• The KillerFrogs

Fire Jeremiah Donati

Moose Stuff

Game wasn’t under the B12 restrictions and not being able to field some positions was based on a B12 contact tracing rule that extremely strict, was not required for that game since it was non-con and one that is not being used by other conferences

I comprehend the reason they justified the cancellation however we could easily used the same CDC guideline to justify letting negative tested, asymptomatic players actually play also

our overall athletic program is going backwards and anyone close to the major programs can feel it

maybe that was inevitable given we are a small fish in a big pond and in the long run- all things move back to the normal

or maybe we lost our edge when the guy that architected the rise left us and we hired his protege so the boat wouldn’t be rocked for our coaches- but the new guy has no voice in the room when it matters because he is there to say yes

let’s hope baseball finds a way back to the promised land before other schools that don’t care about off
The field come looking again

I can't come up with any possible way losing your AD (while keeping all your head coaches) immediately causes your major sports teams to get worse.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

So Donati should be fired because he didn't fire Patterson? I don't get how this is his fault. I've been critical of gp going back to last year but I still don't understand the hate for Donati. Gary is the one who made these hires.

I don’t hate him. I don’t know him. I know nothing about him other than he doesn’t have the gravitas and possibly even the authority to credibly insist on necessary changes. (And yes the split infinitive is acknowledged)

Mr. Bigglesworth

So Donati should be fired because he didn't fire Patterson? I don't get how this is his fault. I've been critical of gp going back to last year but I still don't understand the hate for Donati. Gary is the one who made these hires.
From my perspective I’m annoyed he even got the position. It appears me he largely received it out of nepotism. I obviously don’t know the facts behind his hiring but even cdc started out and had to climb up the ranks of lesser name schools. I like to view things in life as a meritocracy and I know for a fact that’s not how it works, but I would’ve liked to see someone more experienced and the ability to help guide us thru the transition of aging stalwarts of our program. I don’t believe Donati is that hire. I believe he was the one of least resistance. He can prove me wrong when he starts to put pressure on gary to win football games and he makes the right choice for the inevitable head coaching change coming down the pipeline.

CountryFrog

My biggest gripe with the people who didn't like the Donati hire is - Who was the realistic candidate that would definitely be better and would instantly show up with so much credibility that they could put pressure on Gary Patterson?

I can't answer that because I'm not locked in with the up and coming AD candidates. I'm sure that some people on here are familiar but I would guess it's a very low number.

My biggest gripe with the people who didn't like the Donati hire is - Who was the realistic candidate that would definitely be better and would instantly show up with so much credibility that they could put pressure on Gary Patterson?

I can't answer that because I'm not locked in with the up and coming AD candidates. I'm sure that some people on here are familiar but I would guess it's a very low number.

SMUs AD seems to know what he is doing.

flyfishingfrog

I can't come up with any possible way losing your AD (while keeping all your head coaches) immediately causes your major sports teams to get worse.
So you are an insider in our baseball program and thus I assume you know the actual details of what was going on...yet somehow the fact that NOTHING was done at all by our AD regarding a sit down before it escalated nor did he really do much when MSU came calling to stop it - isn’t a problem with our AD office?

give me a break - we lost at least a year of a really good team because of off field distractions that were known by our AD - possibly two

but then there might be a reason why no one was called to the carpet...sometimes it’s hard to look in the mirror and see yourself

DeuceBoogieNights

From my perspective I’m annoyed he even got the position. It appears me he largely received it out of nepotism. I obviously don’t know the facts behind his hiring but even cdc started out and had to climb up the ranks of lesser name schools. I like to view things in life as a meritocracy and I know for a fact that’s not how it works, but I would’ve liked to see someone more experienced and the ability to help guide us thru the transition of aging stalwarts of our program. I don’t believe Donati is that hire. I believe he was the one of least resistance. He can prove me wrong when he starts to put pressure on gary to win football games and he makes the right choice for the inevitable head coaching change coming down the pipeline.

So your issue should be with TCU who hired him.

DeuceBoogieNights

I don’t hate him. I don’t know him. I know nothing about him other than he doesn’t have the gravitas and possibly even the authority to credibly insist on necessary changes. (And yes the split infinitive is acknowledged)

And how would you know that unless you are in the meetings?

Moose Stuff

So you are an insider in our baseball program and thus I assume you know the actual details of what was going on...yet somehow the fact that NOTHING was done at all by our AD regarding a sit down before it escalated nor did he really do much when MSU came calling to stop it - isn’t a problem with our AD office?

give me a break - we lost at least a year of a really good team because of off field distractions that were known by our AD - possibly two

but then there might be a reason why no one was called to the carpet...sometimes it’s hard to look in the mirror and see yourself

I'm not gonna spend one second discussing the personal life of one of our current head coaches on this board. I will say that our 2018 baseball team wasn't even remotely close to "really good" and it didn't have anything to do with whatever was going on with our head coach off the field.

MTfrog5

You think that was the reason why we sucked that year?

CountryFrog

SMUs AD seems to know what he is doing.
He could be great for all I know but it doesn't seem like hiring an AD from any non-P5 school would check all the boxes that so many people seem to want checked.

I have no doubt if we had hired him and things still went exactly as they have on the field then people would be bitching about how you can't bring someone in from a small time athletic program and expect them to do what is needed here.

tcumaniac

Donati okayed Gary’s asinine decision to be radio silent all off season. It’s terrible for recruiting and terrible for fan engagement and driving fan interest / excitement for the program. And to be so secretive and then to still come out and lay an egg against a bad team is a complete disgrace.