• The KillerFrogs

Feel sorry for Cincy

Eight

Well, as I said, if you've tried it and don't like it, then I get it. It's an acquired taste. It also has chocolate in it. (Just like certain Texas Chilis!)

And call it whatever you like, but as soon as you call it a spaghetti sauce, someone of Italian heritage and a penchant for Bolognese sauce will come along and say you're nuts.

first, scotch is an acquired taste.

chili is a staple of the american frontier and no self respecting chuck wagon cook used cinnamon or chocolate

gravy over noodles is spaghetti sauce based upon the thoughts of my wife's brother in law who is first generation italian american and you can find variations of bolognese with cinnamon and cloves, but i guess it is an acquired taste, especially those into greek and armenian food

finally, i have eaten there before and it is in a long line of highly, highly overrated regional "must eat" experiences right up there with the varsity in atlanta and ole south in ft worth

chili is a staple of the american frontier and no self respecting chuck wagon cook used cinnamon or chocolate
I
gravy over noodles is spaghetti sauce based upon the thoughts of my wife's brother in law who is first generation italian american and you can find variations of bolognese with cinnamon and cloves, but i guess it is an acquired taste, especially those into greek and armenian food

finally, i have eaten there before and it is in a long line of highly, highly overrated regional "must eat" experiences right up there with the varsity in atlanta and ole south in ft worth
OK. So you've had it and don't like it. Fair enough. You win! Congratulations! My brother, who never lived in Cincinnati but who visited us there a few times, drives from Chicago to Cincinnati a couple times a year just to eat Skyline, so there's that.

I ate Skyline (not Empress or Ft. Washington) once a week for 4 years and enjoyed it. I'm not the only one, either. The place was always full of people, and few were complaining, as I recall. We have a pretty fair recipe (not perfect) and my wife makes it regularly -- has been for 40 years.

I agree about Scotch. It's an acquired taste. I tried to get my dad to enjoy some with me from time to time but he hated it and wouldn't drink it with me. My taste runs to Islay malts, my favorite being Laphroaig 15 year old.

Cheers!

Eight

OK. So you've had it and don't like it. Fair enough. You win! Congratulations! My brother, who never lived in Cincinnati but who visited us there a few times, drives from Chicago to Cincinnati a couple times a year just to eat Skyline, so there's that.

I ate Skyline (not Empress or Ft. Washington) once a week for 4 years and enjoyed it. I'm not the only one, either. The place was always full of people, and few were complaining, as I recall. We have a pretty fair recipe (not perfect) and my wife makes it regularly -- has been for 40 years.

I agree about Scotch. It's an acquired taste. I tried to get my dad to enjoy some with me from time to time but he hated it and wouldn't drink it with me. My taste runs to Islay malts, my favorite being Laphroaig 15 year old.

Cheers!

dude, it sucks and your brother's bad decisions are the basis for it being good?

in response to it always been full what does that prove? that people in the midwest like [ Finebaum ]ty spaghetti sauce over noodles? mcdonald's has a line every day at lunch time and are you going to tell me that is proof they make good hamburgers?

BearlyAFrog

Lol. It just demonstrates the randomness of these rankings.
Not random, deliberate attempt to prop up OU. OU was supposed to win in Waco setting up OU vs OkSt for the conference. If OU takes care of business then they go undefeated or 12-1 with wins over solid ranked opponents...CFP once again

dude, it sucks and your brother's bad decisions are the basis for it being good?

in response to it always been full what does that prove? that people in the midwest like [ #2020 ]ty spaghetti sauce over noodles? mcdonald's has a line every day at lunch time and are you going to tell me that is proof they make good hamburgers?
Wow, you're quite a beating! My congratulations to you!

You don't like Cincinnati chili. I get that. I also don't care. Is that OK with you?

I only responded to this topic because someone here said it was terrible and nobody said anything different. I happen to like the stuff. It's part of what I'd call the Cincinnati experience. Some folks here may end up in Cincinnati someday, perhaps watching TCU play football, and they just might want to have a taste. It's very unique and worth a taste if you've never had it. I recommend it. You don't. OK.

My brother is willing to drive 300 miles to Cincinnati and back because he likes Skyline Chili. It's just that simple. He does that because he thinks it's good. Not the other way 'round.

The Clifton/Ludlow location of Skyline (within walking distance of Nippert Stadium) is always full of local people. It's full because lots of people like it! Not the other way 'round. Again, pretty simple.

Eight

Wow, you're quite a beating! My congratulations to you!

