• The KillerFrogs

First time at TCU

sw2615

Hi all, First time in the Fort Worth area, so figured I'd head to the game this weekend. I was hoping I could get some suggestions on things to do, places to go before/after the game, etc... Are there any traditions to know about? Any suggestions and info is appreciated. Thanks!

Come to the KillerFrogs Tailgate. Lot 3, space 485. Look for the Killer Frogs Flag and banner.

Definitely Old South Pancake House- be prepared to wait in line. This place is a tradition.

Lunch at Dutch's for sure

Magnolia Street is a cool area for drinks and food
Clear Fork is a new high-end eating and shopping area that's right on the river.

The Woodshed is close to campus and is on the river. An outdoor venue that typically has live music.

And of course, you really can't come to Fort Worth without visiting the Stockyards. The bull run on Friday morning. Cowboy Church on Sunday. White Elephant for music and drinks, in the evening. M.L. Leddy's for shopping. Joe T's for Sunday Brunch (or dinner but it will be packed). This is a TCU tradition, as well.

When you are out, let people know you are visiting, and you will always be pointed in the right direction :)

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
So the penalties just come naturally, no practice needed?
Actually if we're comparing this year to 2013 the number of penalties this year have actually be a bright spot.

To the OP, if you come early I would second the suggestion of grabbing breakfast at Ol South on University, then find parking and enjoy the tailgating scene as we typically put on a good spread even for morning games. The letterman's tailgate will have all you can eat BBQ in the Schollmaier Arena ($20 admission) cooked up by some fantastic Frog Letterman. After the game go hit up Dutch's (first choice) or Buffalo Bros. (great pizza) for an after game meal. Above all else, wear purple, grab a free Pepsi, and cheer on the Frogs.

bronco

Come to the KillerFrogs Tailgate. Lot 3, space 485. Look for the Killer Frogs Flag and banner.

Definitely Old South Pancake House- be prepared to wait in line. This place is a tradition.

Clear Fork is a new high-end eating and shopping area that's right on the river.

The Woodshed is close to campus and is on the river. An outdoor venue that typically has live music.

And of course, you really can't come to Fort Worth without visiting the Stockyards. The bull run on Friday morning. Cowboy Church on Sunday. White Elephant for music and drinks, in the evening. M.L. Leddy's for shopping. Joe T's for Sunday Brunch (or dinner but it will be packed). This is a TCU tradition, as well.

When you are out, let people know you are visiting, and you will always be pointed in the right direction :)
Can I come to the Killer Frog Tailgate?

H0RNEDFR0G

joe t's is only a tradition for those like to pay way too much for average at best mexic

Granted, it's not the best Mexican food in the world, but the food is fine and the margaritas are great. People are really paying for the atmosphere. They have really old trees, cool lighting and fountains. It's a bit cheesy, but I really enjoy the mariachi band. It's one of the coolest outdoor dining experiences in the country imho. I don't get the Joe T haters. Every time I take an out-of-towner they freakin' love it.

Edit: from Joe T apologists to Joe T haters* Eight pointed out that I'm the Joe T apologist.

Last edited:

Eight

Granted, it's not the best Mexican food in the world, but the food is fine and the margaritas are great. People are really paying for the atmosphere. They have really old trees, cool lighting and fountains. It's a bit cheesy, but I really enjoy the mariachi band. It's one of the coolest outdoor dining experiences in the country imho. I don't get the Joe T apologists. Every time I take an out-of-towner they freakin' love it.

i have never liked margaritas, find mariachi bands cheesy as hell, and am the school of thought it should never cost what it cost for a plate of enchiladas in a state and suburb of dallas where it isn't hard to find damn good tex-mex at a reasonable price

i understand that some people really love the atmosphere and i haven't really traveled that much, but again i don't get it as and definitely wouldn't put it in my top outdoor dining experiences.

each to their own and i think you would be the joe t apologists and i am the joe t detractor or critic

sw2615

Planning to get to the Stockyards Saturday night for the rodeo. Never been to one. Coming by the tailgate would be great. Just let me know what to bring! drinks of choice?

4 Oaks Frog

Eight...Are you calling Fort Worth a suburb of Dallas?...
“plate of enchiladas in a state and suburb of dallas where it isn't hard to find damn good tex-mex at a reasonable price”

GO FROGS!
BEAT ou!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!