• The KillerFrogs

Fire Gary

Fosterpark Squatter

Today was horrible but the B12 is wide open. There's a CHANCE for redemption starting with UT Austin, we all know a change won't happen this early in the season. Not defending today but just stating the facts while pointing out he still has a CHANCE for redemption.

Mean Purple

Does GP still have the fire inside him? Teaching is for football camps. He needs to be jumping their ass every mistake they make.

Hate that this is how it may end.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Does GP still have the fire inside him? Teaching is for football camps. He needs to be jumping their ass every mistake they make.

Hate that this is how it may end.
This is emphatically not the case. Some of the very best football coaches are also great teachers. What doesn’t work is some old rich white fat millionaire screaming in the face of and spitting on kids who literally don’t even own their own car , don’t have a degree or a job.

LVH

This is emphatically not the case. Some of the very best football coaches are also great teachers. What doesn’t work is some old rich white fat millionaire screaming in the face of and spitting on kids who literally don’t even own their own car , don’t have a degree or a job.

I was on the defensive practicefield with Gary for 4 years... I thought he was a good teacher then, especially in walk throughs. He knew his stuff. We'd go over every formation, situation, possibility.

It seemed like we over-prepared for every game. We'd go over the same stuff over and over. Before we played Air Force in 2009 we had a quick impromptu practice on Friday before getting on the plane because he didn't think we were ready.

At least when I was there, preparation wasn't the issue. I don't doubt the coaching staff still meticulously prepares. But, to be honest, I think we could afford to over prepare against teams that we played in the MWC, who didn't really have explosive offenses or a lot of athletic ability. In today's game, where the rules and game itself favors the offense more and more and more, perhaps being too prepared makes the defense a bit too hesitant. Remember, Alex Ibiolye was out of place on the Wisconsin 2 point conversion.

Simplification could be an answer, but it doesn't explain the piss poor defensive line play today.

Pharm Frog

Because we are a P5 with money. And he has been around and has many connections, including Saban, etc.

I get it but I disagree. Everything about GP has pointed to this way of managing a program. From his notable paranoia to his very vocal attitude about how assistant coaches are treated in their careers, everything points to this way. I don’t find it strange at all.