• The KillerFrogs

Fire Jeremiah Donati

tcumaniac

You really think lack of content is the reason we lost. Seriously.
Never said that. Didn’t imply that either.

But if you’re going to suffocate your fan base of content and the ability to engage with the team and its players in the name of secrecy, then you better come out with a damn good product.

Instead, we not only suffocated our fan base into indifference, we come out with a product that looks like total asshoe.

From my perspective I’m annoyed he even got the position. It appears me he largely received it out of nepotism. I obviously don’t know the facts behind his hiring but even cdc started out and had to climb up the ranks of lesser name schools. I like to view things in life as a meritocracy and I know for a fact that’s not how it works, but I would’ve liked to see someone more experienced and the ability to help guide us thru the transition of aging stalwarts of our program. I don’t believe Donati is that hire. I believe he was the one of least resistance. He can prove me wrong when he starts to put pressure on gary to win football games and he makes the right choice for the inevitable head coaching change coming down the pipeline.
At the time he got the job Donati was generally recognized as a rising star and one of the four or five best ADs in waiting. You can debate his performance all you want but there is no doubt he was acclaimed as a good hire by folks all over college football.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
From my perspective I’m annoyed he even got the position. It appears me he largely received it out of nepotism. I obviously don’t know the facts behind his hiring but even cdc started out and had to climb up the ranks of lesser name schools. I like to view things in life as a meritocracy and I know for a fact that’s not how it works, but I would’ve liked to see someone more experienced and the ability to help guide us thru the transition of aging stalwarts of our program. I don’t believe Donati is that hire. I believe he was the one of least resistance. He can prove me wrong when he starts to put pressure on gary to win football games and he makes the right choice for the inevitable head coaching change coming down the pipeline.
Who did you want hired? You seem to be sure JD wasn’t the right guy. So who is?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Never said that. Didn’t imply that either.

But if you’re going to suffocate your fan base of content and the ability to engage with the team and its players in the name of secrecy, then you better come out with a damn good product.

Instead, we not only suffocated our fan base into indifference, we come out with a product that looks like total asshoe.
I know I would feel so much better today if there had been tweets with 10 second clips from practice of receivers catching passes set to rap music. What a farce this team is. I want my money back.

Moose Stuff

I know I would feel so much better today if there had been tweets with 10 second clips from practice of receivers catching passes set to rap music. What a farce this team is. I want my money back.

It's an odd complaint man. I'm into this program as much as anyone and I never spent one second worried about our lack of social media content. I AM told I'm an old white dude whose opinion doesn't really matter so I may not be the best one to comment here.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Might have been a better take before the game and not after a disappointing loss. You are now just blaming the AD for a loss in a game in which the OL and DL play was terrible and we for some reason kept two of our best offensive weapons on the sideline too long.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Again moving the goal post..he is the only one capable of moving on from Gary, and the question is due to his lack of experience if he’s capable. I guess we will see. I would’ve been more confident in cdc to make that decision.

To be clear: no matter what the org chart says, our AD—no matter who it is—doesn’t have the power to fire CGP. There are a handful of sign-offs from elite donors to the chancellor required. Period. And we aren’t anywhere close to that.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It's an odd complaint man. I'm into this program as much as anyone and I never spent one second worried about our lack of social media content. I AM told I'm an old white dude whose opinion doesn't really matter so I may not be the best one to comment here.
And the sheer volume of complaints he’s made about it is mind blowing. Maybe guys like us are too old to understand the Instagram culture. And for that I am happy.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall DeLoss Dodd’s or Delconte saying Donati was more responsible than anyone in getting TCU into the Big 12.

TCUdirtbag

No doubt most here don’t know what an AD job really is. Yes, CDC rode the wave of his coaches’ success and leveraged that into his next job. I remember how fed up with him people were before he left though—so lol at this thread.

Donati raised a lot of money, very quickly, for the AGCS East Side project. It was very ugly-but our best baseball coach in history and best possible get for men’s basketball coach in a generation are still here. The big donors like him, and he’s pretty well respected in the Big 12 AD room. Our athletics department had avoided significant scandal - which these days is a huge accomplishment.

Could on-field results be better? Yes. But have they been awful? No.

For the next 4-5 years, the most important thing for our AD is to do the behind the scenes work of keeping us in a power conference. When I tell you NO ONE knows how 2024-25 talks are going to go, that’s an understatement. Relationships and value are about as specific as you can be on that.

IMO Donati has been fine. He’s raised money, kept big donors happy, and led a scandal free department. He’s built relationships in the conference. IMO we’ve got him now and probably are best off letting him captain the ship through 2025 rather than starting over with a green leader before the media and grant of rights contracts come up.

This thread reads like a handful of frequent flyer whiners airing their endless grievances on a groundhog festivus day.