• The KillerFrogs

First time at TCU

Eight

I think the Old South suggestion was a bit tongue-in-cheek. It has sentimental value to former students and residents as a diner (and plenty of late night meals) but I would probably spend your time elsewhere if you are just in for a visit.

damn, now i have to agree with uncle frog on something.

just feel stronger on joe t's and hell no on angelo's

ole' south is a local version of ihop, but with yellow pancakes and a few special menu items

agree with finafrog on tortilandia and i like vickery cafe as well for breakfast

froginmn

Definitely a TCU fan Saturday. I'm a Clemson grad, so theres already a dislike for OU. They did plenty of trash talking before the bowl games in 14 and 15. Didnt really do much once the games started, though..
Wouldn't have actually sent you to bad places. I don't think.

Uncle_Frog

ole' south is a local version of ihop, but with yellow pancakes and a few special menu items

agree with finafrog on tortilandia and i like vickery cafe as well for breakfast
You never know Eight, we may end up friends after all!

Casey T

Go to Salsa Limon downtown at some point. Also hop around West 7th bars after the game to watch other football games and grab a burger at Rodeo Goat

bronco

Ole South is where the locals will be. Much like Joe T's or Angelo's non residents may not understand the appeal but if I were in Clemson I would want to know where all the dives are plus the convenience factor is hard to beat. By the way I went to Angelo's Friday and it was damn good!

Eight

Ole South is where the locals will be. Much like Joe T's or Angelo's non residents may not understand the appeal but if I were in Clemson I would want to know where all the dives are plus the convenience factor is hard to beat. By the way I went to Angelo's Friday and it was damn good!

he can also find plenty of locals at mcdonald's near campus and colonial cafeteria as well

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
If you go to the Letterman's tailgate in Schollmayer arena, you can take in Frog Alley as well as stroll thru the TCU Hall of Fame in the arena. Dutch's, Rodeo Goat, Fred's, Swiss Pastry Shop or Kincaid's are all great burger places. If you want something upscale, try Reata in downtown Fort Worth. A very unique place with Texas style. Plenty of great steak places in downtown Fort Worth, although some are chains. My favorite place for brunch is at Del Frisco's Grill in downtown on Sundance Square. Always something going on down there on Sundays.

Have fun, Just remember Fort Worth >>>>>>>>>>>> Dallas.

Brog

i have never liked margaritas, find mariachi bands cheesy as hell, and am the school of thought it should never cost what it cost for a plate of enchiladas in a state and suburb of dallas where it isn't hard to find damn good tex-mex at a reasonable price

i understand that some people really love the atmosphere and i haven't really traveled that much, but again i don't get it as and definitely wouldn't put it in my top outdoor dining experiences.

each to their own and i think you would be the joe t apologists and i am the joe t detractor or critic

When you say you have never liked margaritas and don't like mariachi band.....suddenly I have learned all I need to know about you, and move on.

Eight

When you say you have never liked margaritas and don't like mariachi band.....suddenly I have learned all I need to know about you, and move on.

dude, if dislikes for latin america's version of polka music and a sickening sweet drink concocted to hide bad tequila is all that was required i would have told you long ago