• The KillerFrogs

Fire Gary

Mean Purple

Less of a defense of Gary and more of the reality of current leadership.

Something absolutely is off. I just don't know if firing Gary fixes the problem or creates a hellish carousel nightmare that brings me back to my days as a kid in the early 90s. I used to run around the stadium and explore. Why? Because there was like 12,000 people.
We did not do a serious national search for a best option AD. It is now biting us

Mean Purple

You may have missed them plucking our conferences apart at each turn. Their goal is clearly to bump off schools that don't have the number of eyeballs...and the way to do it is make sure you kill off the small schools is to do it when we're not good or are in turmoil with Patterson retiring.

If that's LOL to you, then you're not paying attention...now say something witty about your buckeyes.
Yep.they are his biggest defender. Claiming he should not be on the hot seat. They want bu to be in, not us.

Dogfrog

I mistakenly thought that Gary’s last extension happened in 2016 extending through the ‘22 season. Found a reference to a 2017 extension through 2023. No idea if there has been one since.

Prime BEEF

Potential new HC options. In no particular order. Listed age and current annual salary. I’m sure I’ve left some other good options off the list but think this covers most of the names that have been thrown out there.

Jamey Chadwell, Coastal, 44yrs old, $850k

Jeff Traylor, UTSA, 53yrs old, $800k

Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss, 46yrs old, $4.5M

Matt Campbell, ISU, 41yrs old, $4M

Jeff Monken, Army, 54yrs old, $932k

Luke Fickell, Cincy, 48yrs old, $3.4M

Sonny Dykes, SMU, 51yrs old, $1.34M

Hugh Freeze, Liberty, 52yrs old, $3M

Dave Clawson, Wake, 54yrs old, $2.1M

Justin Fuente, Va Tech, 45yrs old, $4.25M

Billy Napier, Louisiana, 42yrs old, $2M

Mel Tucker, Mich St, 48yrs old, $5.5M

Brent Brennan, San Jose St, 48yrs old, $850k

Bill Clark, UAB, 53yrs old, $1.61M

Will Healy, Charlotte, 36yrs old, $755k

Sean Lewis, Kent St, 35yrs old, $440k

Wexahu

Potential new HC options. In no particular order. Listed age and current annual salary. I’m sure I’ve left some other good options off the list but think this covers most of the names that have been thrown out there.

I think Dykes could be successful here. Would be a little concerned about the attention to defense, but it’s not like it can get much worse than what we ate throwing out there now.

He’s about as good a fit as any reasonable candidate IMO, and a guy that might not see TCU as just another stop in his career.

I think a few of the guys you listed aren’t coming here no matter what.

Last edited:

kidkarr

I think Dykes could be successful here. Would be a little concerned about the attention to defense, but it’s not like it can get much worse than what we ate throwing out there now.

He’s about as good a fit as any reasonable candidate IMO, and a guy that might not see TCU as just another stop I’m his career.

Heard him doing an interview yesterday and he seems to have it figured out. Win the trenches and get a quality transfer qb that wants to play and fits our system. It’s nice to hear a good coherent interview from coaches.

Prime BEEF

He’s about as good a fit as any reasonable candidate IMO, and a guy that might not see TCU as just another stop in his career.

I think Dykes would do well at TCU

Was just trying to list all of the names for comparison.

For those fixated on age (I’m not necessarily one of those)…Sean Lewis is an interesting guy. 6’7” former Wisconsin TE that brings a ton of energy

Wexahu

I think Dykes would do well at TCU

Was just trying to list all of the names for comparison.

For those fixated on age (I’m not necessarily one of those)…Sean Lewis is an interesting guy. 6’7” former Wisconsin TE that brings a ton of energy
Dykes looks way older than he is. Just kind of has an old man look at 51.

That ain’t old for a football coach. At all.

Relic

I think recruiting - what with NIL dreams floating in every kid's undeveloped brain,combined with a dismal, if not downright dysfunctional football season, and a head coach on an increasingly hot seat - may deteriorate to a point of starting an endless cycle of worse and worse seasons, fewer and fewer butts in seats, and a 1970's style replay of TCU football. At least we would get the Flying T back...

PurpleBlood87

Since Patterson is so worried about NIL how about he donate this year's salary to an NIL war chest? He can keep $500,000 for each win over a P5 school.

Jackson

Are you Freakin crazy! Lane Kiffin who has had opportunity after opportunity and failed everywhere he’s been. The only thing he has done well is insured that his paycheck was properly direct deposited. He’s the most over paid, zero results HC in College Football history.

Eight

Are you Freakin crazy! Lane Kiffin who has had opportunity after opportunity and failed everywhere he’s been. The only thing he has done well is insured that his paycheck was properly direct deposited. He’s the most over paid, zero results HC in College Football history.

so for clarification sake, lane is FAILING right now at ole miss because if so we have different definitions of failing

will give you that lane [ Finebaum ] the bed at multiple jobs, but if i had to choose the trajectory of two programs that i felt were headed in a positive direction between ole miss and tcu i am going with the baby blues right now