• The KillerFrogs

Flying T Club - NIL

Wexahu

And that's why for all their 6-figures and more, in the end, they'll end up worse off than before and in debt. Take it to the bank; no pun intended.

We need to sponsor scholarships for them to attend something like Financial Peace University (I know some people detest Ramsey, but something like that) or get on the athletic staff some type of finance coach willing to teach the basics:

1. Avoid debt/pay-off debt
2. Build emergency fund
3. Cash/debit only
4. Invest
5. Then go be generous/have fun/etc.
That, and I bet quite a few of these kids have more hanger-oners and people wanting their piece of the action than you could imagine.

All this money in many ways is going to make college experience absolutely suck for them. You don't have to use much imagination to wonder how.

vicarfrog

That, and I bet quite a few of these kids have more hanger-oners and people wanting their piece of the action than you could imagine.

All this money in many ways is going to make college experience absolutely suck for them. You don't have to use much imagination to wonder how.
And people who are going to guilt-manipulate them into giving money when they should be investing, building up savings, paying off debt.

We really do need a financial coach for the athletic department.

Wexahu

And people who are going to guilt-manipulate them into giving money when they should be investing, building up savings, paying off debt.

We really do need a financial coach for the athletic department.
It's all the little stuff that would add up. Go grab something to eat or go out to a bar with some friends.....the bill comes and those fingers will be pointed at you. Would get old really, really fast.

TXTXFrog

I didn't go to Tcu and have supported them over twenty years with my season ticket purchases, and have been a fan for over forty five years. Because I won't dole out money to kids who have greater advantages than I ever had doesn't mean I'm not a sports fan.
Advantages? I’m guessing if they are playing at a D1 school they also worked their ass off to get there. I know plenty of athletes that haven’t had it easy…at all.