• The KillerFrogs

Fave LHCGP Era Memory (NOT the Rose Bowl)

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I still marvel at the magnitude of that beatdown. Ole Miss was completely unprepared for the speed, brutality and persistence of the Frogs. The hits just kept on coming.

For all of us who had to listen to a season long tongue bath that the SEC got from ESPN, it was a truly gratifying thing to witness.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Alamobowl vs. Oregon. The Comeback.
A friend of mine...um... acquired some VIP passes and we ran down on the field just as they released the balloons and confetti. Shook hands with CGMFP, high-fived a bunch of the players, and best of all, got to hold the trophy as they broke down the post-game podium. Got dozens of pictures holding it with people that thought we were supposed to be there. Greatest sports night of my life!
We had bought field passes for the post-game celebration or whatever you want to call it but didn't end up going.

You had to lineup at a certain section of the stadium with like 5 minutes left in the game. Well due to us coming back, I told my brother he could go but I wasn't going to miss any of the game so I was going to stay in my seat.

Glad I stayed put.

JugbandFrog

We had bought field passes for the post-game celebration or whatever you want to call it but didn't end up going.

You had to lineup at a certain section of the stadium with like 5 minutes left in the game. Well due to us coming back, I told my brother he could go but I wasn't going to miss any of the game so I was going to stay in my seat.

Glad I stayed put.

I was up in the upper deck. Went to get beer and a hot dog at the half and dang near everything was sold our. Plus rhe roof was leaking. A lot of fans left, so me and my buds made our way to the field level around the 40. A couple of dudes kept buying us beers as we were the “good luck charms” of the 2nd half.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
If I remember correctly (@TxFrog1999), didn't Scott put like 500 Club tix on his AMEX so KF.Cs could get first dibs? Then another donor (and then-active poster) caught on and purchased the remaining 2,500? Prevented the secondary market from spiking the price and allowed a lot of us to get 50 yard-line seats at a wholesale price.
You remembered correctly. There was more to that story that Scott told me in confidence, so I'll just add that there was a reason why some of you that purchased tickets through the school got a great seat for that game.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I was up in the upper deck. Went to get beer and a hot dog at the half and dang near everything was sold our. Plus rhe roof was leaking. A lot of fans left, so me and my buds made our way to the field level around the 40. A couple of dudes kept buying us beers as we were the “good luck charms” of the 2nd half.

My brother went to get drinks at halftime and when he came back, he came from the other end of the aisle so I just sat down in his seat and he sat in mine for the second half. Worked like a charm lol.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
My brother went to get drinks at halftime and when he came back, he came from the other end of the aisle so I just sat down in his seat and he sat in mine for the second half. Worked like a charm lol.
I’m glad it worked out like it did but it would have been easier if you two had figured out the proper seating arrangement in the first quarter. scheissers.

Froglaw

Crouch, won the Heisman that year.

Story I heard, possibly apocryphal, was during his Heisman interview he said something like "I like to play golf. I played every Sunday this season except for one: I was too sore after the TCU game"

Reading this thread I'm beginning to wonder if our two and three star players in the 2000 to 2016 era weren't more loyal to the program?

Not having the portal and facing a loss of a year in their sport made college athletes think twice before bolting.

Casey Printers could have developed at TCU. Choosing to transfer to Florida A&M was unfortunate.

Allowing kids to push the Portal button in the middle of the season is too easy for everyone involved in the program.

"You made me run too many laps! I'm gone."

froginmn

Agree with @Pharm Frog that nothing holds a candle to the Rose, and I said at the time to anyone who would listen that we'd better enjoy it because it may well be the all time pinnacle.

A different take on second favorite, though: we just passed the 8 year anniversary of TCU-Texas 2012. It was our first year in the Big 12 so there was importance to it. But for me it was a distraction. My mom had suffered a cardio respiratory arrest on Thanksgiving morning, and was on life support until we pulled it on Saturday.

I sat with my dad for that Texas game; he was understandably shocked and lost. The game gave us something else to focus on. He had become a big fan and both he and she had so fully enjoyed the Rose Bowl on TV, knowing my family was there.

RIP to both of them now.

East Coast

Tier 1
I don't get to many games in person, but I'm only going to include games I attended.
1A & B) 2012 and 2014 at West Virginia. 2 nail biting, pulse pounding wins, great friends, awesome partying before the games. I met Scott and Wes there in 2012, and also spoke with Navy Frog.
2) 2003 at Houston. I was there with family. A crazy offensive slugfest and everyone shouting "TCU!, TCU!, TCU!" as we marched out of the stadium
3) Honorable mention - technically Gary was defensive coordinator - TCU at Navy was the only time I saw LT play live while he was at TCU - my son was 9 at the time and it was the first time I was able to take him to a game.

Boomhauer

2009 Utah. As others have said no home game has come close since.

Also TCU 82 - Tech 27. Just one big party in that 2nd half and remember hoping we could somehow sneak into the 80s at the end as CGP tried to run out the clock. Then the run at the end, and remember laughing about it with my kid.

Froglaw

Turn on the Way Back Machine.

Waco - September 3, 2006. TCU still on the outside looking into the CFP.

Hot as the hinges on the big door by the River Styx.

Frogs v Bears at Floyd Casey Stadium. Ugly Green Turf Field.

The Children of the Tarp out in force along with the rest of their Cult.

TCU's Defense gives up just one touchdown.

TCU beats Baylor 17 to 7.

Greatest trip home outside of the Rose and Peach Bowl ever.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Reading this thread I'm beginning to wonder if our two and three star players in the 2000 to 2016 era weren't more loyal to the program?

Not having the portal and facing a loss of a year in their sport made college athletes think twice before bolting.

Casey Printers could have developed at TCU. Choosing to transfer to Florida A&M was unfortunate.

Allowing kids to push the Portal button in the middle of the season is too easy for everyone involved in the program.

"You made me run too many laps! I'm gone."
I don’t know about loyalty, but those guys played with a chip on their shoulder. They knew they’d been passed over by other conferences and legacy programs. Back then we’d go into a program, see that the high school best player was the QB, but he wasn’t going to be a college QB. Offer to convert him to linebacker, or whatever. And on Saturdays, those kids were out to beat the hell outta somebody.

JugbandFrog

Turn on the Way Back Machine.

Waco - September 3, 2006. TCU still on the outside looking into the CFP.

Hot as the hinges on the big door by the River Styx.

Frogs v Bears at Floyd Casey Stadium. Ugly Green Turf Field.

The Children of the Tarp out in force along with the rest of their Cult.

TCU's Defense gives up just one touchdown.

TCU beats Baylor 17 to 7.

Greatest trip home outside of the Rose and Peach Bowl ever.
I remember the heat that day. Fuuudge it was hot. I remember being behind a chain link fence yelling at Baylor fans on the other side. I almost passed out it was so dang hot.

stbrab

Peach Bowl. The bitterness of missing the playoffs...I wasn’t sure how the Frogs would react. An absolute ass whooping...bent the mighty SEC over. Plus, it was a fabulous trip. Our friends we tailgate with, weren’t going to go...at the last minute they changed their mind. Nothing better than watching the Frogs win with family and friends.

Virginia Frog

3) Honorable mention - technically Gary was defensive coordinator - TCU at Navy was the only time I saw LT play live while he was at TCU - my son was 9 at the time and it was the first time I was able to take him to a game.
Yes, the Navy "Fly-thru" game! 24-zip. TCU took it easy on the Middies. Decent pre-game TCU "tailgate" but the after game tailgates by the Navy folk were fun - many were Midshipmen parents - they were very inviting, open and warm.