• The KillerFrogs

Fire Gary

Sebastian S

Gary doesn’t want coaches on his staff with ambition…he wants yes men and guys with personal and/or program ties. That way no one will ever leave him and tell everyone else all of his magic defense secrets.
I don’t even get the Kenny Hill hire, he wasn’t that great a QB and was a transfer.

Does he feel the need to hire from within be it existing coaches or ex players?

TCUWIN

Patterson…quit blaming the kids and take responsibility for your poor ability to motivate the players today. All they showed on the news was him saying SMU wanted it more. I’m tired of that crap. We are not Alabama playing Colorado School of the Mines where it would be hard to motivate the players. We are freaking TCU that had lost its last game to SMu. He failed to prepare them for the game.

Eight

I don’t even get the Kenny Hill hire, he wasn’t that great a QB and was a transfer.

Does he feel the need to hire from within be it existing coaches or ex players?

heck, why do you hire an oc you ran off and then embarrassed and right now the offense is doing better than the defense.

do you realize how many of his defensive assistants haven't coached anywhere else on the defensive side of the ball? look at the two defensive analyst and notice the difference between their experience coaching and say the offensive side where you have kill and beck

one side is set up so that there are no other ideas other than gary's .

jake102

Patterson…quit blaming the kids and take responsibility for your poor ability to motivate the players today. All they showed on the news was him saying SMU wanted it more. I’m tired of that crap. We are not Alabama playing Colorado School of the Mines where it would be hard to motivate the players. We are freaking TCU that had lost its last game to SMu. He failed to prepare them for the game.
Has nothing to do with preparation and everything to do with player development. There’s 3-4 guys starting for us on defense who aren’t new and who shouldn’t see a G5 two deep. I mean just comically bad for a P5 starter. There’s two starters on offense with the same issue

LVH

This is why today's loss sucks so bad. The 2019 loss to SMU scheissing sucked and to be honest I was looking forward to this game more than any other game on the schedule to get the scoreboard back on SMU and shut their fans up. Now we have to wait another year and deal with this crap for a 3rd year.

I've been sick of listening to SMU players and fans talk [ Finebaum ] the last 2 years. How could you not be motivated for this game.

Their fans have been insufferable. They have ONE 10 win season in the last 40 years and act like they are some powerhouse program now, and acted like they got screwed out of the Big 12 as if they have a laundry list of accomplishments and how dare the Big 12 not invite SMU. Today's win will just continue to fuel that fire.

CardFrog

We have to honestly give some credit to SMU. It pains me to say this more than you would ever know but lets maybe assume SMU is pretty good and we just got our butts kicked. Arkansas was down to RICE in the 1st half. The fans were calling for mass firings during the game. Now look where they are. I am frustrated by the poor play like all of you but lets take a few before we over react. I know this isn't popular in the moment and Texas is looming with TCU having low expectations but I will judge him after the season.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Gary will not be fired.

Any change will have to come from Gary himself. Either in the form of his retirement or in a true evaluation of himself and his entire process.
That's the real issue, isn't it. He has not had a decent evaluation of himself and his methods since Dick Bumpas left, and when everybody's blowing sunshine up your ass, the weather always looks good.

Fiscuits

Nah.

One loss?

Nah.

Regroup, Gary.
Get ready for Texas next week.

That is all.
It's way more than one loss. Our record in the Big 12 from inception is terrible. The SMU game was simply a perfect representation of all that is wrong. No other coach would still be employed with this conference record (see Texas, Tech Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Texas A&M...basically everyone except OU).

Gary has to win 8 Big 12 games this season to keep his job IMO. He can not keep claiming we are young, grow em up, blah blah blah every single year. ...all the same BS.

We should NEVER lose to SMU...let alone get beat like a drum two years in a row. Beating Texas while going 3-6 or 4-5 in conference no longer is a pass. It should have never been a pass in the first place.

Gary is done. He is not bigger than the overall program, even though the school has allowed him to be for far too long.

Since 2016: 23 Big 12 wins, 22 Big 12 Losses. If being a middle of the road, mediocre program is the goal...Gary Forever.

Overall Big 12 Record
2012 4-5
2013 2-7
2014 8-1
2015 7-2
2016 4-5
2017 7-2
2018 4-5
2019 3-6
2020 5-4
9 seasons
5 losing
4 Winning

Pharm Frog

It's way more than one loss. Our record in the Big 12 from inception is terrible. The SMU game was simply a perfect representation of all that is wrong. No other coach would still be employed with this conference record (see Texas, Tech Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Texas A&M...basically everyone except OU).

Gary has to win 8 Big 12 games this season to keep his job IMO. He can not keep claiming we are young, grow em up, blah blah blah every single year. ...all the same BS.

We should NEVER lose to SMU...let alone get beat like a drum two years in a row. Beating Texas while going 3-6 or 4-5 in conference no longer is a pass. It should have never been a pass in the first place.

Gary is done. He is not bigger than the overall program, even though the school has allowed him to be for far too long.

Since 2016: 16 Big 12 wins, 22 Big 12 Losses.

Overall Big 12 Record
2012 4-5
2013 2-7
2014 8-1
2015 7-2
2016 4-5
2017 7-2
2018 4-5
2019 3-6
2020 5-4
9 seasons
5 losing
4 Winning

But we've had injuries....

cctcu

This kind of coaching (lousy) and losing will ultimately send a lot of the players into the portal. TCU and Patterson are wasting and misusing the talent we have. We've been able to recruit on a decent level but unless we get a new coaching staff - top to bottom - I'm afraid we're going downhill fast. Not that it doesn't seem that way at the moment.

Frogs1983

We have to honestly give some credit to SMU. It pains me to say this more than you would ever know but lets maybe assume SMU is pretty good and we just got our butts kicked. Arkansas was down to RICE in the 1st half. The fans were calling for mass firings during the game. Now look where they are. I am frustrated by the poor play like all of you but lets take a few before we over react. I know this isn't popular in the moment and Texas is looming with TCU having low expectations but I will judge him after the season.

There won't be any "judgment" after the season, that's the problem. Gary gets a free pass for mediocrity for "saving the program" 20 plus years ago!

4 Oaks Frog

Just saying that if he somehow finishes 10-2 I’m not gonna fire him. Not saying that it’s likely of course.
“I’m not gonna fire him” Jesus! You have the power to fire Gary, but you can’t get to fat ass gals out of the seats you bought and paid for?
Sad…
GO FROGS’
BEAT big orange cow!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!