• The KillerFrogs

Fall Camp 8-2-22

HornyWartyToad

Coach Riley has talked with Sam about using a 2 QB package since the Spring (they call it the Wolf Pack).
Meaning? 2 QBs alternating snaps? Or 2 on the field together? Curious because several years ago there was a HS coach running an offense with 2 QBs in the backfield, and the defense had no way to know which one would get the snap. Was piling up huge numbers and nobody could shut it down. Always wanted to see that happen at the college level.

CountryFrog

Several assumptions here but you should listen to Jackson's time in the media room yesterday. Coach Riley has talked with Sam about using a 2 QB package since the Spring (they call it the Wolf Pack). It isn't a position change but a chance to get an explosive player on the field more often. He is a team player and really likes where he is at right now.

Obviously that could change but so far this staff has the players buying in to the program and they all seem to be willing to do whatever it takes.
No doubt there are lots of assumptions being made by many of us and assumptions are all we will be able to make until September when we'll get some actual evidence.

Position change or not, a "2 QB Package" is still not starting QB so the point remains that unless he can overtake Morris at some point (which he very well may be able to do, I have no idea) in the next year or so then his staying will be reliant on his willingness to be something other than the starting QB. Position change or 2 QB Package are just different ways of saying essentially the same thing - you're not the guy at QB but we think you can make plays and we'll find ways to get you the ball.

Palliative Care

The multiple quarterback set could even have a third QB/WR/RB with two regular QB's as we know how well Duggan can run. This is... amazing?! And somewhat insane.

HornyWartyToad

The multiple quarterback set could even have a third QB/WR/RB with two regular QB's as we know how well Duggan can run. This is... amazing?! And somewhat insane.
In trying to find the article I read about the coach who was using it (never found the original article-frustrating), it was alternately referred to as a "Double-Wing," or, "Double-T," formation. Suppose it's something of a nod to the leather-helmet/no helmet days when teams used Single Wing or T formation to open up huge gaps in the defense. That's about as far as I could get, unfortunately.

Palliative Care

There are several coaches talking about collage use of this back into the early 2000's on you tube. I never saw it until now.

It is also rather like having a duel option called on each play but with the QB's and the ball meeting and separating on each snap. It is super crazy for the defense to adjust quickly enough to all the variations and reads.

Froggish

In trying to find the article I read about the coach who was using it (never found the original article-frustrating), it was alternately referred to as a "Double-Wing," or, "Double-T," formation. Suppose it's something of a nod to the leather-helmet/no helmet days when teams used Single Wing or T formation to open up huge gaps in the defense. That's about as far as I could get, unfortunately.
Princeton James Perry