• The KillerFrogs

First time at TCU

FrogAbroad

Planning to get to the Stockyards Saturday night for the rodeo. Never been to one. Coming by the tailgate would be great. Just let me know what to bring! drinks of choice?

I've always enjoyed the Star Cafe in the Stockyards. Not at all posh, just the best food in the 'yards area. (Prime filet, medium rare; mashed potatoes with white gravy; blue cheese dressing on the salad, m'am.) They also have a good Chicken Fried Steak.

http://www.starcafefortworth.com

Try to get the table in the front window with the neon sign.

King of Fun

Hi all, First time in the Fort Worth area, so figured I'd head to the game this weekend. I was hoping I could get some suggestions on things to do, places to go before/after the game, etc... Are there any traditions to know about? Any suggestions and info is appreciated. Thanks!
Better take Uber or your license plates will get stolen. Apparently that’s a thing around campus now. Huge beating.

dawg

For breakfast, head to Esparanza's. They serve breakfast all day. Get the chorizo con huevos with a side of corn tortillas and thank me later. Breakfast tacos and burritos are very legit, as well. Lunch and dinner menu is good as well. Bring cash, though.

2122 N Main St
Fort Worth, TX

Welcome to the best University you could imagine! Finally someone newer than me. I suggest Railhead for barbecue. Seventh Street also is great.

Weather should be nice so fans hopefully will be loud from kickoff to the end of the fourth period!!!

Eight

Welcome to the best University you could imagine! Finally someone newer than me. I suggest Railhead for barbecue. Seventh Street also is great.

Weather should be nice so fans hopefully will be loud from kickoff to the end of the fourth period!!!

how can you be "new' halfway through the semester?

Putt4Purple

For breakfast, head to Esparanza's. They serve breakfast all day. Get the chorizo con huevos with a side of corn tortillas and thank me later. Breakfast tacos and burritos are very legit, as well. Lunch and dinner menu is good as well. Bring cash, though.

2122 N Main St
Fort Worth, TX

All you stated I agree with is true with the exception of the cash at Esparanzas. They accept credit or debit cards. Joe T's across street. Yes all cash.

Frogo

Granted, it's not the best Mexican food in the world, but the food is fine and the margaritas are great. People are really paying for the atmosphere. They have really old trees, cool lighting and fountains. It's a bit cheesy, but I really enjoy the mariachi band. It's one of the coolest outdoor dining experiences in the country imho. I don't get the Joe T haters. Every time I take an out-of-towner they freakin' love it.

Edit: from Joe T apologists to Joe T haters* Eight pointed out that I'm the Joe T apologist.

I LOVE the cheese enchiladas.

sw2615

I guess I'll be doing a lot of eating while there, which isn't a bad thing at all. Also planning to tour the Cowboys stadium. How's that?

I am from another country, first semester grad student. People are super friendly on campus but in this arena I feel much newer than most. My roommate also posts here sometimes and helps with grammar in some posts. But

netty2424

Tour is pretty neat. Watching a game there sucks.
Been to quite a few cowboy games and they were great. Crowd was as loud as I’ve ever heard a sporting event. Watched cowboys beat Packers on Monday night football right after it opened and that was one of the best football games I’ve ever been to.

College games, on the other hand, are terrible.

TCURiggs

which country?

tumblr_miulhdTNOq1qfrkf9o4_250.gif

Latest posts