• 10-4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9-4

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 9-5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pharm Frog

I’m not as certain as some that this team hasn’t played it’s best game yet. I’d be a little more comfortable in thinking that the best full game is in the near future had the schedule not placed the bye week in mid-July.

Moose Stuff

Living in Iowa State Country here, about 45 miles from Ames. Church members smilingly tolerate my Frog-fan dom! One of my members said he thinks we win our next two games and that then Iowa State sneaks up on us and beats us! Certainly hoping that doesn't happen!
Winning the next two and then losing to Iowa St is a scenario too absurd to even consider. I just hope we don’t beat them 55-3 again.

Pharm Frog

Speak for yourself man. We’ve sucked for 5 years more or less so the idea that we could play in the Big 12 title game and then a NY6 type bowl game is pretty damn cool to me. SMH.
I think both of those would be fantastic and so unexpected at the beginning of the year that it would border on the absurd. But I do wonder how much luster might come off if a significant number of key players opt out to focus on their pro aspirations. Haven’t had that concern in quite awhile so not sure how it might play out.

Sebastian S

Dream levels
1. win it all
2. lose 1 game in the playoffs
3. lose to either Texas or Baylor, beat ISU, win conference champ, win NY6 bowl

Wexahu

I think both of those would be fantastic and so unexpected at the beginning of the year that it would border on the absurd. But I do wonder how much luster might come off if a significant number of key players opt out to focus on their pro aspirations. Haven’t had that concern in quite awhile so not sure how it might play out.
Making a NY6 Bowl game for this team would be a great achievement. It remains to be seen, but the Bowl game and the outcome, I just don't think people really care all that much about those games anymore. I mean, if we play LSU or Alabama and some of their very best players sit and some of our best players sit, at that point the game has a huge asterisk on it because we wouldn't really be playing 2022 LSU/Alabama and they wouldn't be playing 2022 TCU. I don't think it's that unusual of an opinion that if the game isn't important enough for marquee players to play in it, that the outcome isn't all that important.

Coaching changes, transfer portal news and recruiting will dominate December and January, nobody is going to care about Bowl game results. I couldn't name any matchups from last year's NY6 bowls, much less who won those games. The other Bowls? LOL.

Bizarro Frog

Pretty sure playing in the Sugar Bowl as a BIG 12 Champ even if we are left out of the playoff would be a huge deal for for the players, coaches, fans and the program. I would find myself in New Orleans for the holidays and that would be a great place to be.