• The KillerFrogs

Finebaum Can't Watch More Than 2 Games a Week

Wexahu

Does anyone think that either of OUT, with the exact same resume as the Frogs, would be questioned by Finebaum or ANY of the other talking heads as to whether they were CFP worthy? Not a freakin chance, in fact they would both probably be ranked at #3 above Michigan.
If they were winning games the same way we were, yes. Last year when Oklahoma was 9-0 they were ranked #8 in the CFP poll (behind 5 one loss teams), and I don't remember the talking heads having that much of a problem with it. Because they were winning games much the same way we are and they had played a weak OOC. When they lost a game to fall to 9-1, they fell to #13 behind two 2-loss teams. Think about that.....OU at 9-1 and ranked #13.

I'm telling you, some of you people have ghosts in your head or something. This was just last year. I wish people would pay some freaking attention sometimes to reality.

edit: A 9-0 blue blood in Oklahoma was ranked three spots lower than a 9-0 G5 team in the 2nd CFP poll. In the 3rd CFP poll 8-2 Baylor was ranked two spots ahead of 9-1 blue blood Oklahoma. LOL.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

If they were winning games the same way we were, yes. Last year when Oklahoma was 9-0 they were ranked #8 in the CFP poll (behind 5 one loss teams), and I don't remember the talking heads having that much of a problem with it. Because they were winning games much the same way we are and they had played a weak OOC. When they lost a game to fall to 9-1, they fell to #13 behind two 2-loss teams. Think about that.....OU at 9-1 and ranked #13.

I'm telling you, some of you people have ghosts in your head or something. This was just last year. I wish people would pay some freaking attention sometimes to reality.

edit: A 9-0 blue blood in Oklahoma was ranked three spots lower than a 9-0 G5 team in the 2nd CFP poll. In the 3rd CFP poll 8-2 Baylor was ranked two spots ahead of 9-1 blue blood Oklahoma. LOL.
When was Oklahoma 11-0 with a higher SOS than any other undefeated team and still ranked behind all those other undefeated teams AND being told that "they don't play anybody" and they're just like Cincinnati?

I know you want to be Mr Objective about everything but you're going to struggle to find a more disrespected 13-0 team (if we make it there) from a power conference ever.

Wexahu

When was Oklahoma 11-0 with a higher SOS than any other undefeated team and still ranked behind all those other undefeated teams AND being told that "they don't play anybody" and they're just like Cincinnati?

I know you want to be Mr Objective about everything but you're going to struggle to find a more disrespected 13-0 team (if we make it there) from a power conference ever.
Florida State? How will we be any more disrespected than they were?

Wexahu

2017.....12-0 Wisconsin was ranked behind 11-1 Clemson, 10-2 Auburn and 11-1 Oklahoma.
2015.....12-0 Iowa was ranked behind 11-1 Oklahoma and Alabama
2014.....13-0 Florida State ranked behind 12-1 Oregon and Alabama

I guess I just don't see the disrespect. Pretty much everyone assumes if we win these last couple games we are going to be ahead of any 1-loss team, and who really cares if we don't as long as we get in the dang thing.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

2017.....12-0 Wisconsin was ranked behind 11-1 Clemson, 10-2 Auburn and 11-1 Oklahoma.
2015.....12-0 Iowa was ranked behind 11-1 Oklahoma and Alabama
2014.....13-0 Florida State ranked behind 12-1 Oregon and Alabama

I guess I just don't see the disrespect. Pretty much everyone assumes if we win these last couple games we are going to be ahead of any 1-loss team, and who really cares if we don't as long as we get in the dang thing.
I actually don't personally care about respect or disrespect. My life is made no better or worse by either. And if this were pretty much any other sport then it would be totally meaningless. But college football rankings are based almost totally on perception and recruiting is largely driven by the perception of your program so its hard to say that none of it matters at all.

As far as FSU since they're the only team that made it to 13-0, that was 8 years ago so I can't say definitively but were there actually people comparing them to group of 5 teams saying they just don't even belong? Or was it more a criticism of the fact that they weren't beating great teams and they had a QB who was turning the ball over at an absurdly high rate? Winston threw 18 INT's that year and had fumbling issues too.

Wexahu

I actually don't personally care about respect or disrespect. My life is made no better or worse by either. And if this were pretty much any other sport then it would be totally meaningless. But college football rankings are based almost totally on perception and recruiting is largely driven by the perception of your program so its hard to say that none of it matters at all.

As far as FSU since they're the only team that made it to 13-0, that was 8 years ago so I can't say definitively but were there actually people comparing them to group of 5 teams saying they just don't even belong? Or was it more a criticism of the fact that they weren't beating great teams and they had a QB who was turning the ball over at an absurdly high rate? Winston threw 18 INT's that year and had fumbling issues too.
It was because they weren’t beating teams in dominating fashion and had to come from behind in several games against teams that weren’t ranked. They were just winning, and it frustrated the heck out of fans of other competing teams, including ours.

There aren’t many teams that make it to undefeated this late in the season while playing so many close games, Generally people are saying same thing about us as they were FSU.

Wexahu

I love all the hate. Makes every win sweeter. Can't wait to see their faces when we're 13-0 and headed to the playoffs.
I can’t either. These next two weeks are gonna be nerve racking. The exposure we’d get for a month would be huge for the program, regardless of how the games turn out. But I think we’d be competitive because I don’t think any team out there is THAT great.

Last edited:

froginmn

I wish you would pay attention to the fact that OU's schedule was very back loaded last year.

And Baylor was ranked ahead of them because they had just defeated them.

Details matter.

That's because OU struggled mightily against Tulane (finished 2-10), Nebraska (finished 3-9), West Virginia (6-7), Kansas State (8-5), Texas (5-7). MOV of those games: 5, 7, 3, 6, 7. Hell, they were shutout at half to 0-4 in conference Kansas (finished 2-10) and only pulled ahead at the end of the 3rd quarter. Makes TCU's "close calls" this year look like blowouts, which were against much better teams.

Do you remember they benched Rattler? That's how bad things got for OU last year. Then of course, they lost two of their last three and didn't even make the Big XII championship.

So you're right, the talking heads didn't have a problem with it because OU was not OU of old, and everyone knew it.

Wexahu

That's because OU struggled mightily against Tulane (finished 2-10), Nebraska (finished 3-9), West Virginia (6-7), Kansas State (8-5), Texas (5-7). MOV of those games: 5, 7, 3, 6, 7. Hell, they were shutout at half to 0-4 in conference Kansas (finished 2-10) and only pulled ahead at the end of the 3rd quarter. Makes TCU's "close calls" this year look like blowouts, which were against much better teams.

Do you remember they benched Rattler? That's how bad things got for OU last year. Then of course, they lost two of their last three and didn't even make the Big XII championship.

So you're right, the talking heads didn't have a problem with it because OU was not OU of old, and everyone knew it.
I know. That's why they were ranked so low even though they were undefeated. And we would have been ranked at about the same place if we had similar results. Instead, at 9-0 we were #4 behind zero 1-loss teams.

That's how it works. It's rare that an undefeated blue blood that far into the season has so many close calls against mediocre teams, usually they are blowing most of them out. When they don't, they get ranked accordingly, just like every other team is ranked.