• The KillerFrogs

Final Four Entry #3 - PubFrog

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
That Second Weekend in November
By PubFrog

It was a day that represented the biggest moment of a football program’s history. It was a morning summed up by a Krispy Kreme doughnut in one hand and a Shiner Bock, disguised in a coffee mug, in the other hand.

Billy Clyde Puckett had a stranglehold on both the doughnut and the mug. It was as if they were a part of a dream he didn’t want to wake up from so quickly. It had been 22 years since Puck had been back on campus.

“I’ll be damned,” Puckett said in disbelief as the crowd that had gathered that morning turned to bedlam the moment Chris Fowler and the ESPN College GameDay crew started to break down that night’s TCU-Utah game.

His pores were infused with a combination of Marlboro Reds, Johnnie Walker Black, and the steak and eggs breakfast from Ol’ South Pancake House from the previous night. Even as he began to slow down at 61, he didn’t stop being Billy C.

This was also the day my friend of 39 years finally was to be honored as one of the forgotten heroes of the TCU program during halftime. He was going to enjoy it. Of course, that meant chatting up every Megan, Jenna, and Laura that came into his line of sight.

That night, he walked out onto the field to an ovation reserved for a son. The distance between Billy C. and TCU was no more. On this day, our treasure found his way home.

PubFrog

QUOTE(BudaFrog @ May 2 2010, 11:20 PM) [snapback]554580[/snapback]
Nice job, PubFrog,; I enjoyed the story. Good luck! -BF

Thanks, BudaFrog. Enjoyed yours as well. Best of luck.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yours was nice too! Oh, I loved yours. Get real. Tell us what ya REALLY think of each others. No more slobbing each others nob. Go ahead....fight for those boots! :biggrin:

PubFrog

QUOTE(landfrog @ May 3 2010, 12:02 AM) [snapback]554587[/snapback]
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yours was nice too! Oh, I loved yours. Get real. Tell us what ya REALLY think of each others. No more slobbing each others nob. Go ahead....fight for those boots! :biggrin:

I figure that there's already enough negative mojo going on in the early stages of the final four, haha. I do want to mention, however, that my birthday is Friday. Those boots would make for a great gift. :biggrin: