• The KillerFrogs

Fall Camp 8-2-22

Eight

hmmmm....anyone catch the comments from soni misi on 247?

top will post the article tomorrow, but here is one answer that seems to confirm the thoughts that have been discussed around here a few times

"On the coaching change, it seems like it's really helped you...can you discuss that a little bit?

"Yeah, I really don't know how to put it into words. I don't want to throw shade at the other coaching staff. But, I just see more eye to eye with this staff and agree more with what they're teaching." "

Palliative Care

The difference comes when he learns to avoid the rush and instead of tucking the ball and running every time, he finds an open man deep down the field. Then he becomes a real threat as a QB.

Chongo94

top will post the article tomorrow, but here is one answer that seems to confirm the thoughts that have been discussed around here a few times

"On the coaching change, it seems like it's really helped you...can you discuss that a little bit?

"Yeah, I really don't know how to put it into words. I don't want to throw shade at the other coaching staff. But, I just see more eye to eye with this staff and agree more with what they're teaching." "
This really doesn’t surprise me for some reason.

Putt4Purple

He was in for 7 plays last year? All in junk time. 1 for 1 for 62 yds passing against OkSt sacked twice and ran twice.
I made my assessment based on spring drill quotes from others as well as my own view during the spring game. The slightest bit of pressure he ran rather than stick in the pocket and look for a receiver. As others have said he is young and will hopefully learn. If not he is definitely athletic enough for other possible positions.

Palliative Care

Your assessment isn’t wrong as young QB’s that can run often do so until the game slows down for them. It is just a mater of how long will this take.

Palliative Care

Dyke has it right. if you can contribute do it right away. In a year you may be lost to the portal, who knows? This is not the “grow them up” era anymore. It is also why so many guys are finding little interest when they hit the portal. The teams want contributors from the portal right now and not guys a year or two away.

Bruce Berry

I made my assessment based on spring drill quotes from others as well as my own view during the spring game. The slightest bit of pressure he ran rather than stick in the pocket and look for a receiver. As others have said he is young and will hopefully learn. If not he is definitely athletic enough for other possible positions.

Who are these others?

82 Frog Fever

Reporters from different outlets who occasionally have post on here. 247 etc... Also from different Killerfrog members who observed spring practices.
I have heard a few people make similar comments.
Sam was also an AllState caliber WR & DB as a H.S. Soph., and he played behind Payton Thorne @ QB, as a result he’s only started 9 games at QB and that was in 2019 (Junior yr.).
He has a really strong arm (60 yds. flat footed), but he’s a little weak on accuracy. (only 58% passing completions in H.S.)
Currently, he does have the most confidence in his legs, but I believe that’s changing.

82 Frog Fever

This interview of Jeremy Clark is a little long @ 21 min., but highly informative.
JC says he believes Chandler may be slightly ahead in QB competition, but that’s sort of the way it was in the spring with Max getting hot a little later.

HornyWartyToad

Here's another one from the same article:

How's it been getting coached by Coach McFarland?

"He's great. He's teaching me things I've never heard of before."

The more I hear/read stuff like this, the former staff seems eaten up with ineptitude. Sounds like we are due for a major step forward even if Sonny's guy are just garden-variety competent. . . And they sound better than that.

Eight

Here's another one from the same article:

How's it been getting coached by Coach McFarland?

"He's great. He's teaching me things I've never heard of before."

The more I hear/read stuff like this, the former staff seems eaten up with ineptitude. Sounds like we are due for a major step forward even if Sonny's guy are just garden-variety competent. . . And they sound better than that.

agreed, we have seen comments made by players in the offensive line, defensive line, and linebacker that mention the teaching of technique by this staff versus last year

a common theme on the nfl draft analysis of the frog defensive linemen in recent years has been the lack of developed technique

i also swear i can hear wes' voice yelling " i told of all you" every time a player talks about the new strength and conditioning program and the emphasis on nutrition

Last edited:

HornyWartyToad

agreed, we have seen comments made by players in the offensive line, defensive line, and linebacker that mention the teaching of technique by this staff versus last year

a common theme on the nfl draft analysis of the frog defensive linemen in recent years has been the lack of developed technique

i also swear i can hear voice yelling " i told of all you" every time a player talks about the new strength and conditioning program and the emphasis on nutrition
Some of that stuff sounds so basic(nutrition, etc.) that it's like the former guys weren't even the slightest bit curious about how they could do their jobs better- Meanwhile, all their competitors were scratching and clawing to find new ways to improve.

Eight

Some of that stuff sounds so basic(nutrition, etc.) that it's like the former guys weren't even the slightest bit curious about how they could do their jobs better- Meanwhile, all their competitors were scratching and clawing to find new ways to improve.

read the comments made by wallow as to one of the reasons he believes he is having a good camp with the texans in year two.

gary always bragged they knew how to make guys fast and at the end they really started focusing on the big lift numbers, but it sure seemed guys seemed to lack the functional strength and some of the athleticism they had in the earlier days of the program