• The KillerFrogs

Fire Gary

I’d love to have Kellen Moore. No guarantees with anyone but we would have a fun offense. But, he turned down coaching at Boise and looks to be among those who will have an NFL offer after this season. If Jerry Jones has any sense, and doesn’t want to let another Sean Peyton get away, it will be with the Cowboys. McCartney is just a dime a dozen NFL coach from all appearances.

Planks

Kellen Moore isn’t taking the TCU job. He will probably be a NFL head coach soon.

He chose to not pursue the the Boise State job in the off-season, so why would he take the TCU job? If Moore takes a college job, it’s going to be a USC, LSU type job.

Planks

Hiring people who have never coached at any level is a really bad idea.

Are you referring to Moore or Dalton?

In the case of Moore, being a successful NFL coordinator more than than qualifies someone to be a college head coach.

I’m the case of Dalton, I think being a 10 year NFL pro should qualify someone to be at least a position coach at the college level.

Dogfrog

Are you referring to Moore or Dalton?

In the case of Moore, being a successful NFL coordinator more than than qualifies someone to be a college head coach.

I’m the case of Dalton, I think being a 10 year NFL pro should qualify someone to be at least a position coach at the college level.
I was referring to Dalton. Love him but there is a difference between playing and coaching. How many great coaches were great players? This is a desperation move. The only time I’ve seen the pro athlete with no coaching experience to college head coach experiment was when UH hired Clyde Drexler as head coach basketball. It was a monumental clusterscheiss. Dalton as assistant? Absolutely..

CountryFrog

You run that risk with any new coaching hire.. even some established coaches don’t pan out when making a college change. I like that he’s young and hungry. Maybe he really likes DFW and wants to stay?
That's reasonable. I guess i just want a guy who has at least some experience recruiting to run my program. And if he doesn't have that then he'd better put together a killer staff and as young as Moore is in his career (and with no college experience) then it's hard to imagine he's got a ton of connections to really good college assistants.

But you're absolutely right that you're going to run some level of risk with pretty much any hire.

Of course as others have said it ain't happening anyway. He's got a career path in the NFL and very few people leave that for the college game.