• The KillerFrogs

Final Prediction - In or Out?

Final Prediction - In or Out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Purple Hearted

For all you naysayers who keep pointing to 2014 as to why we might get kept out.

In 2014 we had two data points in our favor. "Best loss" and "better point margin in our common opponent game", and honestly, that second one was kind of lame since we played Minnesota at home in September and OSU played them on the road in a snowstorm, and that game was never in doubt either, OSU was up by 17 points with 10 minutes to go. That's it. So despite all the rantings and ravings on here, every other relevant data point favored OSU.....best win, SOS, wins over bowl teams, outright conference championship 12-1 record, etc etc, etc. That's just a fact. And then throw in a 59-point win in the CCG on top of that.

In 2022 every single data point favors us over Alabama. Every single one. This situation isn't remotely comparable to 2014.

We are 100% in.
You're so sure, but there is no accounting for human bias in your surety. Just two minutes ago, Urban Meyer twice says that 'Bama is the better team (stating "who do you think would win between those two? and "how many points would Vegas have 'Bama favored over TCU"). Yeah, logically we should get in, but logically, you shouldn't drop 3 spots after a 48 point win either, despite all of your "data points".

Armadillo

99.9% in and probably at #3
Agree with Moose. I truly think 1, 2 and 3 stay the same.

michgan v osu would be a ratings bust. Outside of a few medium sized tv markets and wex, who wants to watch that again?

georgia v osu would be gold.

I will pray to Little Baby Jesus tonight for this.

One Frog Nation

For all you naysayers who keep pointing to 2014 as to why we might get kept out.

In 2014 we had two data points in our favor. "Best loss" and "better point margin in our common opponent game", and honestly, that second one was kind of lame since we played Minnesota at home in September and OSU played them on the road in a snowstorm, and that game was never in doubt either, OSU was up by 17 points with 10 minutes to go. That's it. So despite all the rantings and ravings on here, every other relevant data point favored OSU.....best win, SOS, wins over bowl teams, outright conference championship 12-1 record, etc etc, etc. That's just a fact. And then throw in a 59-point win in the CCG on top of that.

In 2022 every single data point favors us over Alabama. Every single one. This situation isn't remotely comparable to 2014.

We are 100% in.
THIS!!!!

Pharm Frog

Agree with Moose. I truly think 1, 2 and 3 stay the same.

michgan v osu would be a ratings bust. Outside of a few medium sized tv markets and wex, who wants to watch that again?

georgia v osu would be gold.

I will pray to Little Baby Jesus tonight for this.
I would actually prefer to play in the Rose Bowl or Orange Bowl but that’s just me.

HFrog1999

car sliding GIF

KTown Frog

It’s been said a few times, but if we are 3 and play Michigan, I like our chances with the 3 weeks rest of the team and the internal fire of losing today. Plus, Max leading the way, I like it!!!