• The KillerFrogs

Flying T Club - NIL

Moose Stuff

They'll have to be careful about what they "require." Basically, kids are getting NIL deals as independent contractors. School probably not in a hurry to take actions that, in the eyes of the irs, could be seen as acting as a direct employer. That area is one of the favored targets of the irs and DOL.
I’m not saying the school should be the one requiring anything. Was referring to the individuals in charge of the money.

watchfrog

It’s pretty easy to see what a lot of people their age will be buying. Just look at what soldiers buy post-deployment.
1. Vehicles - think Mustangs, Camaros & motorcycles.
2. Tattoos
3. Getting Married (not saying she’s a gold digger)
4. Eating & Drinking out a lot
5. Electronics - really big TVs & game systems

WIN

It’s pretty easy to see what a lot of people their age will be buying. Just look at what soldiers buy post-deployment.
2. Tattoos

I could be their grandfather and guilty of all but #2.

CardFrog

Should probably work off the assumption that Texas is gonna outspend everyone on the guys they want (and end up getting them). Not sure trying to compete with them on that front will ever be a good idea .

Completely agree, wish there was some sort of cap in place, not opposed to the NIL idea but with no cap the smaller schools are at a serious disadvantage.

Wexahu

It would be hilarious if they spent all this money and still hover around .500

Recruiting is not the issue, they already get top-10 classes consistently.
This is probably the blueprint for the really prized recruits going forward. Create a bidding war coming out of high school, go somewhere for a year, and then enter the portal, thus creating another, more over-the-top bidding war.

GenXFrog

Should probably work off the assumption that Texas is gonna outspend everyone on the guys they want (and end up getting them). Not sure trying to compete with them on that front will ever be a good idea .

If we know they are gonna outspend everyone on the guys they want, no matter what, make them do it. Bid them. Compete. Don't let them go cheap. Drive them to pay over the top dollar every damn time.

vicarfrog

2. Tattoos

And that's why for all their 6-figures and more, in the end, they'll end up worse off than before and in debt. Take it to the bank; no pun intended.

We need to sponsor scholarships for them to attend something like Financial Peace University (I know some people detest Ramsey, but something like that) or get on the athletic staff some type of finance coach willing to teach the basics:

1. Avoid debt/pay-off debt
2. Build emergency fund
3. Cash/debit only
4. Invest
5. Then go be generous/have fun/etc.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
And that's why for all their 6-figures and more, in the end, they'll end up worse off than before and in debt. Take it to the bank; no pun intended.

We need to sponsor scholarships for them to attend something like Financial Peace University (I know some people detest Ramsey, but something like that) or get on the athletic staff some type of finance coach willing to teach the basics:

1. Avoid debt/pay-off debt
2. Build emergency fund
3. Cash/debit only
4. Invest
5. Then go be generous/have fun/etc.
I am the Chancellor of that school. I wouldn’t take my advice.