• The KillerFrogs

Fall Camp 8-2-22

CountryFrog

if anyone hasn't heard the video of joe gillespie on 247 highly recommend it

interesting to hear a few names mentioned about a specific position groups and it sounds like a late transfer may have a big impact on the secondary
Definitely some interesting names mentioned.

82 Frog Fever

if anyone hasn't heard the video of joe gillespie on 247 highly recommend it

interesting to hear a few names mentioned about a specific position groups and it sounds like a late transfer may have a big impact on the secondary
Yes! He mentioned Caleb & Tymon. I’d almost forgotten about those two 300+ pounders.
Lots of exciting possibilities for some portal players to make an impact, & would love to see one of those two step it up.

4th. down

agree and in all honesty camp right now for the offensive line is the mental part and rounding into shape

when the pads go on and the battles with the defensive front becomes real we hopefully see some of the younger offensive linemen start to stack days of good work and progress

will be interesting to watch the line rotations on both sides early on
Agree and Sonny has already indicated on offense it's up tempo and that means a lot of substitutions over 4 quarters. I like our run game potential, especially late in the 4th. with a lead to run power football, slowly moving the chains and clock.

asleep003

Looking at the most recent OL 3 deep, which will change to some degree, it appears it may be as big a strength as our skilled position players. Do like our 2nd deep players very much... where there are also 2 previous regular starters.

Last edited:

Shorty

The hype has got me
Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

Eight

Not to downplay Jacksons elusiveness as a QB but as a QB he seems to rely to much on his feet rather than his arm throwing. It is an observation I'm sure opposing teams will notice as well.

maybe so, but remember this is a red-shirt freshman who didn't play his senior season as the chicago area pushed their fall sports back into the spring and he came to ft worth in the spring and he played in all of two games last year as the #3 quarterback

suspect he spent more time as scout team quarterback than anything else

young mobile quarterbacks tend to revert back to what worked at the previous level, but he has also just started to learn the position

did notice quentin harris (#54) looks like he has a huge frame to fill out over time

Limp Lizard

Not to downplay Jacksons elusiveness as a QB but as a QB he seems to rely to much on his feet rather than his arm throwing. It is an observation I'm sure opposing teams will notice as well.
That's why he is #3. Still has a lot to learn. That's why they have coaches and don't just throw the players out on the field and let them play sandlot football. We will see how he progresses this year.