• The KillerFrogs

Flying T Club - NIL

Froggish

Bump.....Flying T Club folks are doing some big things behind the scenes...If you have any desire for financially helping TCU Athletics, than find a group such as the Flying T Club and give a little towards NIL. Its a big deal for the future of the program. You don't have to be rich or a big cigar to make a difference. Every little bit helps.

https://flyingtclub.com/

For those unaware, Flying T Club now has just a "donation" option for those that can't afford a membership. I know there are also other groups that are working on NIL. If the Flying T Club isn't your bag, find a group that is....Let's give our university the all competitive advantage it needs to be successful.

Moose Stuff

Bump.....Flying T Club folks are doing some big things behind the scenes...If you have any desire for financially helping TCU Athletics, than find a group such as the Flying T Club and give a little towards NIL. Its a big deal for the future of the program. You don't have to be rich or a big cigar to make a difference. Every little bit helps.

For those unaware, Flying T Club now has just a "donation" option for those that can't afford a membership. I know there are also other groups that are working on NIL. If the Flying T Club isn't your bag, find a group that is....Let's give our university the all competitive advantage it needs to be successful.
This ^^^^^^

Paul in uhh

Bump bump bump it up

Mean Purple

There are at least 3. Not sure that’s a secret.
I was mixed on the whole NIL thing. There was a reality that, at a place like TCU, those players are already getting a pretty big pay out via scholarship, etc. But then you weigh against dollars in, etc.
But two things got me to the point where I am now.
A. It is the process now. So, it is what it is. Can't stay on the bench.
B. This could be the opportunity for a private school with a well-known undergraduate business school and significant donors that build huge endowments to level the playing field vs some of the blue bloods.

Froggish

There are a number of groups working to help TCU through NIL opportunities. Support them, encourage them, and share their mission with other that are passionate about TCU Athletics. At the end of the day its a volume play....Get the word out. We have an opportunity to pool our Frog Family resources and help lead TCU into a more secure athletic future.

I'll say this.......there is a certain QB visiting campus right now that is most definitely listening to a presentation that includes a robust NIL pitch. This is the future and its now.

Froggish

Is this tax deductible?
I can't speak for all the groups doing NIL...I do know that the Flying T Club is not tax deductible and that was by design. (No I am not affiliated with Flying T Club but am a member) Non Profits can fall under a very high amount of tax scrutiny and in order efficiently be able to get the money into the right hands it was decided not to form a 501c3.... The club is working directly with TCU though so university officials are aware of all the work being done. It isn't just rogue group.

Moose Stuff

I was mixed on the whole NIL thing. There was a reality that, at a place like TCU, those players are already getting a pretty big pay out via scholarship, etc. But then you weigh against dollars in, etc.
But two things got me to the point where I am now.
A. It is the process now. So, it is what it is. Can't stay on the bench.
B. This could be the opportunity for a private school with a well-known undergraduate business school and significant donors that build huge endowments to level the playing field vs some of the blue bloods.
Agreed…..The last part was what I didn’t grasp at first. My initial reaction was this just further separates the haves from the have nots, but what it really does is separate the WILLS from the WILL NOTS. As an example….. if they wanted to (which I’m certain they won’t) a school like Rice with tons of wealthy donors could now make a run at being relevant. We’re well beyond where Rice is starting from but the same applies to TCU. This is our chance assuming people with the means to do it step up.

Moose Stuff

There are a number of groups working to help TCU through NIL opportunities. Support them, encourage them, and share their mission with other that are passionate about TCU Athletics. At the end of the day its a volume play....Get the word out. We have an opportunity to pool our Frog Family resources and help lead TCU into a more secure athletic future.

I'll say this.......there is a certain QB visiting campus right now that is most definitely listening to a presentation that includes a robust NIL pitch. This is the future and its now.
Again….. THIS ^^^^^