• The KillerFrogs

Fan Nation: Ex TCU Coach Gary Patterson Has Been Hired By Texas

frogs9497

Sure looks like his Texas consultant gig is planned short term.

I thought I read on here that he’s working from FW remotely, with the occasional trip to Austin. But I don’t see him staying at UT in his current capacity more than a year or two. Frankly, I didn’t see him in this capacity at all just a couple of months ago, so what do I know??

Bruce Berry

gary as coach in waiting is a good way for cdc to put himself on the hot seat

My sources are pretty good here-CDC is very solid in UT world.

Sark and his staff have not enamored themselves inside. He has a few people with issues beyond the guy with the monkey.

Eight

Sark and his staff have not enamored themselves inside. He has a few people with issues beyond the guy with the monkey.

sark has issues no doubt and he has been on the staff of both saban and pete carroll so he has seen how to build winning programs and have success at the highest level. can he replicate what they did? most likely not, but can he win there? remains to be seen and that means time.

he also inherited a roster with issues at quarterback, no depth at running back, little talent at wide receiver, an iffy offensive line, and a lack of talent at linebacker and end for pete k's scheme which happens to be very similar to gary's scheme in the front 6

so you blow him out with less than 2 years to try to build something and pay him the 20M plus they would owe him? maybe, but then replace him with a guy who had a losing record in conference play his last 4 seasons?

you better be right if you make that call.....

Bruce Berry

sark has issues no doubt and he has been on the staff of both saban and pete carroll so he has seen how to build winning programs and have success at the highest level. can he replicate what they did? most likely not, but can he win there? remains to be seen and that means time.

he also inherited a roster with issues at quarterback, no depth at running back, little talent at wide receiver, an iffy offensive line, and a lack of talent at linebacker and end for pete k's scheme which happens to be very similar to gary's scheme in the front 6

so you blow him out with less than 2 years to try to build something and pay him the 20M plus they would owe him? maybe, but then replace him with a guy who had a losing record in conference play his last 4 seasons?

you better be right if you make that call.....

Let's just say bringing in Gary wasn't his decision.

HornyWartyToad

Seems to almost go without saying if you're retaining Briles monkey guy on staff after he's outed, there will be others with, "issues."

Edit: Lol the filter. I intended a slightly more vulgar word for "prostitute," because I supposed, perhaps wrongly, that, "stripper," could do with some embellishment. I stand corrected. Also, apologies to the monkey.