• The KillerFrogs

Fall Camp 8-2-22

Eight

There were some position changes in the spring (Brooks, Battle) but so far the only big change is Altrique Barlow to DL. Staff seems confident in the OL, including depth so guess why not.

interesting, suspect the move is to the interior defensive line where a 350+ lb body should tie things up inside

this mean good things from hayes and bolticoff in the offseason?

helcap

interesting, suspect the move is to the interior defensive line where a 350+ lb body should tie things up inside

this mean good things from hayes and bolticoff in the offseason?
Dykes quote in Star Telegram

Sophomore Altrique Barlow has also changed positions and practiced with the defensive line Tuesday. “We wanted some more size up front defensively. Barlow, I think he’s 370-plus right now, and he’s one of those guys that keeps getting bigger and it’s not necessarily bad weight. He can carry that kind of mass and that’s something we’ve been looking for,” Dykes said.

So mas mass up front

Eight

Dykes quote in Star Telegram

Sophomore Altrique Barlow has also changed positions and practiced with the defensive line Tuesday. “We wanted some more size up front defensively. Barlow, I think he’s 370-plus right now, and he’s one of those guys that keeps getting bigger and it’s not necessarily bad weight. He can carry that kind of mass and that’s something we’ve been looking for,” Dykes said.

So mas mass up front

thanks helcap

never took astronomy, but i am fairly certain when they stop talking about your weight and start talking about your "mass" you are a ham sandwich away from developing your own gravity field

asleep003

There were some position changes in the spring (Brooks, Battle) but so far the only big change is Altrique Barlow to DL. Staff seems confident in the OL, including depth so guess why not.
From general observations over the years, interior DL are more athletic than the OL. So, at his size, if he cannot make a push for the 2 deep by now on the OL, then probably not going to hold my breath that he'll contribute to the DL ... But hopefully staff gives him a solid look in the Tarleton game, Sept 10.

OICU812

From general observations over the years, interior DL are more athletic than the OL. So, at his size, if he cannot make a push for the 2 deep by now on the OL, then probably not going to hold my breath that he'll contribute to the DL ... But hopefully staff gives him a solid look in the Tarleton game, Sept 10.
How, “athletic,” do you think was Tony Siragusa? Not disputing your general point, but sometimes a big wide immovable fireplug in the middle of the defense is a great starting point.

Eight

How, “athletic,” do you think was Tony Siragusa? Not disputing your general point, but sometimes a big wide immovable fireplug in the middle of the defense is a great starting point.

especially when the frogs have 1 true, bigger body and that is a true freshman

they have to be able to split those snaps up somehow and this might be a case where he can take some of those snaps

Palliative Care

Offensive line depth or lack of depth can be a late season Achilles heel. We need to see some talk about improving depth for the coming season to give me more hope in overall win/loss record. I do like the positive talk so far.

Chongo94

The serious question for me is, do we take these coaching staff comments at face value or what?

Got burned too many times by GP….during the final decade I finally figured out that if he was happy and saying good things at this point, then we would hugely suck all season.

Conversely, if he said we had been awful and needed a lot of work, we would most likely be pretty awesome.

Eight

Offensive line depth or lack of depth can be a late season Achilles heel. We need to see some talk about improving depth for the coming season to give me more hope in overall win/loss record. I do like the positive talk so far.

agree and in all honesty camp right now for the offensive line is the mental part and rounding into shape

when the pads go on and the battles with the defensive front becomes real we hopefully see some of the younger offensive linemen start to stack days of good work and progress

will be interesting to watch the line rotations on both sides early on

Eight

The serious question for me is, do we take these coaching staff comments at face value or what?

Got burned too many times by GP….during the final decade I finally figured out that if he was happy and saying good things at this point, then we would hugely suck all season.

Conversely, if he said we had been awful and needed a lot of work, we would most likely be pretty awesome.

part of the learning curve chongo and there are still 3+ weeks of practice before they start keeping score so far, far too early to get excited about anything other than the start of the season and a new start for the program

Last edited:

NewFrogFan

Foster, over worked in HS.......7000 rushing yds. +-, in 3 yrs., 4.39 forty speed. His body just could not take the beating anymore. Never really had an extended healthy streak while here. A quality RB for sure with some size, power, and speed.....wish him the best.
Is he done w FB?