• The KillerFrogs

FIRE PATTERSON

tmcats

okay, this has been a fun chat playing devel's advocate. i wish you well. i have always liked tcu because of a friend who was d'coordinator there and because of gary. all the best! #emaw

G Mother Froggen P

If you're not using Baylor's one good year then what exactly are you basing the idea that they bounced 100% back on?

Our program obviously needs some changes but I'm just not looking to Waco as some kind of case study. I like the other guy's idea - let's just be like Clemson.
You’re putting too much stock into the clemson argument, it was merely a point of other non-blue blood programs' successes. There are other examples of schools that have shown greater success with coaching changes than what we have been able to muster up with our Top 10 highest paid coach.
The overall point is change isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I truly believe we need to adapt with some of the newer trends in CFB. Embrace Evolution. Despite the Odds did a tremendous job articulating my thoughts and I fully agree with his position.

Endless Purple

okay, this has been a fun chat playing devel's advocate. i wish you well. i have always liked tcu because of a friend who was d'coordinator there and because of gary. all the best! #emaw

The only sane person in this thread is a K State fan.

TCU has a losing record in 2019, and now we are supposed to fire the head coach. Just 2 seasons prior was an 11 win season. How many threads have there been here that mocked other schools for doing that very thing.

Too many people say look at Baylor and they could replace a coach and win so we should too, what about Texas Tech. How did they fare after Leach?

We are 4 games into 2020 on a very strange season and haven't even played the bottom of the conference yet. If this is the view of TCU fans on the team and coach, I don't know why they bother to suit up.

I appreciate your view. I agree Gary should stay. I guess your talking Phil Bennett. I won't tell you what I think of him.

If your talking Glasgow he better get that DL straightened up. He has to do a better job evaluating DL and getting kids on the DL without big gaps of talent/ability drop from one year to the next.

Last edited:

Eight

The only sane person in this thread is a K State fan.

TCU has a losing record in 2019, and now we are supposed to fire the head coach. Just 2 seasons prior was an 11 win season. How many threads have there been here that mocked other schools for doing that very thing.

Too many people say look at Baylor and they could replace a coach and win so we should too, what about Texas Tech. How did they fare after Leach?

We are 4 games into 2020 on a very strange season and haven't even played the bottom of the conference yet. If this is the view of TCU fans on the team and coach, I don't know why they bother to suit up.

who said to fire gary after one losing season?

gary is in his ninth season in the big 12 and to this point we have had 3 winning records in conference play and 5 losing seasons.

he is among the top 10 paid coaches in all of college football and this program continues to see the same mistakes and errors make over the past three seasons.

instead of making true changes he brought back a coach he ran out of the program and humiliated in a game at kansas, but now he is calling the plays

the defense is trending to be the worst during gary's tenure against the run and is giving up big plays at an unequaled pace which again has been trending for some time.

you can opt to believe these issues are recent, but they have been becoming more and more apparent each season.

really is amazing what the fear of the unknown does to people