• The KillerFrogs

Football picks up a grad transfer

Froggish

Do we have anyone on the roster who can be the stump in the middle of the d-line? Ends are nice and all, but stopping the run now and again would be good.
Bethley and Cooper are going to be your starters but the Freshman Sorrells and Jenkins are going charge hard. I have no idea of what to think about Ellis, Filatonga, or Misi. Ellis can help but had a grade issue last year and the others never really contributed at all. However we were really square at DT with Ross and Bethley so that why we didn’t see any youth

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Bethley and Cooper are going to be your starters but the Freshman Sorrells and Jenkins are going charge hard. I have no idea of what to think about Ellis, Filatonga, or Misi. Ellis can help but had a grade issue last year and the others never really contributed at all.
I remember this time last year, when were going to have the best d-line EVER! But, alas...

Froggish

not an accident the the best frog teams in the big 12 not only had strong quarterback play, but also strong play in the lines

No question. In a discussion about our game a couple of years ago with Ohio St I keep hearing people say that our talent level was on par with theirs. I’m always quick to point out that we weren’t even in the same neighborhood in the trenches. Its not near as hard to match skill players as it is to match bigs. When we are good in OL/DL we are usually pretty darn good.

Eight

No question. In a discussion about our game a couple of years ago with Ohio St I keep hearing people say that our talent level was on par with theirs. I’m always quick to point out that we weren’t even in the same neighborhood in the trenches. Its not near as hard to match skill players as it is to match bigs. When we are good in OL/DL we are usually pretty darn good.

frog's had some talent in the defensive line with collier and ben at the ends and bethley at tackle, but the overall talent in the ohio state defensive line was ridiculous.

bosa was the best defensive end in the country and their d-line was so deep young didn't even start against the frogs.

off that team they had 6 defensive linemen drafted or signed, 2 linebackers signed, and 6 offensive linemen drafted or signed

Eight

I didn't realize that and yes, that is crazy. That game wasn't that long ago and the kid was widely considered the best player and safest pick in this draft.

young is a back up the first three games of that season, bosa gets hurt against the frogs, and young gets time as a starter and becomes 2nd team all big ten that season and then a top nfl pick one season later.

that is a bit of talent on the depth chart

WIN

This is a guy who basically got recruited over at OU but when he's been on the field he's been somewhat productive. At the end of the day he's an older kid, who is really solid athlete and has something to prove. If your going to deal in the grad transfer market, that's what you want.

Can agree with this and with the addition of leadership, hopefully.

WIN

Good pick up..he’s really fast off the edge and could work well in GPs system on the weak side. We need a guy who can get after the passer. I don’t think he’s the kind of player that is a lock to start here so we should temper our expectations. But you never know

Also, maybe stealing signals can be an advantage, not that we ever see that.

Froggish

young is a back up the first three games of that season, bosa gets hurt against the frogs, and young gets time as a starter and becomes 2nd team all big ten that season and then a top nfl pick one season later.

that is a bit of talent on the depth chart
Young was also quoted as saying Niang was the best tackle he faced in his career

Eight

Absolutely agree..How quickly he went from a near sure 1st rounder to a 3rd was a little crazy.

there must have been some concerns over his medical because he was healthy until last year

compare that to tua who has missed parts of the last two seasons and dislocated a hip and is taken early in the first

NORMLFROG

Talked to a buddy from back home who follows Steele football closely. Has really good things to say about this kid and his family. He also has a brother who plays for/played for Iowa State. I'm glad he's here. We need all the trench help we can get.

NF