• The KillerFrogs

Finebaum Can't Watch More Than 2 Games a Week

Eight

The first three clowns fit this way more than the Herbstreit and Davis. Those two are professionals, sure their opinions aren't always going to align with yours or anyone else's but they aren't there for schtick. I repeatedly wonder why everyone seems to hate them so much whenever I watch their work.

reece is condescending arsr hat who comes across incredibly smug to me and never had the personality of fowler

consider it the sports world equipment of the current and prior host for meet the press

kirk isn't bad, he just isn't good to me anymore, just seems to be going through the motions on game broadcast

JogginFrog

They're just filling time; doesn't bother me any more. TCU is a prominent part of the national conversation. The record and schedule speak for themselves.

I give credit to any of these guys who takes the time to reference road games, where only 7 D1 teams have 3 wins without a loss. If the Frogs win Saturday, they will be 6-0 on the road with wins against 4 bowl teams (SMU now bowl eligible at 6-4). Michigan and Ohio State each have 1 road win over a team with a winning record.

dawg

Finebaum’s an secsecsec hack. Nothing more, nothing less. His presence on ESPN is solely due to the popularity of his radio show in secsecsec land and the need to fill four hours on the SECN. He’d put Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, and Bama in the CFP if he was in charge and argue how three-loss LSU’s resume was better than a 13-0 B1G or B12 champ.

Last edited:

Purp

I certainly hope it’s going to be the walkover everyone seems to think it will be.

It does seem like every headline is promoting a reason for TCU to lose.

ESPN this morning: TCU Still #4 In CFP…for now
I'm not trying to suggest this will be a walk-over. I think it'll be a tough game because every game this season has except for OU. All I'm saying is that, if you're going to make an argument that we're susceptible to an upset this weekend or that we don't belong in the CFP then your talking heads need to be better informed because Baylor at home and schedule strength aren't the right supporting data for those positions.

Rex Kramer

Just found the segment and had to satisfy my morbid curiosity. This pains me. I have to give credit to Mad Dog for being the voice of reason in that discussion. Ugh. ESPN sucks.

Horny4TCU

Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

TCU the Rodney Dangerfield of college football. No respect.

CountryFrog

I don't care one bit what Finebaum or Stephen A think or say. I assume neither has watched more than occasional highlights of TCU this year.

Speaking generally about ESPN, though, it does seem like I've heard less about their strength of record metric than ever before. I remember in past years hearing people say that's the best metric to look at out of everything. And yet this year for some reason you don't even see it being mentioned, at least not in regards to TCU who had the #1 SOR in the country. Maybe if TCU loses a game then that metric might become important again.

Rex Kramer

I don't care one bit what Finebaum or Stephen A think or say. I assume neither has watched more than occasional highlights of TCU this year.

Speaking generally about ESPN, though, it does seem like I've heard less about their strength of record metric than ever before. I remember in past years hearing people say that's the best metric to look at out of everything. And yet this year for some reason you don't even see it being mentioned, at least not in regards to TCU who had the #1 SOR in the country. Maybe if TCU loses a game then that metric might become important again.

I could definitely see that.

4 Oaks Frog

My handy-dandy ESPN app just gave me an alert that Heather Dinich and Finebaum had opinions about who was on upset alert this week. She's every bit as annoying as Finebaum, but she picked Michigan. Mr. SEC, however, picked us.

His rationale? Even though Baylor is a flawed team TCU doesn't match up well against any of the top 10 on a neutral site and this one isn't a neutral site; it's on the road in Waco.

I can make arguments for myself about how TCU could lose this game, but this one doesn't hold water for me. First, Baylor isn't a top 10 team so that comment is pointless. But Baylor is hardly a juggernaut at home this year either. Hell, if you want to project the match-up versus how Baylor has performed at home and how TCU has performed on the road I think the edge would have to go to TCU. That Finebaum is oblivious to the fact that Baylor got bent over at home last week by EMAW and, out of 3 conference homes games this season, so far they've lost 2 of them says all you need to know about the clown.

He watches only a couple high profile SEC games each week and pretends to know what is happening in the rest of the country. Of all the ESPN talking heads he's the worst (maybe tied with Gilmore). Is it too much to ask that they put informed people on TV?

To help him out I'll offer the historic rivalry and that we only are a few wins ahead in the all time series; the need to see our defense put multiple performances like that together before we can be big believers; the need to see more from our offense as its output has declined each week for about a month; the fact that Baylor finishes with us and Texas so if they want to finish above .500 they have to win one of those 2 and the home game should seem most likely...

This is lazy rubbish and surprisingly bad even for Finebaum.
scheiss Finebaum and Smith …
GO FROGS!
BEAT GOLD & GREEN PUKE’
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] baylor!!

Diehard

I certainly hope it’s going to be the walkover everyone seems to think it will be.

It does seem like every headline is promoting a reason for TCU to lose.

ESPN this morning: TCU Still #4 In CFP…for now
Good! In my book at least... More motivation for the Frogs.

frogteacher70

My handy-dandy ESPN app just gave me an alert that Heather Dinich and Finebaum had opinions about who was on upset alert this week. She's every bit as annoying as Finebaum, but she picked Michigan. Mr. SEC, however, picked us.

His rationale? Even though Baylor is a flawed team TCU doesn't match up well against any of the top 10 on a neutral site and this one isn't a neutral site; it's on the road in Waco.

I can make arguments for myself about how TCU could lose this game, but this one doesn't hold water for me. First, Baylor isn't a top 10 team so that comment is pointless. But Baylor is hardly a juggernaut at home this year either. Hell, if you want to project the match-up versus how Baylor has performed at home and how TCU has performed on the road I think the edge would have to go to TCU. That Finebaum is oblivious to the fact that Baylor got bent over at home last week by EMAW and, out of 3 conference homes games this season, so far they've lost 2 of them says all you need to know about the clown.

He watches only a couple high profile SEC games each week and pretends to know what is happening in the rest of the country. Of all the ESPN talking heads he's the worst (maybe tied with Gilmore). Is it too much to ask that they put informed people on TV?

To help him out I'll offer the historic rivalry and that we only are a few wins ahead in the all time series; the need to see our defense put multiple performances like that together before we can be big believers; the need to see more from our offense as its output has declined each week for about a month; the fact that Baylor finishes with us and Texas so if they want to finish above .500 they have to win one of those 2 and the home game should seem most likely...

This is lazy rubbish and surprisingly bad even for Finebaum.
He only likes SEC.