You don't like Cincinnati chili. I get that. I also don't care. Is that OK with you?

I only responded to this topic because someone here said it was terrible and nobody said anything different. I happen to like the stuff. It's part of what I'd call the Cincinnati experience. Some folks here may end up in Cincinnati someday, perhaps watching TCU play football, and they just might want to have a taste. It's very unique and worth a taste if you've never had it. I recommend it. You don't. OK.

My brother is willing to drive 300 miles to Cincinnati and back because he likes Skyline Chili. It's just that simple. He does that because he thinks it's good. Not the other way 'round.

The Clifton/Ludlow location of Skyline (within walking distance of Nippert Stadium) is always full of local people. It's full because lots of people like it! Not the other way 'round. Again, pretty simple.

just warming up and you were the one who decided to defend it.

i and others said it was horrible, you got your feelings hurt i guess because you started using your brother's bad decisions to prove it was good.

you said a number of people ate there and i simply pointed out that mcdonald's can make the same claim but i am the beating so i will simply end by saying scheiss off

just warming up and you were the one who decided to defend it.

i and others said it was horrible, you got your feelings hurt i guess because you started using your brother's bad decisions to prove it was good.

you said a number of people ate there and i simply pointed out that mcdonald's can make the same claim but i am the beating so i will simply end by saying scheiss off
My feelings don't get hurt anymore -- I'm too old -- but if thinking they are helps you salve your considerable ego, then so be it.

I'm out. Scheiss off to you too!

An-Cap Frog

We all think Georgia is the best team, but their Strength of Schedule - including future games is 52nd. How many 9-1 or 8-2 teams would also be undefeated with that schedule?

An-Cap Frog

What Georgia's most impressive win this season? I'd say Auburn...

7-3 Clemson
7-3 UAB
7-3 Arkansas
7-3 Kentucky
6-4 Auburn
5-5 Tennessee
5-5 Missouri
5-5 Florida
5-5 South Carolina
2-8 Vanderbilt

They also play...
4-5 Charleston So
3-7 Georgia Tech

Wexahu

What Georgia's most impressive win this season? I'd say Auburn...

7-3 Clemson
7-3 UAB
7-3 Arkansas
7-3 Kentucky
6-4 Auburn
5-5 Tennessee
5-5 Missouri
5-5 Florida
5-5 South Carolina
2-8 Vanderbilt

They also play...
4-5 Charleston So
3-7 Georgia Tech
Georgia has outscored their opponents by 311 points through 10 games (none against FCS teams). Their average win margin against SEC teams is 32 points. They've given up 76 points all year. They've given up 29 points in the first halves of games.....through 10 games! Average score at halftime......24-3.

How many other teams could accomplish that, even with this schedule?

It's ridiculous. They don't have a great offense, but with that defense, it probably doesn't matter. Potentially the greatest defense in college football history, all things considered.

An-Cap Frog

Georgia has outscored their opponents by 311 points through 10 games (none against FCS teams). Their average win margin against SEC teams is 32 points. They've given up 76 points all year. They've given up 29 points in the first halves of games.....through 10 games! Average score at halftime......24-3.

How many other teams could accomplish that, even with this schedule?

It's ridiculous. They don't have a great offense, but with that defense, it probably doesn't matter. Potentially the greatest defense in college football history, all things considered.
Their defense is crazy good...offensive ranks of their opponents.

12 Florida
18 Tennessee
22 Auburn
30 Missouri
37 Arkansas
50 Kentucky
54 Clemson
73 South Carolina
96 UAB
113 Vanderbilt

Just for comparison Oklahoma State's opponents...also a good defense has given up 164 points more than 2X Georgia.

6 Texas
15 Iowa St
25 Baylor
32 TCU
47 K-state
55 Boise State
64 West Virginia
82 Tulsa
99 Kansas
NR Missouri St

Wexahu

Their defense is crazy good...offensive ranks of their opponents.

12 Florida
18 Tennessee
22 Auburn
30 Missouri
37 Arkansas
50 Kentucky
54 Clemson
73 South Carolina
96 UAB
113 Vanderbilt

Just for comparison Oklahoma State's opponents...also a good defense has given up 164 points more than 2X Georgia.

6 Texas
15 Iowa St
25 Baylor
32 TCU
47 K-state
55 Boise State
64 West Virginia
82 Tulsa
99 Kansas
NR Missouri St
I think the most incredible thing about this is that Texas' offense is #6.

BABYFACE

German pancake at OL South is pretty darn good