• The KillerFrogs

Fave LHCGP Era Memory (NOT the Rose Bowl)

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If I remember correctly (@TxFrog1999), didn't Scott put like 500 Club tix on his AMEX so KF.Cs could get first dibs? Then another donor (and then-active poster) caught on and purchased the remaining 2,500? Prevented the secondary market from spiking the price and allowed a lot of us to get 50 yard-line seats at a wholesale price.
I bought a couple of nice seats from him for that Bowl!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Here are some deeper cuts:

2001 Louisville. They were ranked pretty high, it was Patterson's first season and things were not really going well (we lost to FCS Northwestern State in Patterson's first home game). It was Thanksgiving weekend as I recall so nobody was there....and we just spanked them. If I remember right, our first drive was an 80 yard bomb, followed by a squib kick recovery and a trick play touchdown, and before anyone knew what was happening were up 14-0.

That led to the following year and Louisville "owing us a butt whooping" and wanting to "take us to the woodshed".....and we spanked them again.

2003 Cinci game where the student section was constantly raining Tostitos might be my favorite home game as a student.

2005's BYU comeback was insane. I wish someone had a copy to throw on Youtube.

2012 WVU's was beyond nuts too, feel like that one doesn't get talked about enough in terms of heart attack games.
That 2001 game was fun for us, in that we had just flown back from a fabulous Bahamas trip and were finally sitting down for the first time in a while in a by-Ghod restaurant, and lo! There on the TV were the Frogs! Woo-hoo!

The opening game of that season was a terrible loss to Cinci, when we had a big lead and blew it...

Zubaz

That 2001 game was fun for us, in that we had just flown back from a fabulous Bahamas trip and were finally sitting down for the first time in a while in a by-Ghod restaurant, and lo! There on the TV were the Frogs! Woo-hoo!

The opening game of that season was a terrible loss to Cinci, when we had a big lead and blew it...
Quick note: Cinci loss meltdown was 2002. 2001 opened with a loss to eventual #2 Nebraska.

HFrog1999

If I remember correctly (@TxFrog1999), didn't Scott put like 500 Club tix on his AMEX so KF.Cs could get first dibs? Then another donor (and then-active poster) caught on and purchased the remaining 2,500? Prevented the secondary market from spiking the price and allowed a lot of us to get 50 yard-line seats at a wholesale price.

I got my tickets through the school and ended up with club seats on about the 15.

The last good seats I ever got through TCU, lol

Froginbedford

2009 CGD and Utah (particularly the kickoff fumble recovery and Tank’s pick 6)

2014 Peach Bowl (particularly Anderson’s pick 6 and our S-E-C chant after they kicked a meaningless 4th quarter FG)

2008 BYU

Standing in the NW End Zone, seeing Tank eye that pick, then watching him run directly at me to score....I'm sure he saw me jumping and waving....

Froginbedford

Here are some deeper cuts:

2001 Louisville. They were ranked pretty high, it was Patterson's first season and things were not really going well (we lost to FCS Northwestern State in Patterson's first home game). It was Thanksgiving weekend as I recall so nobody was there....and we just spanked them. If I remember right, our first drive was an 80 yard bomb, followed by a squib kick recovery and a trick play touchdown, and before anyone knew what was happening were up 14-0.

That led to the following year and Louisville "owing us a butt whooping" and wanting to "take us to the woodshed".....and we spanked them again.

2003 Cinci game where the student section was constantly raining Tostitos might be my favorite home game as a student.

2005's BYU comeback was insane. I wish someone had a copy to throw on Youtube.

2012 WVU's was beyond nuts too, feel like that one doesn't get talked about enough in terms of heart attack games.

Yeah, that 2001 Louisville game...Frogs up by 14 before Louisville even touched the ball....2002 game, TCU routed Louisville in the first quarter, again, and the Homecoming crowd there began to boo its own team....

Wally the Frog

One of my favorites was the 2006 snuffing of Texas Tech and their big bad offensive machine. Those Tech fans were certain that they would destroy us.

Gary's defense, with two freshmen at CB, held them to 3 points. Total silence in the upper deck from those raider fans.

Ultimate redemption after the 2004 debacle in Lubbock.

My Dad and brother, both Tech grads, were in attendance at that game, and refused to come to our post game tailgate. I think it was a week later before either one would talk to me again. Both were utterly devastated by that game. Family football rivalries are fun.

FrogCop19

Alamobowl vs. Oregon. The Comeback.
A friend of mine...um... acquired some VIP passes and we ran down on the field just as they released the balloons and confetti. Shook hands with CGMFP, high-fived a bunch of the players, and best of all, got to hold the trophy as they broke down the post-game podium. Got dozens of pictures holding it with people that thought we were supposed to be there. Greatest sports night of my life!

Horny4TCU

When Jarrett Anderson was made the OL Coach. When Patterson hired Kill to watch the offense. When Sonny Cumbie calls an option play inches from the goal line. When Patterson hired Meacham back, after Meach proved himself at KU.

froglash88

Not fair. The Rose Bowl is number 1 with me, but if I can't use it, then I vote for the Peach Bowl. After slaughtering Ole Miss, we ended up AP # 3 in the nation. I will never forget the sign at the national championship game that year -- "Winner Plays TCU"!!!
What else did that sign say on it? LOL