• The KillerFrogs

Football Season Tix renewal

lowfrog

Losing rubs me the wrong way - couldn’t care less if it’s done with every decision publicized like the Kardashians or if it’s more secretive than the investigation into Jimmy Hoffa

GP was fired because he lost not because of his paranoia

Dykes needs to win - because losing while instagramming burger flipping and inviting everyone to watch each decision our coaches make won’t make up for a lack of success if it happens
Agree the bottom line is how many wins TCU gets this fall. Believe this year the minimal number of wins is six and a bowl berth. Anything less than that is not acceptable.

Big Frog II

I was out at practice yesterday morning. There is a new energy with TCU Football.

Also, they are replacing the indoor facility turf. Evidently it was awful and hard as a rock.

One coach told me it was the source of a lot of injuries. SMH.
I wonder if that was the original turf?

Eight

That's stunning.

thor-is-it-though-is-it-though.gif

how many victims did the sprinkler heads claim?​

NewFrogFan

I was out at practice yesterday morning. There is a new energy with TCU Football.

Also, they are replacing the indoor facility turf. Evidently it was awful and hard as a rock.

I remember one broken 5th metatarsil when it first went in.

westoverhillbilly

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I can't imagine being a fan and not attending games if one is within a few hours driving distance and can afford a ticket. TCU really needs you- with the small alum base, it's not like there are tens of thousands of people to replace your patronage like a big state funded school. My wife, kids and I sat in the end zone for several years when my business was not yet profitable with some low performing TCU squads in the 80s and 90s.

Endless Purple

Looking at priority points and seeing where I stand as a season ticket holder. It is a good thing I like the seats I have. I do find it interesting they say they want attendance, but do not give any real value for buying tickets.

There is no value given to actually buying tickets and attending games when it comes to a supporter. I am not surprised, but just seeing the numbers goes to show they do not care if you buy tickets. When I started season tickets during MWC days at the old stadium. I was ranked about 1800ish. Now after over a decade of games I am sitting about 3200 in ranking. That is a long way in the wrong direction. Seems like every new fan starts ahead of me just by their donations.

I really feel bad for those that have been doing it longer than I, but also do not have the means to just donates tons of cash.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Looking at priority points and seeing where I stand as a season ticket holder. It is a good thing I like the seats I have. I do find it interesting they say they want attendance, but do not give any real value for buying tickets.

There is no value given to actually buying tickets and attending games when it comes to a supporter. I am not surprised, but just seeing the numbers goes to show they do not care if you buy tickets. When I started season tickets during MWC days at the old stadium. I was ranked about 1800ish. Now after over a decade of games I am sitting about 3200 in ranking. That is a long way in the wrong direction. Seems like every new fan starts ahead of me just by their donations.

I really feel bad for those that have been doing it longer than I, but also do not have the means to just donates tons of cash.
There is value to buying tickets. You will be way ahead of someone that comes in today and starts buying tickets. But there is no reason you should think just buying tickets should have more value than tickets+donations. That’s not how it works at any big program.

Your loyalty is commendable but loyalty only gets you so far. Money talks and can buy your way to the front of the line.

Virginia Frog

They will just transfer more in. Not a big deal for them.
But the Okie boys will have to define a new identity sans Coach USC.

The question is whether they can get a unified team with the fusion of "entitled" upperclassmen that have stayed, the underclassmen who feel it's "their turn" and the newbie "stars" who've transferred-in. It could be an internal turf war. Let's hope so that it makes them vulnerable at Amon Carter.

FrogBall09

There is value to buying tickets. You will be way ahead of someone that comes in today and starts buying tickets. But there is no reason you should think just buying tickets should have more value than tickets+donations. That’s not how it works at any big program.

Your loyalty is commendable but loyalty only gets you so far. Money talks and can buy your way to the front of the line.
No but we should also give points for showing up also if they really cared

Endless Purple

Like I said, not surprised. But it is just the idea of thanking fans' support after a game when all they really want is financially well off fans. I went into teaching a few years ago, and will not be a wealthy fan.

I don't follow pro sports because it is about money, not fans. College football is just getting closer and might blow past the NFL in terms of money importance over fans.

I don't expect much in return. Just not double talk. I don't need football, just have enjoyed it. Would prefer a change to show what college ball is/was about. Hope sits on a vine until it dies off.

Dogfrog

Maybe, but also a good way to justify expenditures - say it causes injuries.

Endless Purple

They do give loyalty points for multiple seasons of buying tickets.
Not enough to notice. I think you might get more points just by donating $50.

Thinking of it, you might get more points just by donating the cost of the season tickets than actually buying the tickets and showing up. Have not calculated that yet.