. There are a couple of good reasons for this, I think.

froghair

Collins is not going to be better than Robinson, and anyone who think he will be is kidding themselves. The coaches have been very clear that Robinson is better than Collins. It’s another Hill-Sawyer situation, where fans only think the back up is better because they haven’t seen him play.

With that being said, I don’t see the offense being much worse with Collins at the helm rather than Robinson. Our offense has scored 1 touchdown in each of the last two games, so it’s going to be hard to be worse than that.

It’s pretty clear that 2018 isn’t “our year” so Collins playing instead of Robinson won’t be that big from a 2018 perspective, but it will be a killer from a 2019 perspective. We desperately need Robinson to get playing time this year so he is ready to lead us to big things in 2019.

It’s extremely important that Robinson is able to play again in 2018. Getting Robinson experience and developing him as a quarterback is just as important as winning games this year this year. Yes he is raw and isn’t playing his best right now, but his potential is sky high and there is no limit to what he can do once he’s in his prime in 2019 and 2020. But missing the rest of 2018 would be a development killer and would set TCU back a year. 2019 is supposed to be our year, but that all changes if we go into the season once again inexperienced at quarterback.

Agree that most of the time is true. However every now and again, a Jeff Ballard steps forward.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
There are places on the internet you can look up player statistics. Some of you need to do just a little simple research before you post. It would help you seem rational instead of emotional.

CountryFrog

It's easy enough to put someone in who won't turn the ball over. I could go out there and guarantee everyone that I will never have a single turnover. Unfortunately we'd also probably never score another point.

You still have to make some plays while not turning the ball over, though, or the lack of turnovers won't mean anything.